Options

Mile High Club: Denver Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    I’ll be there. Anyone going a few days earlier to ski/snowboard? I ride at Copper Mountain mostly, but can ride anywhere in Summit County. I know all the powder stashes at Copper 😜
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    I’ll be there. Anyone going a few days earlier to ski/snowboard? I ride at Copper Mountain mostly, but can ride anywhere in Summit County. I know all the powder stashes at Copper 😜
    No, but staying through the weekend. Skiing is a remote possibility but if so it will probably be at whatever mountain by friends have passes to this year.  
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Section BBB Row 1 / TC# 294***
    I'm staying in the LoDo area at the Maven Hotel.  This will be my first time in Colorado.  Any tips on how to get adjusted to the altitude?
    Drink a lot of water, don’t drink a lot of alcohol and bring wet wipes
    I don't understand the wet wipes part
  • Options
    I'm staying in the LoDo area at the Maven Hotel.  This will be my first time in Colorado.  Any tips on how to get adjusted to the altitude?
    It’s just a quick way to moisturize and cool bare skin. Water Wipes, which are almost 100% water and no detergents, are best for this.  I doubt you’d need them if you’re staying out of the mountains. 

One other thing I forgot to mention in my earlier posts on this topic - LIP BALM!!!  Your lips can dry out and crack to the point of bleeding, very quickly. I personally use Blistex Medicated (it’s in a blue tube). Buy a 3 pack and keep a tube with you at all times. Use it liberally. 
  • Options
    If there is any chance anyone has a spare GA for Denver, I'm travelling with 2 others that already have a pair and would love to be able to join them for the show and not be solo in a seat. Please get in touch if you think you might have this option. See you all in Denver!!!  =)
    Bump! 🤩
  • Options
    Some people who visit here get the bubble guts or the squirts and having wet wipes will keep you cleaned and fresh. Should I further explain?
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,059
    Some people who visit here get the bubble guts or the squirts and having wet wipes will keep you cleaned and fresh. Should I further explain?
    I thought going to Denver would be fun, but now you guys are freaking me out with warnings of the squirts and getting hammered on 2 beers! I just picture the Dumb and Dumber scene going on in the bathrooms during the show. 
  • Options
    hihobibo said:
    I thought going to Denver would be fun, but now you guys are freaking me out with warnings of the squirts and getting hammered on 2 beers! I just picture the Dumb and Dumber scene going on in the bathrooms during the show. 
    You’ll be fine!  Space your beers with water, stay hydrated, use good (medicated) lip balm. There’s little to worry about, especially if you keep in the city. If you’re going into the mountains, take some of the additional precautions mentioned earlier.  The Denver area is awesome, you’ll love it!
  • Options
    I was just being wise ass. Denver is great. Nothing to worry about. Just drink water 
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 727
    LukinAtU said:
    ISO 1 GA ticket. I can be your poster buddy.
    still looking. I'll get your poster.
  • Options
    BmoyaBmoya Posts: 100
    Looking for Denver lower bowl side stage (100s). It’s my home town show and the Stubhub tickets are insanely expensive. I’ll pay a premium of that makes a difference. Or I have PHX of same quality to trade. PM me if interested. Thanks. 
  • Options
    I just read an article about flying with weed, with basically the author saying don't do it because the feds control flight space, etc.

How is it getting out of Denver with a little stash in the luggage? I've gotten away with it several times before over the years, once even on an international flight. Wondering if it will be worth the risk next month. I'm not as bold as I once was. Flying home to a still-not-legal state.
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    I just read an article about flying with weed, with basically the author saying don't do it because the feds control flight space, etc.

How is it getting out of Denver with a little stash in the luggage? I've gotten away with it several times before over the years, once even on an international flight. Wondering if it will be worth the risk next month. I'm not as bold as I once was. Flying home to a still-not-legal state.
    I have a good friend who works TSA in Ohio. He said that they do not care about drugs at all and are only looking for weapons. If that helps at all. 
  • Options
    riley540 said:

I have a good friend who works TSA in Ohio. He said that they do not care about drugs at all and are only looking for weapons. If that helps at all. 
    That was the gist of all the comments posted on the article. Makes sense to me. We'll see what I've got left at the end of my trip. I just can't throw it away.
  • Options

My wife and I have returned home several times from legal states to our non-legal state, carrying various products. Never a problem. Use the special bags they give you at the dispensary, but other than I wouldn’t worry. Of course, there is always a risk...
  • Options
    I've got a Phoenix pair of seats avail. Looking to trade, I only need a single Denver GA. Let me know!
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    We fly about 4 times a year out of Denver with 2 small kids. I can tell you they nearly always inspect our kid food carefully and one time I just asked, “our 3 year old can’t go all day without food, what’s up with all this?” 
    And they told me it’s because people fly here and try to sneak weed back home.
    Just my experience on the subject.
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,133
    Stupid question - can you bring a poster tube on a plane? I’m just bringing a carry on suitcase, hopefully I can throw a tube up there too. 
  • Options
    Stupid question - can you bring a poster tube on a plane? I’m just bringing a carry on suitcase, hopefully I can throw a tube up there too. 
    You can yes. 
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    It counts as a personal item. So free with any airline. So if you already have a personal item and a carry on they will ask you to consolidate. 
    I’ve literally been asked to put my jacket on so I would only have 1 personal item. Took it off about 10 seconds later. So dumb.
  • Options
    Haha, thanks. I don’t fly a whole lot, so I wasn’t sure what the tube would count as. 
  • Options
    BmoyaBmoya Posts: 100
    Anyone with a pair for Denver? Hometown show and hoping to upgrade to lower bowls. currently in 300's
  • Options
    I have a pair of Oakland N2 GA's to trade. looking for a single Denver GA if anyone needs an Oak GA
  • Options
    Sadly, today would have been the day I board a flight to Denver. This might be the worst week so far of the shut down for me. 
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    THIS COULD BE THE DAY!!!!
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,692
    I’d be lining up right now for my poster. 
  • Options
    Red MosquitoRed Mosquito Charlotte, NC Posts: 68
    I should be 30,000 feet in the air en route to Denver right now. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    I should be 30,000 feet in the air en route to Denver right now. 
    Same.  Bummer.

• Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    I'm in line with The Bible . . .OKC was a killer show as well.