Rage Against The Machine

Comments

• Kiwi In OzKiwi In Oz Canberra Posts: 266
    Anyone have a spare Rage for Oakland 21 April?  I'm coming over from Oz for the 2 PJ shows.  Hoping to round out the trip with Cypress Hill & Rage!!
    1995 - Auckland, New Zealand
    1998 - Wellington + Auckland, New Zealand
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2006 - Melbourne, Australia x 3
    2009 - Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2011 - PJ20 & EV Brisbane 2, Canberra, Melbourne x 2, Adelaide 1, Perth 2
    2013 - San Diego, Los Angeles, Oakland, Portland, Vancouver, Seattle
    2014 - Auckland, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney & EV - Sydney x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
    2016 - Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Hampton, Fenway x 2
    2023 - Fort Worth x 2, Austin x 2
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Didnt get floor? Not to worry. Its RATM.

Back in 99 when GenX was leading the charge I was stuck in the upper deck in Detroit. Organization began between the opening band and Rage to rush the floor. At least 75% of the upper deck queued up on the main concourse in the concession areas. There were 2 main floor rushes. Looking back up at least 75% of the upper deck was now on the floor. It was just a swirling mass of chaos. It wasnt controlled like a metallica or pantera pit.  

The SWAT team was there in full body armor, batons, shields, the works. They were pushed back as 2 guys with batons and shields cant stop thousands charging down some stairs. If you wanted floor you were on the floor. Unless you were the poor sap who they managed to club. 

We will see if these millennials and generation z types are as angry as we were in the 90s or if they are as soft as the are portrayed. 

I'm an old head now, I'll enjoy my seat but I hope to see the kids carrying on the legacy. 
  • Didnt get floor? Not to worry. Its RATM.

Back in 99 when GenX was leading the charge I was stuck in the upper deck in Detroit. Organization began between the opening band and Rage to rush the floor. At least 75% of the upper deck queued up on the main concourse in the concession areas. There were 2 main floor rushes. Looking back up at least 75% of the upper deck was now on the floor. It was just a swirling mass of chaos. It wasnt controlled like a metallica or pantera pit.  

The SWAT team was there in full body armor, batons, shields, the works. They were pushed back as 2 guys with batons and shields cant stop thousands charging down some stairs. If you wanted floor you were on the floor. Unless you were the poor sap who they managed to club. 

We will see if these millennials and generation z types are as angry as we were in the 90s or if they are as soft as the are portrayed. 

I'm an old head now, I'll enjoy my seat but I hope to see the kids carrying on the legacy. 
    I was thinking of getting my area organized to fold up our chairs and make it another GA area?  We are on the floor.

Either that or jump the rail?  I'm hoping a few still want to do it, lol.
  • Didnt get floor? Not to worry. Its RATM.

I was on the floor for Rage at the Philly Spectrum in 1999. Two or three songs in (People of the Sun), I took an elbow to the side of the head that still to this day is the hardest hit I ever took in any circumstance. I was concussed for days. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Rage back in 1996 at rose land, nyc was one of the most insane shows I have ever been too.  I was up near the rail waiting for the show to start, all was quiet.   Zach comes out “hi we are Rage Against the Machine and we are from Los Angeles, California.” To starts up o. Guitar and chaos ensues.  Before long my lip was split open, nose bleeding and countless boots and elbows cracked against my head.  Awesome time 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    mcgruff10 said:
    Rage back in 1996 at rose land, nyc was one of the most insane shows I have ever been too.  I was up near the rail waiting for the show to start, all was quiet.   Zach comes out “hi we are Rage Against the Machine and we are from Los Angeles, California.” To starts up o. Guitar and chaos ensues.  Before long my lip was split open, nose bleeding and countless boots and elbows cracked against my head.  Awesome time 
    After the show started it sound like horrible time, but that’s cause I’m old. In 96, your right, I would have loved it. Rage is unreal. Powerful. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    Assuming these shows go off as planned, I got a feeling they will be nuts!  So much crazy bs to rage about today!
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Fuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkkk!!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Dang. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Damn.... I hope they hold it together long enough to reschedule the dates.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Well thats sucks. Wonder how long until we hear if Boston Calling is a go or not. That and Firefly land in between those dates.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    I'm thinking Boston Calling waits a while, they have a little bit of time as the festival is still over 2 months away. Probably won't be a decision on that till April some time I'd guess.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I'm glad I didn't pay for the $650 "charity" tickets then. Not that I would have anyway.
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    “Washing in the name of... On this occasion it's best you do what they tell ya,”

https://www.radio.com/music/alternative/rage-against-the-machine-wants-you-to-wash-your-hands
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

And Boston Calling finally pulls the plug.
    They'll reach out "in the coming weeks" about tickets...just refund my money now please.
    edited March 2020
    Poncier said:
    And Boston Calling finally pulls the plug.
    They'll reach out "in the coming weeks" about tickets...just refund my money now please.
    Saw that too. Our dollar in Canada sucks so bad right now I bet when I get a refund I make a buck or two. I will be looking for a summer show now if they still go on for sure. 
    Boston Calling finally enables folks to request a refund 3 weeks after pulling the plug.
    Then says refunds will be processed "in as little as 30 days" from April 28.
    So earliest we get our money back is May 28.
    Terrible business practice.
    Poncier said:
    Boston Calling finally enables folks to request a refund 3 weeks after pulling the plug.
    Then says refunds will be processed "in as little as 30 days" from April 28.
    So earliest we get our money back is May 28.
    Terrible business practice.
    Thanks for this as I may have missed it since I did not get an email today on this and it did not pop up on my Facebook feed as well. Did you get an email?

I agree what a shitty way to roll it out after waiting so long and only allowing 7 days for you to decide with no headliners to go off of. 
    Poncier said:
    I completed all that thanks. Still annoying no email was sent out to me. Wonder if its cause I would be an international buyer. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Wonder what there going to do with the philly/Camden show? That show still hasn't even gone on sale yet. It's scheduled for Sept. but tix haven't gone on sale yet (suppose to go on sale in mid May)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I can't wait for them to offer refunds for the MSG show.  Bitter about that since I paid the stupid escalating price for half ass tickets when there was only one show.  Then they flooded the market with all something like four additional shows and now I could get much better seat on StubHub for half of the price of what I got hosed for buying it from TM right away when they put on sale for the first show.
    F them and their system
    Rage became the machine - still love that first album and always will.
    Give me my money back!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    This is just plain awesome.

https://youtu.be/OVboY26AexU
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    St Louis rescheduled for 7/9/21
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    edited May 2020
    will be getting refund.shoot for a better date next year I guess somewhere else. The Pitt show went from a Friday to a Thursday.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    and done. Still a Friday show but going to Cleveland instead..... Tix were cheaper to boot.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wish they would change the dates for MSG so I could dump the tickets they raped me on.
    Huh.  Ticketmaster hasn't updated yet.  Still pissed that I paid their ridiculous hype fees and now they have much better tickets at half the price due to adding 72 shows at MSG, lol.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Minneapolis rescheduled for July 2, 2021.  I’m going to forget that I even have a ticket for this by then.

I’m now sitting on almost $1,000 in concert tickets for shows that may, or may not even happen. I get why they are not cancelling things, but it’s getting a bit ridiculous at this point.