2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    gatorjam said:
    Just got my flight from Florida!  $136
    On what airline? I have Southwest from Tampa and my R/T was $278.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Looking for some local knowledge on the best area to get a hotel for the Denver show. Would like to be walking distance or short uber ride from the arena but also close to some bars and restaurants?
    You want to be in the Larimer Square and/or convention center area.
    Or google..."hotels near Pepsi Center Denver"
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    kcuf me said:
    How do the locals feel about The Curtis or Homewood Suites?  Pretty similar locations. Curtis maybe a little more north?
    I stayed at the Curtis on their last show here in 2014. Very cool! Voted one of the top 10 art hotels in America. I got the “Chick Flick?!” floor and it had posters of famous women characters from the movies and tv...Charlie’s Angels, Thelma and Louise, Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Marilyn, etc. in the halls and really cool rooms. Staying there again this time around. But they do have everything imaginable for all the different floors: Star Trek, Jimmy Buffet, etc. Mike was staying there (I heard later) but unfortunately I never saw him!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    We are staying at the Le Meridian. Anyone stay there before?  Thoughts?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I'm there.  Staying at the Hilton City Center.
  • mdbhound25mdbhound25 Indianapolis Posts: 47
    Same. Hilton City Center.  Where’s the pre party?
  • Same. Hilton City Center.  Where’s the pre party?
    Don’t think it’s been decided yet? I’m at the Spring Hill suites. Literally fall out of bed into the arena
  • Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center for me and the wife.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Hilton Garden Inn Downtown. 3 nights (8th-11th) for $510.
  • Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    We're staying at the Courtyard Downtown.  Looks close enough to walk to the Pepsi Center on the map
  • scornlanderscornlander Colorado Posts: 98
    We're staying at the Courtyard Downtown.  Looks close enough to walk to the Pepsi Center on the map
    You can definitely walk from there.
  • To the locals on the thread, any good sushi restaurants in the area? Not a sushi snob... sister has a weird pre-pj show ritual of a sushi lunch. Thanks in advance.
    wbutler29 said:
    To the locals on the thread, any good sushi restaurants in the area? Not a sushi snob... sister has a weird pre-pj show ritual of a sushi lunch. Thanks in advance.
    Sushi Den near Washington Park
    Matsuhisa Denver (Nobu) Cherry Creek
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    My intel is saying Sushi Sasa, near Pepsi Center
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Thanks for the recommendation guys
  • Section BBB Row 1 / TC# 294***
    I'm staying in the LoDo area at the Maven Hotel.  This will be my first time in Colorado.  Any tips on how to get adjusted to the altitude?
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
    edited February 2020
    Section BBB Row 1 / TC# 294***
    I'm staying in the LoDo area at the Maven Hotel.  This will be my first time in Colorado.  Any tips on how to get adjusted to the altitude?
    If you stay in Denver you shouldn’t have much trouble with altitude. Going into the mountains tends to get folks in trouble though. If you plan to go up into altitude (e.g. > 7500’), you can mitigate in a couple of ways: 

1) Altitude sickness pills, easily prescribed. 

2) Hang out in Denver for at least 24 hours before venturing up. 

I recommend doing both. Get your Dr. to prescribe some Acetazolamide, as a safety net. But still try to spend as much time in the city as you can before going into the elevation. 24 hours is a reasonable minimum in my experience. 

Edit:  If you go into elevation and find yourself getting sick, go back down. It’s amazing how fast it helps to just get back to 5280. 
    Post edited by Lostpawn on
  • bump with me if you have your tickets and don't have to worry ;)
    Bump
  • bcs215bcs215 Posts: 16
    I'll be CO-bound from UT by car that Wednesday night, anyone else joining from UT?! It's my first show and I have GA!! Unbelievably pumped, looking to meet some fellow PJ faithfuls en route!!   \mn/ SHAKA!
    Hydrate hydrate hydrate 
    Water not beer or coffee or soda. Water.

The Olympians will start taking daily aspirin about 2 weeks before going to Colorado to train.

Also acclimating is purely genetic so its easy for some but not for others.

Balance alcohol consumption with water consumption. 

If you're not used to the potent weed in Colorado then be sure to take it easy with that as well.

