Pearl Jam's Gigaton in Dolby Atmos - A Truly Unique Listening Experience .. Postponed

Comments

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    I saw PJ20 in a theater when it came out, and it was a pretty cool experience.  It was better than me sitting at home by myself watching it, as there were like-minded people there.  Some social stuff before and after, talking about shows, etc. 

As long as people were quiet for the music parts, I would be good with this. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • LYackyLYacky 🇨🇦 Posts: 72
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I saw PJ20 in a theater when it came out, and it was a pretty cool experience.  It was better than me sitting at home by myself watching it, as there were like-minded people there.  Some social stuff before and after, talking about shows, etc. 

As long as people were quiet for the music parts, I would be good with this. 
    PJ20 was an actual documentary. Sitting in a theatre listening to an album is a lot different. IMO anyways. To each his/her own tho of course. 
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    edited February 2020
    Sure hope this comes to the AMC theater by me, it has a great Dolby Cinema theater. I'm sure it'll be excluded from A-List, but I've earned a bunch of rewards that I could use.
    Well, looks like this is really happening. :)

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,330
    mattcoz said:
    Well, looks like this is really happening. :)

Sweet! B)
    Nothing yet posted in Canada theatres over @ https://www.cineplex.com/search-2015?search-query=pearl+jam

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Interesting if Australia gets a run!? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Interesting if Australia gets a run!? 
    I certainly hope so!
    edited February 2020
    I certainly hope so!

Hopefully available over at https://tickets.villagecinemas.com.au/dolby-atmos theatres. 
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • CridderCridder Posts: 165
    I'd go....
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited February 2020
    Would be a cool way to experience these tunes for the first time. 

The original plans have been to take the day off, hit Target super early, and drive around with my wife blasting it for an hour.  Either way sounds good to me. 
  • Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 542
    Hour and 20 minutes!!, maybe like single video theory 
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,216

Will it also be released in european cinemas? Maybe you can buy it as Blu ray in Dolby Atmos sometime?
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
    Cridder said:
    I'd go....
    Same here though on the 25th we are driving home from Hamilton. Won't be home till after 10pm. Maybe they will play it again in theatres on a later date. 
  • igotid88 said:
    Color me intrigued. Any more info on which theaters?
    At least for NYC I would guess AMC because they built a new Dolby theater recently.
    I checked all the NYC locations and there are no showtimes for any of them.  Has anyone found a location that actually has showtimes listed?
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
    igotid88 said:
    At least for NYC I would guess AMC because they built a new Dolby theater recently.
    I checked all the NYC locations and there are no showtimes for any of them.  Has anyone found a location that actually has showtimes listed?

Nothing yet but if AMC posted it over @ https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/pearl-jam-s-gigaton-in-dolby-atmos-a-truly-unique-listening-experience-64114 , stay tuned for locations & showtimes.

• I set a reminder in my AMC app so maybe they will release times closer to the date.
  • Can confirm that this is happening. Have some privileged info on this release... it's gonna be a good one.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    So is it a 1 day thing? 
    I miss igotid88
  • axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 222
    For belgian people, it will be at KINEPOLIS cinéma.  When you do a search on their website, you will see that it is planned but they do not give details yet.
    It's happenning!!! I'm going for sure!

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    demetrios said:
    I certainly hope so!

Hopefully available over at https://tickets.villagecinemas.com.au/dolby-atmos theatres. 
    Well well well...👍
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    demetrios said:
    igotid88 said:

Nothing yet but if AMC posted it over @ https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/pearl-jam-s-gigaton-in-dolby-atmos-a-truly-unique-listening-experience-64114 , stay tuned for locations & showtimes.

When checking showtimes for this, a couple of my local theaters say "Sorry, no showtimes found." Others say, "Sorry, no showtimes have been announced yet for this theatre. Showtimes for Friday and beyond are usually posted by Wednesday afternoon." Oooh, something new to F5 repeatedly!
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."

After 7 years of absence, Pearl Jam the cult rock group; returns with a new Gigaton album, fully mixed in Dolby Atmos. On this occasion, a world preview will be organized in a few Dolby Atmos cinemas including some Kinepolis cinemas.

Fans will be able to discover the new Pearl Jam album in the best possible listening conditions. The event will be accompanied by images of the universe of the group projected on the big screen! It will be the first event of its kind.

edited February 2020

Post edited by demetrios on
    I set a reminder in my AMC app so maybe they will release times closer to the date.
    Yeah, I set a reminder too, not that it actually does anything. I've never once received anything for any movie I've set a reminder for. I've been checking every day and I guess I'll keep checking.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    I took off whole release week. I need to save.
    I miss igotid88
  • TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,216
    demetrios said:

After 7 years of absence, Pearl Jam the cult rock group; returns with a new Gigaton album, fully mixed in Dolby Atmos. On this occasion, a world preview will be organized in a few Dolby Atmos cinemas including some Kinepolis cinemas.

Fans will be able to discover the new Pearl Jam album in the best possible listening conditions. The event will be accompanied by images of the universe of the group projected on the big screen! It will be the first event of its kind.

Thank you :) 
     Luxembourg is not that far from me. I marked the 25th. Only the time is missing ...

Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    igotid88 said:
    I took off whole release week. I need to save.
    Why?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.