Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    amazon buy. arrives monday...

Can't find it.  Can you send me the link please?
    seriously?

ok. theres other sellers about a buck cheaper. I went with the first one..

I’m a dope. Realized i was searching Birds of a Feather, not brothers.
    That’s what it say on the spine.
    Tremendous quality control.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    mrussel1 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

seriously?

record co is in canada. the records are pressed in Czech republic
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mrussel1 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

seriously?

track  A2 listed as Curved Diamond......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595

A little hardcore and post-hardcore. Great records front to back. 
    Had that damaged on tape. Never noticed the blood on his fist...I wonder if they faked that. Likely. Played that tape silly when I was a kid and never punched a mirror...yet
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

seriously?

Is it official or a boot?  I have some PJ boots from the 90s with some outrageous misspellings. 
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873

1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

seriously?

Is it official or a boot?  I have some PJ boots from the 90s with some outrageous misspellings. 
      Silver Arrow Records. Band label... 

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited March 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

seriously?

At least it’s not just blown up and all pixelated.....I guess...you’d think it would’ve gotten at least a glance since they went to the trouble.

Its actually a pretty nice set otherwise.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Loujoe said:

Had that damaged on tape. Never noticed the blood on his fist...I wonder if they faked that. Likely. Played that tape silly when I was a kid and never punched a mirror...yet
    I saw my step-father do it when I was 12. Then he went about cutting his face with the broken pieces. He was slightly wasted. 
    Mental health is a thing. He had some problems and I hold no hard feelings (especially since he passed away long ago). 

Hadn’t thought about that until your post.... and for the record Ive never punched a mirror either...  
    Woah...sorry about that^^^tough to digest for a kid^^^take care and glad your uncle is at peace. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Loujoe said:

I saw my step-father do it when I was 12. Then he went about cutting his face with the broken pieces. He was slightly wasted. 
    Mental health is a thing. He had some problems and I hold no hard feelings (especially since he passed away long ago). 

Hadn’t thought about that until your post.... and for the record Ive never punched a mirror either...  
    Knowing Rollins, he most likely did this.
    Loujoe said:

The blood was fake. Edward Colver, the photographer, has talked about this in interviews. I also read an interview with the guys from Shattered Faith who were hanging out at some punk rock house in L.A. when Rollins had just rolled into town. They said that they saw some strange guy running up and down the stairs and doing push-ups. He knocked the cigarettes out of their hands and told them it was bad for them. Good old straightedge.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    Loujoe said:

The blood was fake. Edward Colver, the photographer, has talked about this in interviews. I also read an interview with the guys from Shattered Faith who were hanging out at some punk rock house in L.A. when Rollins had just rolled into town. They said that they saw some strange guy running up and down the stairs and doing push-ups. He knocked the cigarettes out of their hands and told them it was bad for them. Good old straightedge.
    HA!  I wouldn't have put it past him considering he would just brawl w people sometimes at shows.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Loujoe said:

Cool story 😂
    I saw Rollins band at limelight nyc. He was feeding off this dude in the pit. I could see him stare at this dude and absorb his rage. He was just watching him like a wild animal...I thought for a second he was going to stop him from smashing everyone but...he just reflected it and used it to inspire his anger.

Good times......
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

Jimmy Smith, King of the B3!  Nice!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited March 2020
    Loujoe said:
    I saw Rollins band at limelight nyc. He was feeding off this dude in the pit. I could see him stare at this dude and absorb his rage. He was just watching him like a wild animal...I thought for a second he was going to stop him from smashing everyone but...he just reflected it and used it to inspire his anger.

Good times......

Great story, Loujoe!

I wish I'd seen Henry with Black Flag.  I've only seen him once, maybe a year ago or so, doing his slide show/ talking show.  It was excellent.  About one minute into the show, Henry picked up the stool next to him and hurled it HARD against the wall where these two ushers were standing there in the beautiful Crest Theater in Sacramento where we were, and he started yelling at these guys to shut up.  It was intense!  And then, right on beat, Henry went right back into his talk.  Some of the best two hours of my life.  Great show.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I have mixed feelings about Rollins. Love his work on Damaged. As a person, I don't know. My wife had a female friend she was really close with and she told a different side of Rollins that wasn't very pretty. People have a public face and sometimes seeing behind the curtain is disturbing. Anyway, Damaged is still a great album, though I do prefer the work that Keith and Dez did a little more. Never got around to seeing Black Flag back in the day, but saw OFF! and it was bonkers. Hope they put out a new album soon.
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    I have mixed feelings about Rollins. Love his work on Damaged. As a person, I don't know. My wife had a female friend she was really close with and she told a different side of Rollins that wasn't very pretty. People have a public face and sometimes seeing behind the curtain is disturbing. Anyway, Damaged is still a great album, though I do prefer the work that Keith and Dez did a little more. Never got around to seeing Black Flag back in the day, but saw OFF! and it was bonkers. Hope they put out a new album soon.
    Rollins isn't married for a reason.  He understands this, makes mention of it in his shows.
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648

Analogue Productions pressing. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:

the 2x12 45 RPM version??  That is gold!  

mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Yes. They have a limited stock right now at acoustic sounds. I love the 45rpm reissues they've done. Great soundstage and clarity.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Yes. They have a limited stock right now at acoustic sounds. I love the 45rpm reissues they've done. Great soundstage and clarity.
    Damn.. I already have the Music Matters Kevin Gray, and the MM Kevin Gray on SRX.  Why wouldn't I add this one?  Heading over there now..
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Damn.. I already have the Music Matters Kevin Gray, and the MM Kevin Gray on SRX.  Why wouldn't I add this one?  Heading over there now..
    I understand what you're saying. It's one of the best albums of all time and happens to also be one of the best sounding as well. I've been trying to track down a reasonably priced SRX for some time but have yet to see one. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:

Nice. I have an original mono pressing and a mono Music Matters pressing. The original mono, even in VG condition, blows the MM pressing away. I'd love to do a side by side with the MM mono SRX pressing. The SRX pressings are a bit pricey, but I did end up ordering Johnny Griffin's - A Blowing Session, since I currently only have it on CD. I was surprised it hasn't sold out yet. I remember back in the 90's I went to a garage sale and the guy was selling a stone mint first pressing for $200. Wish I had the money back then.
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

I understand what you're saying. It's one of the best albums of all time and happens to also be one of the best sounding as well. I've been trying to track down a reasonably priced SRX for some time but have yet to see one. 
    About a month ago they became available again.  I picked one up.  Pay attention to this thread, we were discussing it and other things that come available.  
    Also, since we're on the subject, Acoustic Sounds is taking orders for A Love Supreme 2x45 AP.  I just talked to them and they are waiting for the rights to be approved to go back to press.  They think it will happen.  So I just ordered it.  You order now, but don't pay until it ships.  At least at that point you are guaranteed a copy.  I have a 'normal' version and it's fine, but not AP level.  
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

About a month ago they became available again.  I picked one up.  Pay attention to this thread, we were discussing it and other things that come available.  
    Also, since we're on the subject, Acoustic Sounds is taking orders for A Love Supreme 2x45 AP.  I just talked to them and they are waiting for the rights to be approved to go back to press.  They think it will happen.  So I just ordered it.  You order now, but don't pay until it ships.  At least at that point you are guaranteed a copy.  I have a 'normal' version and it's fine, but not AP level.  
    Thanks for the heads up. I ordered A Love Supreme.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Is there a pronounced difference between the regular and the SRX?
    2022- Oakland Night 2