Pearl Jam's Gigaton in Dolby Atmos - A Truly Unique Listening Experience .. Postponed

Comments

• Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 542
    Refund from Boston common amc 
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Please see the latest update for Gigaton Listening Experience
    https://pearljam.com/onenightonly/
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,355
    So I'm guessing that's UK too. Bummer :(
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • holo92holo92 Posts: 182
    As I read it, it is for all events wordwide.
    You could still buy tickets now, for example in Nuremberg, but I think it changes soon.
    Very sad, but understandable.
    06/15/92, 08/14/95, 11/03/96, 09/11/98, 06/11/00, 06/23/00, 06/25/00, 06/18/03, 06/21/03, 09/28/04,
    09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/16/06, 09/17/06, 09/19/06, 09/22/06, 09/23/06, 06/12/07, 06/18/07,
    06/21/07, 06/23/07, 06/24/08, 06/25/08, 08/15/09, 08/18/09, 06/30/10, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 07/02/12,
    07/04/12, 07/07/12, 06/16/14, 06/17/14, 06/26/14, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 07/01/18, 07/03/18, 07/05/18,
    09/02/18, 09/04/18, 06/21/22, 06/28/22, 07/14/22
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    Haven't heard anything about the show from Arclight in Chicago, only an email about their enhanced cleaning procedures. I figure it's only a matter of time though.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Sea said:
    Please see the latest update for Gigaton Listening Experience
    https://pearljam.com/onenightonly/

Thanks!

GLOBAL GIGATON LISTENING EXPERIENCE POSTPONED

We are aware several markets have already postponed or cancelled their screenings and we believe more will follow suit in the coming days. As this public health crisis continues to unfold, we have made the unfortunate decision to postpone ALL of the March 25th “Gigaton Theatrical Listening Experience” events until they can be safely rescheduled.

We are working closely with all of our exhibitors around the world to quickly re-schedule these events as soon as possible.

The ticketing for this event was managed by local theaters and they will also be overseeing the ticket refund/transfer process. As each theater will be following their own ticketing systems, we ask you to please consult your point of sale for further information regarding refunds and/or transferring to the new date when scheduled.

The immersive event takes over the big screen just two days before the release of Pearl Jam’s anxiously awaited new album, Gigaton on March 27, 2020.

The Gigaton Listening Experience includes a playback of the entire album in Dolby Atmos. Since this immersive sound system is still new to the consumer market, Pearl Jam fans will have a unique opportunity to hear the album in a completely different way.

The Gigaton Listening Experience will be enhanced with a choice set of visuals curated and created by Evolve, the filmmaker and artist behind the music video for the first single “Dance of the Clairvoyants.”

****Check back here for updated listings. More theaters being added!****

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    The Rock said:
    So I'm guessing that's UK too. Bummer :(
    :disappointed:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    mattcoz said:
    Haven't heard anything about the show from Arclight in Chicago, only an email about their enhanced cleaning procedures. I figure it's only a matter of time though.
    They’ve moved all their theater seating to a temporary format to block off every other row of seating for short-term social distancing solutions. I’m guessing the official postponement news came late this week and they’ll update us on it early next week.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    edited March 2020
    Got the refund email for Marcus in Madison today.  Pretty much figured that would happen.
  • Why would someone buy tickets again for this after the release on vinyl or CD or digital? Maybe the album release is also going to be postponed
    Why would someone buy tickets again for this after the release on vinyl or CD or digital? Maybe the album release is also going to be postponed

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Why would someone buy tickets again for this after the release on vinyl or CD or digital? Maybe the album release is also going to be postponed
    It's about listening to it the "way it was recorded". Dolby Atmos. Also there's an extra 20 minutes. Want to know what that's about 
    I miss igotid88
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    demetrios said:

:giggle:
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    igotid88 said:
    It's about listening to it the "way it was recorded". Dolby Atmos. Also there's an extra 20 minutes. Want to know what that's about 
    The hearing of the songs premiered is a way way better experience than going after you’ve heard it

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:
    The hearing of the songs premiered is a way way better experience than going after you’ve heard it

Yea, had tickets, but won’t go if they do it later. Hearing it before it came out was my whole incentive to go. Could care less after the fact.
    edited March 2020
    MedozK said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:

Yea, had tickets, but won’t go if they do it later. Hearing it before it came out was my whole incentive to go. Could care less after the fact.

