PJ on the Joe Rogan Experience

13»

Comments

• The whole Alex Jones association would make the band's skin crawl.  The Hartford '13 show was filled with touching Newtown tributes
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,184
    I'd rank my Joe Rogan interview order this way:

Stone - I enjoy hearing interesting people speak even if I don't always line up with them. They could do this without even mentioning PJ.
    Jeff - Seems easy going. Art, skating, basketball and what it is like to grow up & live in Big Sky Country.
    Mike - Always felt very genuine but quiet. It would be cool to hear him open up about life outside of PJ & dealing with Crohn's.
    Matt - Musical connections, what it's like to have been a part of so many amazing projects. What is Matt into outside of music?
    Ed - Seems like a difficult interview and hardly ever comes across as interested in the process. Probably just an uncomfortable situation for him more than anything. Plus he's had a microphone in front of him for almost 30 years, we know how he feels.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Vedd Hedd said:

Joe Rogan isn't racist. He's a comedian that makes jokes, possibly jokes that aren't your cup of tea. Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle both have jokes mocking white people. I laugh, it's hilarious. I laugh because I know it's not meant to be racist, I know it's a joke, and I can find humor in it.

If Rogan was really racist, why would he allow on so many people of other races and why would those people of other races agree to on a podcast ran by someone racist?

"I have lots of black friends!"
    he does. but that means nothing. watch how he interacts with people of all backgrounds. listen to his views, what he says. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,365
    Vedd Hedd said:

Joe Rogan isn't racist. He's a comedian that makes jokes, possibly jokes that aren't your cup of tea. Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle both have jokes mocking white people. I laugh, it's hilarious. I laugh because I know it's not meant to be racist, I know it's a joke, and I can find humor in it.

If Rogan was really racist, why would he allow on so many people of other races and why would those people of other races agree to on a podcast ran by someone racist?

he does. but that means nothing. watch how he interacts with people of all backgrounds. listen to his views, what he says. 
    The one thing I DID hear him say, when walking into a theater full of black people was "We walked IN to planet of the apes! Its Africa!"

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

The one thing I DID hear him say, when walking into a theater full of black people was "We walked IN to planet of the apes! Its Africa!"

Comedians say the darnedest things in 2011
  • AKRounder85AKRounder85 Phila Posts: 250
    I dont see the guys in a long winded conversational platform. Stone would probably be the best representative. Ed is awkward in most interviews. I just dont see this happening. 
    2000- 9/1 Camden
    2003- 4/28 Philly, 7/5 Camden
    2005- 10/3 Philly
    2006- 5/27 Camden, 5/28 Camden, 6/3 East Rutherford
    2008- 6/19 Camden, 6/20 Camden
    2009- 10/29 Philly, 10/28 Philly, 10/30 Philly, 10/31 Philly
    2012- 9/2 Made In America
    2013- 10/21 Philly, 10/22 Philly
    2016- 4/28 Philly, 4/29 Philly
    Wishlist: Thumbing My Way, Black Red Yellow, Sleight of Hand
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

yeah, I honestly can't defend that. it seems like an odd comment for him to make, based on what i know of him. I mean, this isn't a michael richards moment. I can only imagine he meant something else, but I'm not going to sit and here and spew conjecture when I just don't know. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD