The National Football League

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    igotid88 said:
    What are the current odds for GA and Reserved, need to strategize before making my selections.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I couldnt watch much of that.
    Thoughts.....
    1. Boobs McPinkShades
    2. A lot of 14 year olds will think this is great
    3. Boobs McPinkShades 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    ed243421 said:
    This ^

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    What are the current odds for GA and Reserved, need to strategize before making my selections.
    for a genre that i think it's all terrible that takes the cake. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Well I guess even the coronavirus won't stop NFL free agency.  It's actually kinda nice to read about something other than the virus for a bit here.  And why the hell would the Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins?!?!?  He's the best WR in the NFL and only 27....crazy!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Well I guess even the coronavirus won't stop NFL free agency.  It's actually kinda nice to read about something other than the virus for a bit here.  And why the hell would the Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins?!?!?  He's the best WR in the NFL and only 27....crazy!
    Very strange. I wonder what they got back for him.

Kyler Murray must be doing backflips. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Holy shit.  Niners trade Buckner to colts.  Lock up Armstead.
    So....they lose Buckner but gain #13 pick in the draft and about $12MM in cap space.
    Very interesting.  
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    As a Colts fan, I totally approve of the Hopkins trade.  Marvelous move by the Texan's front office!

Maybe the Colts can get JJ Watt for a snow shovel ...
    So....they lose Buckner but gain #13 pick in the draft and about $12MM in cap space.
    Very interesting.  
    whoa!

didn't see that one coming.  I see this as a win for the Colts.  This is the part of the draft that mystifies me ... when a GM will take a young proven all-pro and trade him for a medicre chance of drafting a player that hopefully will be as good as the player you just traded for in a few years ... doesn't make sense to me.  Or Niners know something about Buckner the Colts don't know ... 
    Very interesting.  
    I would love the Chiefs to get something similar for Chris Jones.  They just franchised him today.  Seems to be a matter of time before he's traded to free up cap space for the monster contract extension Mahomes is going to sign.

Jason P said:
    Very interesting.  
    whoa!

didn't see that one coming.  I see this as a win for the Colts.  This is the part of the draft that mystifies me ... when a GM will take a young proven all-pro and trade him for a medicre chance of drafting a player that hopefully will be as good as the player you just traded for in a few years ... doesn't make sense to me.  Or Niners know something about Buckner the Colts don't know ... 
    They think they get enough by keeping the cheaper player (Armstead) and some cap space to address other needs + high draft pick.

Success hinges on the draft pick and how they spend the money.  Buckner is awesome but last year (and only last year) Armstead was as well 

Colts got a great team guy and d lineman.
    Jason P said:
    Very interesting.  
    whoa!

They think they get enough by keeping the cheaper player (Armstead) and some cap space to address other needs + high draft pick.

Success hinges on the draft pick and how they spend the money.  Buckner is awesome but last year (and only last year) Armstead was as well 

Colts got a great team guy and d lineman.
    Colts will be making him one of the highest paid players in the league, but they had a ton of cap space to work with.  I can see if the niners had cap issues that getting a mid 1st round pick is mitigating letting him walk for nothing in a few years.
    Yeah and re-signing Armstead instead of letting him walk.
    Could be good for both sides but agree that colts look good with this   no way a #13 pick is more impactful to their team next year.
    OK, my mind has processed the Colts trade ... now back to trying to process the madness of Bill O'Brien ...  perhaps Hopkins showed up at the O'Brien family bbq unannounced and did this ...

https://youtu.be/M2FmDysvDr8

Billy goes into a blind rage and trades him for a platoon RB getting 7x the current market value.  Hmm.  No, that still doesn't make sense.

I'm vexed.  Terribly vexed.
    Surprising, to me, but the first write up I see likes the trade more for 49ers.
    Time will tell based on the draft pick....

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Holy crap. I really really did not see Brady leaving.
    Holy crap. I really really did not see Brady leaving.
    Yep, per Brady's Instagram, he's leaving...

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Wow I honestly didn't think he would leave NE.
    Wow, so he is going to end up in Tampa?  Chargers?  Not sure how many other spots there are for him.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169

I think its Tampa.
    What a sin. Belichick is ruthless to a fault.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    I think the Colts would be the best situation for him.  What about the 49ers?  If there was a chance you could get him and part with Jimmy G's contact, would you do it?
    Wow, so he is going to end up in Tampa?  Chargers?  Not sure how many other spots there are for him.
    Those seem like the only two options left. They've both made the largest offers. 

I don't think this is going to work out well for him. Neither Tampa nor the Chargers were as good as the Patriots last year. The Pats defense faltered down the stretch (especially in week 17 against my Dolphins), but they're still really good. And the Pats always have a good system in place offensively where somehow someone like Edelman is always getting open on crossing routes. Tampa has some really good receivers that can stretch the field, but can Brady get them the ball downfield? 

Frankly, I think he's just having a midlife crisis. He's about at that age. But whereas a regular person might say "Honey, I'm buying a motorcycle!", Brady's like "Honey, I'm changing teams!" 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    I think the Colts would be the best situation for him.  What about the 49ers?  If there was a chance you could get him and part with Jimmy G's contact, would you do it?

No way.  He is 43 when the season starts. 
    That would be like electing a president who would be in their 80s during 1st term.
    (Oh wait, I am hoping for that one....)
    Also, I have many friends who are Niners fans and talk shit on Jimmy G.  I think he was pretty good most of the time and is going to get much better...also think our WRs sucked last year and will be better moving forward.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Wowwwwwww. Great run, now I look forward to New England finally falling back into the ether. 

No way.  He is 43 when the season starts. 
    That would be like electing a president who would be in their 80s during 1st term.
    (Oh wait, I am hoping for that one....)

LOL, I am hoping for the same.
    Wowwwwwww. Great run, now I look forward to New England finally falling back into the ether. 
    Don't count them out yet. They were still really good last year and Brady was as average as can be. With a comparable average-to-above-average QB, they could still do some damage in that division and factor into the playoff race. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    I think the more interesting question isn't where does Brady end up, but who does NE go with?
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Don't count them out yet. They were still really good last year and Brady was as average as can be. With a comparable average-to-above-average QB, they could still do some damage in that division and factor into the playoff race. 
    Not counting them out, but it's inevitable. I look forward to 5 years from now, I mean if we're not all dead.