Pearl Jam at United Center 9/2020

Comments

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Dimi did it better. This was anticlimactic without any fun guessing. 
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    Based on the speed with which the previous shows sold out I wouldn’t mind a 25th anniversary Soldier Show in September! At least the field would be put to good use 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    on2legs said:
    Is it really necessary to take backhanded shots at Dimi? He's given hope to a lot of people around here when things were quiet and probably saved a lot of people some money too. 
    I just don’t get why the information has to be teased out.  He spends weeks dropping hints until people have guessed the entire schedule. Why not just post the info?  The end result is the same.  

Probably because some shows aren't finalized and schedules change by the time the announcement is made.   Was that way with Prague/Germany (German got a second show) and the order changing with Amsterdam last for Europe. 

I think there is a difference between leaking everything one month before an announcement and versus a week before. 

Do you honestly think the Mods would be okay with him posting the entire schedule?  Maybe his contact is limiting what he can post.  Who knows.  Either way we know more than we would without him.

I don’t know what the mods would be ok with as far as posting tour info but I don’t recall any of these leak posts being shut down. Including this current one.  I’m just confused why it has to be dripped out.  

And I know that plans could change but obviously until it’s announced by the band, nothing is official and people shouldn’t be making non refundable purchases based on anyone’s posts.  That’s pretty much common sense. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    wbutler29 said:
    SHZA said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is the united center in downtown Chicago or in the suburbs?
    west of downtown....just west enough to be a pain in the ass

and how in the fuck are there no hotels built around that place?  It's unreal
    I know I can google this but I ll ask anyway: do the bulls and blackhawks play here?  Thanks for the info. 

Both.

Only other arena they could play is the All State Arena near O'Hare but they only played there one time in 2000.

Cool.  See that would be a sweet arena to visit knowing both teams play there.  
    They have all the Jordan-era Bulls NBA title trophies in the concourse too. Pretty cool

Would recommend staying downtown to enjoy the city . . .  Not sure the train gets you there, but plenty of uber and cabs to go around.  worth the trip. Chicago in September can be awesome weather wise.  Depending which week, all kinds of crazy trips you could tie in if your game.  Notre Dame or Wisconsin fooball, Cubs or Sox game, etc
    The train from downtown gets you within a 5 mins walk of UC.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    wbutler29 said:
    SHZA said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I know I can google this but I ll ask anyway: do the bulls and blackhawks play here?  Thanks for the info. 

Both.

Only other arena they could play is the All State Arena near O'Hare but they only played there one time in 2000.

They have all the Jordan-era Bulls NBA title trophies in the concourse too. Pretty cool

Would recommend staying downtown to enjoy the city . . .  Not sure the train gets you there, but plenty of uber and cabs to go around.  worth the trip. Chicago in September can be awesome weather wise.  Depending which week, all kinds of crazy trips you could tie in if your game.  Notre Dame or Wisconsin fooball, Cubs or Sox game, etc
    Blue line gets you within a 5 minute walk or you could take the bus which drops off right out front. Lots of great restaurants in the west loop to hit before the show. Both Sox and Cubs could be in contention this year, so those could be some good games, and both easily accessible from the red line. Sox are only in town the weekend of the 19th though. For college football, Illinois is closer than Wisconsin but still pretty far. Northwestern is an easy red+purple line trip up to Evanston, aka Ed's home town.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Well we know that the Ohana weekend is booked so either this is going to be a short tour or its going to start in August. That or Ohana is going to split it up. Interesting to see how this plays out. 
  • pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    This is incredibly exciting if it's true. Die-hard Cubs and Wrigley field fan, but  a UC show would be a great change of pace. Plus, it would eliminate concerns over bad weather and potentially less of a bucket list show for fans out of state/country hopefully giving us resident Chicago fans a better chance.  Maybe.  Very very excited! 
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,059
    My “cousin” told me the same thing yesterday  for Somewhere else over on east coast. No dates given yet.  Just that they were In talks for leg two in fall. “Cousin” hinted at October.  Will post more once I have more. 

can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
    The best part of this news is that it’s for TWO shows.  Hopefully that holds true for some of the other major cities on the tour. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    The Wrigley shows were fun, but a show or two at the United Center would be great.  Living about 90 minutes away from downtown Chicago and not having to deal with weather during a show would be fun.

It would be fun to have a show that is close to where I live.  Only events at the United Center in September would be Blackhawks pre-season exhibition games towards the end of September.  Make this happen.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    This is great news until it’s tough to get tickets. Then we’ll want a Wrigley show or 2, where it’s easy to get in the building
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Both.

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    ^^^^ another reminder how badass it will be when Kobe gets a statue at Staples
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    ^^^^ another reminder how badass it will be when Kobe gets a statue at Staples

That Jordan statue is actually inside now, they built an atrium on that side. The Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita statues are still outside.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    on2legs said:
    Is it really necessary to take backhanded shots at Dimi? He's given hope to a lot of people around here when things were quiet and probably saved a lot of people some money too. 
    I just don’t get why the information has to be teased out.  He spends weeks dropping hints until people have guessed the entire schedule. Why not just post the info?  The end result is the same.  

We went over this ad nauseum in the other 2 threads. Dates can't just be blurted out, the announcement of the tour & dates has to come from the band. If any employee allowed the itinerary to get out publicly beforehand, they risk losing their job. The hints etc. are OK cause nobody actually declares any dates and steals the thunder. If Did on hear and said "my source says United Center Sept 32nd and 69th, then Boston October 411th, Seattle November 44th and Philly Dec 25." Dimi then loses his source forever. Plus as Dimi is careful to always say, things are subject to change until officially announced.

