The National Football League

Comments

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Or Andrew Luck suddenly comes out of retirement.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    It'd be better if Eli went to the LA Chargers.  Or the Jets.  
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    Eli.   double Peyton. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    The Jets?
    Is that a joke?  (Seriously asking that, guessing it must be.  If Eli wanted to be a back up he would have lots of options, including the Giants.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited March 2020
    ikiT said:
    Is there a uniform uglier than Tampa Bay’s right now?

Those are throwbacks though, can't count that one!
    yo they we're ugly then too.   They weren't as baggy
    Eli to the Chargers would be highly ironic.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Eli to anyone would be crazy.  If the guy was still a starter caliber QB w/upside he would still be the starter where they worshiped him.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141

Eli to anyone would be crazy.  If the guy was still a starter caliber QB w/upside he would still be the starter where they worshiped him.
    Unfortunately they didn't worship him. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Unfortunately they didn't worship him. 

You would know better than I....perhaps my view is tainted by the hard core Giants fans that I know. 
    My brother is one and he finally did let it go last year and admit that Eli is not a starting caliber QB any longer.  He still thinks Eli is an all time great and his favorite QB. 
    If the Jets want to succeed against the team that dominates the AFC East, Eli Manning would be one of the straws they could grasp at.  

or they could just continue being the Jets.  
    The Jets already have a QB.  They need an OL and a few WRs.
    Eli could be the back up....
    Good luck with that.
    ikiT said:
    Good luck with that.

With Sam Darnold over Eli?
    I think every GM in the game makes that call.  Not sure if they even have to think about it.
    Hey, could be wrong...Eli's phone could be ringing off the hook right now.

If the Jets win 4 games next year it will be a MFing miracle.  
    ikiT said:
    If the Jets win 4 games next year it will be a MFing miracle.  
    Eh, I think if they add OL and WR they can.  I'm not saying they make the playoffs, only that they have their starting QB option set.
    The Jets have been living (and mostly dying) by poor QB play for decades.  Darnold is no Jameis Winston, but he is stupid.

here's some concepts the Jets front office should consider
    3 decent OL 1 BIG running back 1 fearless slot receiver and DBs and LBs who can disrupt

The Jest, I mean the Jets.  So mediocre for so long.  
    At least Eli would guarantee 2 wins a season.
    Ahhh, so Darnold is stupid.  I see.
    He must have scored really poorly on his testing.  (Nope.)
    This is an anti-Darnold thing more than a pro-Eli thing.
    Got it.  Still only 22 years old, you know.  I believe only Kyler Murray will be younger as a starting QB next year. 

It's more "the Jets suck" than anything.  I don't wish Eli on anyone.

https://twitter.com/RochieWBZ/status/1186455154024951808

Again Good luck with that.
    Ha.  I am a Darnold fan but only care about the Jets as he is the QB.  That was funny, with the Seeing Ghosts comment, but it does not make him stupid.  BB as a coach has made QBs much more experienced than a 22 year old kid horribly confused.  (They just were not mic'd up to say something funny like that as a way to share that he was not seeing the defense and was confused.)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Cam Newton released 
    I miss igotid88
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    igotid88 said:
    Cam Newton released 
    Not surprised, nobody was trading for him with his contract. Now somebody can get him a lot cheaper and he can try and revitalize his career.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    The Jets already have a QB.  

USC bias.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited March 2020
    Wobbie said:
    The Jets already have a QB.  

USC bias.

Yeah, I admit(ted) to being a fan of young Sam.  I wish he were the QB in SF.
    Me too.  Much in the same way Gronk did, Jimmy Garopps would literally be named the OVERLORD of Massachusetts, most of Rhode Island, and New Hampshire.
    ikiT said:
    Me too.  Much in the same way Gronk did, Jimmy Garopps would literally be named the OVERLORD of Massachusetts, most of Rhode Island, and New Hampshire.

I am a fan of Jimmy G, as well.  Just sayin' I would like to have the upside of Sam more, along with the roster flexibility.  I think that Kyle can make lots of QBs look great.  (See one overhyped Matt Ryan.)
    I like JG, though, and am high on his doing better next year & the year after.
    ikiT said:

I am a fan of Jimmy G, as well.  Just sayin' I would like to have the upside of Sam more, along with the roster flexibility.  I think that Kyle can make lots of QBs look great.  (See one overhyped Matt Ryan.)
    I think Niners fans may get as frustrated eventually with Jimmy G as Chiefs fans did with Alex Smith.  Don't get me wrong, I loved Alex Smith and constantly stood up for the guy, but each of them has a ceiling and if he runs into another elite QB in the playoffs the Niners will have trouble.  I hope I'm wrong for your sake.

ikiT said:

I think Niners fans may get as frustrated eventually with Jimmy G as Chiefs fans did with Alex Smith.  Don't get me wrong, I loved Alex Smith and constantly stood up for the guy, but each of them has a ceiling and if he runs into another elite QB in the playoffs the Niners will have trouble.  I hope I'm wrong for your sake.

I know them both, being a Niners fan, lol.
    Jimmy G is still a baby as far as games started.  Could be that you are right.
    Shit, anyone is going to have a tough time running into your guy, as we saw in the playoffs.  Came from a tough spot in every game for wins.
    ikiT said:

I know them both, being a Niners fan, lol.
    Jimmy G is still a baby as far as games started.  Could be that you are right.
    Shit, anyone is going to have a tough time running into your guy, as we saw in the playoffs.  Came from a tough spot in every game for wins.
    I wanted Alex to win so badly too, even though I saw it through my vacuum of Red and Gold.  After, they lost to the Colts after leading Andrew Luck 38-10 in the playoffs, I could already see that unless the team catches several breaks against a elite QB in the playoffs, it would not end well.  Only playoff win for Alex in KC was against Brian Hoyer and Houston.  Lost to Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, and Ben Roethlisberger.