Pearl Jam's Gigaton in Dolby Atmos - A Truly Unique Listening Experience .. Postponed

Comments

• BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    tino_11 said:
    Only 15 cinemas showing this in the UK. Luckily one of them is walking distance from my house  =)

Any idea what ticket prices will be like for this?
    Is there a list of UK venues I cant find it ?
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    euchrid said:

It'll rise back up, eventually.

• euchrid said:
    Waiting till the 10th to announce I'll bet.
  • SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 683
    @ Demetrios
    Do you know if it’s actually possible to buy tickets for this yet in Canada? I was trying to get tickets for the Calgary screening yesterday but I couldn’t see anything for it on the cineplex site. Thanks for keeping us all in the loop! 
  • Ince.esInce.es BCN - Spain Posts: 306
    SM187650 said:
    @ Demetrios
    Do you know if it’s actually possible to buy tickets for this yet in Canada? I was trying to get tickets for the Calgary screening yesterday but I couldn’t see anything for it on the cineplex site. Thanks for keeping us all in the loop! 
    Have you seen the official announcement anywhere? Just wait for and you'll have all the info about tickets.
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
  • SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 683
    Ince.es said:
    SM187650 said:
    @ Demetrios
    Have you seen the official announcement anywhere? Just wait for and you'll have all the info about tickets.
    The screenshots I've seen show an option to "buy tickets".  I think my question was warranted. 
  • axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 222
    For Belgium (Kinépolis cinema), the link with the infos is not working anymore today (yesterday, it still worked). Maybe the announcement is for today..... I hope that they have not removed it in Belgium ...

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

edited March 2020
    For Belgium (Kinépolis cinema), the link with the infos is not working anymore today (yesterday, it still worked). Maybe the announcement is for today..... I hope that they have not removed it in Belgium ...

They leaked too soon. Guessing they will bring back the info & ticket purchasing on March 10th.
  • axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 222
    demetrios said:

They leaked too soon. Guessing they will bring back the info & ticket purchasing on March 10th.
    Ok, thank you! I hope..

