Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• shanmurph1shanmurph1 Posts: 50
    edited March 2020

https://youreadygrandma.com/2020/03/11/unaware-of-coronavirus-nickelback-continues-tour-of-playing-to-empty-stadiums/

This made me laugh today....when there is very little to laugh about. Sorry to any Nickelback fans on here. 🤣. Click on link for full story. 

Post edited by shanmurph1 on
  • https://youreadygrandma.com/2020/03/11/unaware-of-coronavirus-nickelback-continues-tour-of-playing-to-empty-stadiums/

This made me laugh today....when there is very little to laugh about. Sorry to any Nickelback fans on here. 🤣. Click on link for full story. 

Thank you for a great laugh!! You're right, we need to find the humor any healthy place we can! 
    Not saying anything about my thoughts on Nickelback, I will say, I went with my sister to their Jimmy Kimmel outdoor concert series taping a few years ago and it was a lot of fun! 
  • https://youreadygrandma.com/2020/03/11/unaware-of-coronavirus-nickelback-continues-tour-of-playing-to-empty-stadiums/

Thank you for a great laugh!! You're right, we need to find the humor any healthy place we can! 
    Not saying anything about my thoughts on Nickelback, I will say, I went with my sister to their Jimmy Kimmel outdoor concert series taping a few years ago and it was a lot of fun! 

https://youreadygrandma.com/2020/03/11/unaware-of-coronavirus-nickelback-continues-tour-of-playing-to-empty-stadiums/

Glad someone else got a chuckle. It is needed at the moment. I fly home to NY tomorrow from vacation.... and it is a shit show there.  Glad you had fun at Kimmel. Music is subjective....that’s the beauty of it. 
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105

That was hilarious. Thank you for making my day. That line about a Nickelback concert being one of the safest places you could be right now was great. 
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414

Love it. Shared with friends. While the article was great, the comments section was GOLD. 
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    By the way, Happy Friday everyone. @molecule, I miss your daily briefings!  Hope everyone is safe. If you see toilet paper, buy it. 
  • Kovsar86Kovsar86 Scranton, PA Posts: 756
    Happy Friday hope all is well!
    Off (s)He Goes
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    Trying to dial in to a conference call and got the “all circuits busy” message. 
  • tdawe said:
    LOL

That was hilarious. Thank you for making my day. That line about a Nickelback concert being one of the safest places you could be right now was great. 
    I died laughing when I read it
  • moleculemolecule Posts: 609
    Lostpawn said:
    By the way, Happy Friday everyone. @molecule, I miss your daily briefings!  Hope everyone is safe. If you see toilet paper, buy it. 
    Same to you! Apollo ticket chasing was a really fun experience. When it returns, the briefings will be back on!
    🤙
    tdawe said:
    LOL
    🤙
  • Happy Friday the 13th everyone! If anyone is having call-in contest withdrawals, the KROQ call-in contest for OHANA fest VIP weekend passes runs through Sunday. You can listen online or on the Radio.com app. There's also a drawing you can enter on their website.

https://kroq.radio.com/contest/listen-to-win-passes-to-ohana-festival
  • luvspearljamluvspearljam NY, NY Posts: 207
    What's the song of the day today? :bee:
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    Green disease. 
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    SHZA said:
    kane316 said:
    The rules clearly state that SiriusXM has the right to modify, extend, suspend or terminate the giveaway. It could go any which way. 
    That's just lawyer-speak to cover themselves. As long as the show happens I can't see how they'd justify not honoring the wins. 
    Not trying to be a negative Nancy here but the only thing that would give me pause for concern is the fact that the Apollo show was essentially a promotional type of gig to kickoff the release of Gigaton. By the time these shows get around to being rescheduled, the album will have been out for quite some time by then and seeing that they didn't sell any tickets to this show, it could easily be put on the back burner. 

If that ends up being the case, hopefully SiriusXM and the band would do something cool for the fans who won tickets as a token of appreciation. 
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    SHZA said:
    kane316 said:
    The rules clearly state that SiriusXM has the right to modify, extend, suspend or terminate the giveaway. It could go any which way. 
    That's just lawyer-speak to cover themselves. As long as the show happens I can't see how they'd justify not honoring the wins. 
    Not trying to be a negative Nancy here but the only thing that would give me pause for concern is the fact that the Apollo show was essentially a promotional type of gig to kickoff the release of Gigaton. By the time these shows get around to being rescheduled, the album will have been out for quite some time by then and seeing that they didn't sell any tickets to this show, it could easily be put on the back burner. 

If that ends up being the case, hopefully SiriusXM and the band would do something cool for the fans who won tickets as a token of appreciation. 
    If the show doesn’t happen it doesn’t happen. But everything I’ve heard indicates they plan to reschedule. Assuming that’s the case, I can’t see how the winners’ spots wouldn’t be honored. Seems like playing the Apollo is a big enough deal that they’d still want to do it even without the album release. When GnR played Apollo for SiriusXM a few years ago there wasn’t any major promotional angle. It was basically a warmup for the nth leg of the reunion tour 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    Welp, Disney World goes dark for 2 weeks starting tomorrow. Wish me luck! Miss this thread!!
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

Hope everyone is doing well!  Miss our Apollo fam!
    Off (s)He Goes
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,059
    Go Animal said:
    Welp, Disney World goes dark for 2 weeks starting tomorrow. Wish me luck! Miss this thread!!
    Good luck. Was thinking about you when I heard. Hang in there everyone! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
    Daily check in to see how everyone is doing!
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Mac57Mac57 Posts: 253
    Be safe everybody.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    hello all.  remember the days when we would just panic about phone calls not getting through to sirius XM.  ahhh.  good times. 
    I hope all of you are well and safe.  stay home if you can :)
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
    Remember wash your hands!

hopefully your grocery stores are well stocked. Had to go to a couple different ones today because the meat and bread were bare. Hubby requested chicken Parmesan of all things today. He’s lucky that I love him lol
    Off (s)He Goes
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    MR242791 said:
    hello all.  remember the days when we would just panic about phone calls not getting through to sirius XM.  ahhh.  good times. 
    I hope all of you are well and safe.  stay home if you can :)
    This.  I was worried about a busy signal back in those days.... lol
    Bonnaroo is now amongst the summer festivals postponed
    Off (s)He Goes
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    ONE WEEK TO GO
  • asutton327asutton327 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 115
    What's the song of the day today? :bee:
    Green disease. 
    And this is why I came back here :)
    Morning. Almost had a heart attack when I saw an email from Sirius that said "Congrats. You're getting this...". Subscriber offer. Lol.
    Hope everyone is doing well out there!
    🤙
  • asutton327asutton327 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 115
    molecule said:
    Morning. Almost had a heart attack when I saw an email from Sirius that said "Congrats. You're getting this...". Subscriber offer. Lol.
    Hope everyone is doing well out there!
    We all need some therapy now, I think