Ticket Trades?

Is anyone familiar with the process of trading or swapping tickets?  Is it as simple as transferring your tickets to another email or mobile via the ticketmaster app?  I'm possibly looking to trade my GA tickets for seats, but am a little skeptical how the transaction works both safely and securely?  Any insight would be appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Jared said:
    Is anyone familiar with the process of trading or swapping tickets?  Is it as simple as transferring your tickets to another email or mobile via the ticketmaster app?  I'm possibly looking to trade my GA tickets for seats, but am a little skeptical how the transaction works both safely and securely?  Any insight would be appreciated.
    They are non transferable. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    Jared said:
    I take it from the tag that you're talking about MSG tickets. If that's the case, then they are fully transferable. If you find someone here to swap with, you can each just transfer your tickets to the other one in the TM app. Of course someone probably has to go first, so there's a lack of security in that sense, but if the person screws you over you can report them to the club. 
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Horse2345 said:
    Jared said:
    They are non transferable. 
    The OP tagged their post with "MSG Tickets," so I am guessing they have tickets for that show which is one of the two shows where tickets must be transferable by state law (NY and CO). While the rest of the North American tour outside of those two shows is non-transferable, I am not sure how NY/CO transferability is set up so maybe someone with tickets for those shows can chime in. My advice would be do to the transfer face-to-face in person if you're both attending the show. 
  • madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    edited February 2020
    If tickets have been sent to you, we recommend you should know and trust the person transferring the tickets to you. If the tickets were obtained fraudulently by the person transferring them, they may be canceled at any time.”

https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/article/How-are-tickets-delivered?language=en_US

I think there is recourse if they don’t keep their part of the deal. You can also transfer one at a time, that way you can show up next to them at the event 😇

Post edited by madhat181 on