Agreed, it was a special thing to hear it early. I'll think about it, but probably won't go. I still haven't received anything from the theater though.
    Post edited by mattcoz on
    MedozK said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:

So you do care
    I miss igotid88
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    igotid88 said:
    MedozK said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:

So you do care
    Hahaha! Yeah people always seem to get that wrong. "Could care less" means you actually care. 
    This had the potential to gross 500k here in the states. Maybe more if more theaters added a 2nd date like the Landmark in NYC did before the postponement
    I miss igotid88
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    I’m going to attempt to get a refund from Cineplex for the show in Calgary. See how that flies. 
    I’m going to attempt to get a refund from Cineplex for the show in Calgary. See how that flies. 

I got a refund from Cineplex. Shouldn't be problem. I did it via Cineplex's live chat that night I got word Pearl Jam postponed the tour. 
    edited March 2020
    TJ25487 said:
    igotid88 said:
    MedozK said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:

So you do care
    Hahaha! Yeah people always seem to get that wrong. "Could care less" means you actually care. 
    Ha, yep could care less than what I do.... but since I don't..... does that mean I could care or really haven't cared?
    Post edited by MedozK on
    MedozK said:
    TJ25487 said:
    igotid88 said:
    MedozK said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:

So you do care
    Ha, yep could care less than what I do.... but since I don't..... does that mean I could care or really haven't cared?
    Could care less means you could but choose not to because you do care. It's couldn't care less.
    I miss igotid88
    edited March 2020
    igotid88 said:
    MedozK said:
    TJ25487 said:
    igotid88 said:
    MedozK said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:

So you do care
    Could care less means you could but choose not to because you do care. It's couldn't care less.
    Yes, I understand the error.. smh. That was a joke.

Post edited by MedozK on

Published on March 15th, 2020 | by Alan Cross

CANCELED! The Pearl Jam movie theatre listening parties for the new album Gigaton.

UPDATE: Nope. Not gonna happen. Coronavirus concerns.

“We are aware several markets have already postponed or cancelled their screenings of and we believe more will follow suit in the coming days. As this public health crisis continues to unfold, we have made the unfortunate decision to postpone ALL of the March 25 “Gigaton Theatrical Listening Experience” events until they can be safely rescheduled.

“We are working closely with all our exhibitors around the world to quickly re-schedule these events as soon as possible.

“The ticketing for this event was managed by local theatres and they will also be overseeing the ticket refund/transfer process. As each theatre will be following their own ticketing systems, we ask you to please consult your point of sale for further information regarding refunds and/or tranferring to the new day when scheduled.”

Here’s the original article. Disregard.

Gigaton, the new Pearl Jam album, will appear online and in stores on March 27. Two days earlier, there will be special one-night-only listening sessions for the album in movie theatres around the world.

Wait. A listening session in a cinema? Yes. From the press release:

“The experience includes a playback of the entire album in Dolby ATMOS. Since this 3D sound system is still new to the consumer market, you will have a unique opportunity to hear the album in a completely different way.

“’It’s truly a unique way to experience this album,” explains Gigaton producer Josh Evans. ‘I’m excited for fans to be able to immerse themselves in the sound and to hear the depth and layers of these songs and performances.’

“The Gigaton Listening Experience will be enhanced with a choice set of visuals curated and created by Evolve, the filmmaker and artist behind the music video for the first single ‘Dance of the Clairvoyants.’”

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    The band put some planning and effort into this release, its such a shame its turned out the way it has. Cant fault them at all for trying
    Still nothing from Arclight in Chicago, tickets still on sale. *shrug*
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited March 2020
    mattcoz said:

Email just sent out for cancellation/ refund instructions.
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    tschav said:
    mattcoz said:

Email just sent out for cancellation/ refund instructions.
    Just received an email as well