• Section BBB Row 1 / TC# 294***
    Drink a lot of water, don’t drink a lot of alcohol and bring wet wipes
  • prljmr316prljmr316 Denver, CO Posts: 162
    Hydrate hydrate hydrate 
    Water not beer or coffee or soda. Water.

The Olympians will start taking daily aspirin about 2 weeks before going to Colorado to train.

Also acclimating is purely genetic so its easy for some but not for others.

Balance alcohol consumption with water consumption. 

If you're not used to the potent weed in Colorado then be sure to take it easy with that as well.

Great point! WATER cannot be said enough, it's vital! Even if you like to drink alcohol, drink even more WATER, it's even more vital while drinking booze to balance it out. It won't keep you from getting a buzz at all, just help greatly reduce the chances of vomiting all over everyone, and getting hauled out on a stretcher with a double whammy of altitude sickness & alcohol poisoning! The higher the elevation the less booze it takes to get a buzz as well, so don't push that "fine line" too much, cuz you may already be over it and not even realize it yet. Your hypothetical six pack alcohol threshold at sea level, may induce a buzz similar to that of a 12 pack instead at altitude if you aren't accustomed to it. Might be a bit of an exaggeration, but just to highlight the issue, and everyone's body deals with altitude differently as Bentleypop also wisely stated as well. It might result in more trips to the restroom to drain that WATER,  but a cheaper night on $15 beers and potential ER bills as well. Pros and cons with the "altitude" thing as with many other things in life. Haha!
    John Strohmeyer
  • ISO a pair or single
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• wbutler29 said:
    To the locals on the thread, any good sushi restaurants in the area? Not a sushi snob... sister has a weird pre-pj show ritual of a sushi lunch. Thanks in advance.
    I'm a big fan of Hapa Sushi and there's one pretty close to the Pepsi Center
  • I'll be staying at the Marriott AC Hotel Denver Downtown. Found a good deal with parking included
  • wbutler29 said:
    Sushi Den hands down.  They fly in fish daily from the Tokyo fish market.  As good as it gets
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited February 2020
    Lostpawn said:
    If you stay in Denver you shouldn’t have much trouble with altitude. Going into the mountains tends to get folks in trouble though. If you plan to go up into altitude (e.g. > 7500’), you can mitigate in a couple of ways: 

I recommend doing both. Get your Dr. to prescribe some Acetazolamide, as a safety net. But still try to spend as much time in the city as you can before going into the elevation. 24 hours is a reasonable minimum in my experience. 

Edit:  If you go into elevation and find yourself getting sick, go back down. It’s amazing how fast it helps to just get back to 5280. 
    Before moving here I came about 1-2 times a month for a year. I’d always get a headache the second day until I learned to just drink a ton of water when I arrived. 
    Same thing happens to family when they visit. 
    Just be sure to drink tons of water then I’d say you’d be fine.

It must have to do with the dryness combined with altitude, because we have a family cabin at about 6000 ft in California and was never an issue. I think partly why my parents are so stubborn about it when they visit here too.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Does anyone happen to have with a spare GA that needs a home? I was really hoping to have luck on the ftf but Denver didn't even get that option, as we all know... so still hunting!! Please let me know! 
    mace1229 said:
    Lostpawn said:

Before moving here I came about 1-2 times a month for a year. I’d always get a headache the second day until I learned to just drink a ton of water when I arrived. 
    Same thing happens to family when they visit. 
    Just be sure to drink tons of water then I’d say you’d be fine.

It must have to do with the dryness combined with altitude, because we have a family cabin at about 6000 ft in California and was never an issue. I think partly why my parents are so stubborn about it when they visit here too.
    Excellent point, and someone else made it as well. Hydration is HUGE. Which means alcohol needs to be limited, strictly. Water and Pedialyte are your friends.  Alcohol that will barely buzz you at sea level might knock you down at altitude. Especially if you haven’t had a day or two of acclimation. 

If you screw up and indulge too much before you’re ready, an IV clinic can help. I can’t recommend one, but I know there are a few in the city. Consider it a last resort, and try not to push it that far!

IMO most folks will be fine especially if you stay at 5280 and drink water frequently. If you go higher, or booze up hard, well...