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited March 2020
  • RK29857RK29857 Posts: 2
    I just bought 2 tix for Aventura 24 in Miami.  Web site was timing out at purchase on my computer but it worked through my phone.  Seats were empty 15 minutes ago.  1 showtime only.  This is so much fun to be pearljamming !
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    edited March 2020
    RK29857 said:
    I just bought 2 tix for Aventura 24 in Miami.  Web site was timing out at purchase on my computer but it worked through my phone.  Seats were empty 15 minutes ago.  1 showtime only.  This is so much fun to be pearljamming !
    Looking to get tickets for this theater myself. Did you purchase from the theater directly? The link above does not have the Aventura theater listed. I think I may have found the listing, but it just states Atmos it does not list it as Gigaton. I searched under Gigaton and it pulled it up but still under just Atmos. Showing a 19:30 showtime. 
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • RK29857RK29857 Posts: 2
    Ray J. T. said:
    RK29857 said:
    Looking to get tickets for this theater myself. Did you purchase from the theater directly? The link above does not have the Aventura theater listed. I think I may have found the listing, but it just states Atmos it does not list it as Gigaton. I searched under Gigaton and it pulled it up but still under just Atmos. Showing a 19:30 showtime. 
    Yes, it just says "ATMOS" but in the link it reads Gigaton Pearl Jam I think.
    edited March 2020
    RK29857 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    RK29857 said:
    I just purchased my tickets. Going to call the theater to confirm that I did in fact purchase for Gigaton. There were only 2 seats purchased so far, I take it they were your seats. 
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Has anyone purchased tkts for NYC yet? I can’t find... please send link if you have. Thx!
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Ray J. T. said:
    RK29857 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    RK29857 said:
    I just purchased my tickets. Going to call the theater to confirm that I did in fact purchase for Gigaton. There were only 2 seats purchased so far, I take it they were your seats. 
    Damn. Sunset Place is MUCH closer to me. I may have to make the drive to Aventura though, to hang out with my fellow Miami 10 Clubbers!
    Lostpawn said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    RK29857 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    RK29857 said:
    Damn. Sunset Place is MUCH closer to me. I may have to make the drive to Aventura though, to hang out with my fellow Miami 10 Clubbers!
     I thought about Sunset Place as well, But Aventura is probably a tad bit closer for me and the traffic might be a little bit better on that Wednesday evening in Aventura. And it most certainly helped to see another fellow member having already made a purchase to the Aventura theater. Just think about the traffic possibly being a little better at that time compared to what South Miami usually looks like, especially on US1.
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    tschav said:
    Doesn't look live to me.
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Ray J. T. said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    RK29857 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    RK29857 said:
     I thought about Sunset Place as well, But Aventura is probably a tad bit closer for me and the traffic might be a little bit better on that Wednesday evening in Aventura. And it most certainly helped to see another fellow member having already made a purchase to the Aventura theater. Just think about the traffic possibly being a little better at that time compared to what South Miami usually looks like, especially on US1.
    I’m in Palmetto Bay. You’re right, US1 traffic in South Miami is horrible most of the time, and absolutely miserable during rush. But again, I’m in Palmetto Bay. There is no circumstance that would make Aventura more convenient for me  :s
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
    I think every AMC theater will have this.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • The link was hot for my local AMC and then went dead. 730 pm tickets were $12.50 by me. It let me pick seats and go to checkout, then went dead. Never said Gigaton, just ATMOS. Stay tuned!
    Lostpawn said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    RK29857 said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    RK29857 said:
    I’m in Palmetto Bay. You’re right, US1 traffic in South Miami is horrible most of the time, and absolutely miserable during rush. But again, I’m in Palmetto Bay. There is no circumstance that would make Aventura more convenient for me  :s
    If you are in Palmetto Bay you are absolutely right about Aventura being a bit of an inconvenience, but as of right now you do have a couple of fellow 10c members in the house there so far! 😉 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    The link was hot for my local AMC and then went dead. 730 pm tickets were $12.50 by me. It let me pick seats and go to checkout, then went dead. Never said Gigaton, just ATMOS. Stay tuned!
    Same here (got an email update this morning). Now that they refreshed the movie page to the proper title they're probably just ramping up.
    tschav said:
    The link was hot for my local AMC and then went dead. 730 pm tickets were $12.50 by me. It let me pick seats and go to checkout, then went dead. Never said Gigaton, just ATMOS. Stay tuned!
    Same here (got an email update this morning). Now that they refreshed the movie page to the proper title they're probably just ramping up.
    I purchased this morning, I currently have a confirmation, order number, and seat assignments that I selected for 3/25 at 19:30 under “Atmos” but now it looks like you can’t make a purchase at the moment. 

Pearl Jam's Gigaton in Dolby Atmos - A Truly Unique Listening Experience

"Pearl Jam will launch the Gigaton Listening Experience for one night only in select Dolby Atmos theaters around the world on March 25, 2020. This is an opportunity for fans to gather and enjoy the group’s anxiously awaited new album, Gigaton with an amazing cinematic experience which will also be enhanced with visuals as Pearl Jam project their vision like never before with an experiential event befitting of Gigaton’s scope, size, and spirit. The Gigaton Listening Experience includes a playback of the entire album in Dolby Atmos. Since this 3D sound system is still new to the consumer market, Pearl Jam fans will have a unique opportunity to hear the album in a completely different way."
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Event Cinemas in Aus has it listed for March 19th...???
    No details yet but at least it looks like we'll be getting it in some cities over here  =)=)
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    redraw said:
    Event Cinemas in Aus has it listed for March 19th...???
    No details yet but at least it looks like we'll be getting it in some cities over here  =)=)
    Nice!!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14