Don't get people having a problem with him and what he does. He doesn't do it for attention as some like to claim, he does it to help everyone and get everyone excited, just as he gets excited once tour info/rumors start to swirl.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • I don’t know how this thread became a discussion about Dimi but I will add my voice to the pro Dimi camp.  I’m also pro cousin.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    edited February 2020
    Poncier said:
    on2legs said:

We went over this ad nauseum in the other 2 threads. Dates can't just be blurted out, the announcement of the tour & dates has to come from the band. If any employee allowed the itinerary to get out publicly beforehand, they risk losing their job. The hints etc. are OK cause nobody actually declares any dates and steals the thunder. If Did on hear and said "my source says United Center Sept 32nd and 69th, then Boston October 411th, Seattle November 44th and Philly Dec 25." Dimi then loses his source forever. Plus as Dimi is careful to always say, things are subject to change until officially announced.

Don't get people having a problem with him and what he does. He doesn't do it for attention as some like to claim, he does it to help everyone and get everyone excited, just as he gets excited once tour info/rumors start to swirl.

Eh... you’re assigning your annoyance with other people to my simple statement that I don’t get why the information has to be dripped out.  I never said anything personally about the guy.  

But he actually does exactly what you say he doesn’t do:  he slowly drips out hints until all the dates and locations are established before the band announces it. 
    Post edited by on2legs on

• vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,434
    This is great news! My hometown and no Wrigley or Lolla, PERFECTION as good as a MM mind melting solo!!
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Think it would be weird for Ohana to split up leg of PJ dates. So guessing PJ is either playing Ohana or second leg doesn’t start until October.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Ooooohhhhhh shit!

@dimitrispearljam - ???
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    on2legs said:
    Poncier said:
    on2legs said:

Eh... you’re assigning your annoyance with other people to my simple statement that I don’t get why the information has to be dripped out.  I never said anything personally about the guy.  

But he actually does exactly what you say he doesn’t do:  he slowly drips out hints until all the dates and locations are established before the band announces it. 

I didn't say you said anything personally about him, said "some". I was referring to the folks who responded to your query saying he likes to seek attention or act like he's part of the band and others who post similar things whenever he drops hints.

And no he doesn't do what I say he doesn't...that's the point. Yes the itinerary largely gets figured out over time, but he never posts it...so nobody gets in trouble. Its a bit of semantics for sure but that's how it has to be done.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    on2legs said:

Probably because some shows aren't finalized and schedules change by the time the announcement is made.   Was that way with Prague/Germany (German got a second show) and the order changing with Amsterdam last for Europe. 

I think there is a difference between leaking everything one month before an announcement and versus a week before. 

Do you honestly think the Mods would be okay with him posting the entire schedule?  Maybe his contact is limiting what he can post.  Who knows.  Either way we know more than we would without him.

I meet Ed for the 1st time in Mesa 2011 the day they announced his solo tour. I said I’ll see you in a few months at the show and he said “did they announce that already?” He had no clue. Then he got hurt playing and the tour was postponed but that’s another story. Point is, does the the band even know/care when info is released? I know my work schedule, this is work for them. 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Gutted. September is after August.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    This is fantastic. September - that magical month when the Brewers, Packers, and Badgers are all in regular season at the same time. See you all there!
    Poncier said:
    on2legs said:
    Poncier said:
    on2legs said:

I didn't say you said anything personally about him, said "some". I was referring to the folks who responded to your query saying he likes to seek attention or act like he's part of the band and others who post similar things whenever he drops hints.

And no he doesn't do what I say he doesn't...that's the point. Yes the itinerary largely gets figured out over time, but he never posts it...so nobody gets in trouble. Its a bit of semantics for sure but that's how it has to be done.

I hear you.  It is what it is.  I’m not demanding an answer.  Just pondering the question. Dimi will do what he thinks is the best way to do it.  

• hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    MR242791 said:
    JojoRice said:
    MR242791 said:
    oh no i'm traveling in september :o
    Same here!!  Week long Disney trip planned  :s
    oh snap me too.  PJ and disney my two favorite things.
    Maybe they will play Orlando for you guys...
    Please no. All the venues there suck, the traffic is terrible, especially around downtown and promoters treat Tampa and Orlando as the same market so we lose out on good events here because of that. Folks can still drive to Disney from Tampa, it's less than 90 minutes 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    on2legs said:

It seems their management wants the loyalest fans to have the touring itineraries before it is public, for respect of all the money and time spent to travel to fill up arenas and festivals over far reaches of the globe. The information turns out to be precise and it could easily be stopped if that is what they wanted. When they decide to tour, information starts to flow, and as contracts finalize more details emerge. Seems to make sense as they know fans spend huge amounts of money to travel.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    on2legs said:

It seems their management wants the loyalest fans to have the touring itineraries before it is public, for respect of all the money and time spent to travel to fill up arenas and festivals over far reaches of the globe. The information turns out to be precise and it could easily be stopped if that is what they wanted. When they decide to tour, information starts to flow, and as contracts finalize more details emerge. Seems to make sense as they know fans spend huge amounts of money to travel.
    Agree.  They clearly don't shut down the rumor threads. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Based on the speed with which the previous shows sold out I wouldn’t mind a 25th anniversary Soldier Show in September! At least the field would be put to good use 
    I see what you did here, and it was funny.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    tino_11 said:
    wbutler29 said:
    SHZA said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Both.

The train from downtown gets you within a 5 mins walk of UC.
    Haven’t been in that area of Chicago for a few years. Is that 5 minute walk still as bad as I remember? ;)
    hippiemom = goodness