OTTAWA > Roll Call (First Post Updated)

Comments

• zoz said:
    Anyone else planning on doing this pre-party at the brewery? I'm still trying to figure out the plan for getting to the show and what to do before.
    I'm holding out to see the details of the official wishlist party (if this isn't it). May hit both depending on timelines. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • BasilgBasilg Killingworth, CT Posts: 76
    Anyone get parking option for 35C dollars via Ticketmaster? Driving up from Connecticut and not sure if driving to show from hotel or taxi/uber/mass transit is best.  Thanks.
  • jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Basilg said:
    Anyone get parking option for 35C dollars via Ticketmaster? Driving up from Connecticut and not sure if driving to show from hotel or taxi/uber/mass transit is best.  Thanks.
    I bought the parking since we're going to be driving from hotel.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • BasilgBasilg Killingworth, CT Posts: 76
    Basilg said:

Do you know if it's a designated lot or where these passes are for? 
  • Mac57Mac57 Posts: 253
    Do you know if we can tailgate in CA?
    Driving in from NJ
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Basilg said:
    Basilg said:

Do you know if it's a designated lot or where these passes are for? 
    The one I purchased is for use in lots 4, 5, 6, 7, or 9. I see now it was $15CAD. I think there were more expensive ones on there for the VIP lots and whatnot.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Mac57 said:
    Do you know if we can tailgate in CA?
    Driving in from NJ
    not legally. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    demetrios said:
    "Overflow Brewery is bringing you the Official Pre-Concert Party! We got you covered with parking, a shuttle to and from the
    @PearlJam concert, food and of course beer! Register now to reserve your spot!
    Ps: More details coming soon! "

registered. thanks D!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    demetrios said:
    "Overflow Brewery is bringing you the Official Pre-Concert Party! We got you covered with parking, a shuttle to and from the

I’m registered, see you there. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    https://m.facebook.com/events/571361186924864?view=permalink&id=586755648718751

🎶 The good news just keeps coming in! We are so close to releasing the venue details & can't wait to share it with you. We are aiming to top our 2016 Preparty especially being a Friday. Wishlist always creates fantastic tour artwork for all the cities hosting & we are sure to be supplied with some amazing keepsakes!
    Wishlist Foundation - a Pearl Jam Fan-Run Nonprofit Organization Pearl Jam Ottawa @CapitalCityCondors #ottawapreparty2020 #ottawapreparty #pjottawa #ottawatourism #ottawaevents #fundraising #biggerthanhockey #hockeyisforeveryone #capitalcitycondors

• demetrios said:

🎶 The good news just keeps coming in! We are so close to releasing the venue details & can't wait to share it with you. We are aiming to top our 2016 Preparty especially being a Friday. Wishlist always creates fantastic tour artwork for all the cities hosting & we are sure to be supplied with some amazing keepsakes!
    Wishlist Foundation - a Pearl Jam Fan-Run Nonprofit Organization Pearl Jam Ottawa @CapitalCityCondors #ottawapreparty2020 #ottawapreparty #pjottawa #ottawatourism #ottawaevents #fundraising #biggerthanhockey #hockeyisforeveryone #capitalcitycondors

Chris here, I'm helping organize with Cathy! There WILL be a Wishlist preparty raising money for the Capital City Condors, an amazing organization doing great work making hockey more accessible for everyone.

Any questions please PM me or find me on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/chrisblackstone
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Who's going? 

Our Plans: 
    Thurs Staying at Novatel City Center in Byward Market  for some fun.
    Fri Staying at Glo Best Western Kanata for proximity to the show. 
    Taking the 10am Via Rail Train to Quebec City on Saturday morning for the next show. 

----

WHERE TO STAY: 
    Byward Market is bar/entertainment district downtown - Downtown is best for fun if staying a bit. 
    Kanata is area around stadium - There's very little close to the arena though. 
    Rides from Stadium to Downtown can be challenging/pricey after shows. 

--

TRAIN TO THE NEXT SHOW IN QUEBEC CITY:
    Two Via Rail trains to QC the next day. Roughly 10:15am and 2pm. 
    Fare is $70 for coach or $100 for Business Class. Business class gets you Priority Boarding, a better/roomier seat, 3 course meal, and FREE Beer/Wine/Cocktails. 

---

GETTING BACK TO THE HOTEL AFTER THE SHOW: 
    "For public transit, OC Transpo typically offers a special 400 series bus that runs throughout the city. It picks you up outside the CTC and runs to/from Downtown. Not sure how this will work with the LRT (read: semi-functional train) system, but it's something at least. $3.60 and no waiting."

Uber/Lyft/Cabs available post show but expect inflated rates/surge pricing. Traffic Jam getting into/out of venue makes for ~$50 cab ride to downtown. Surge pricing could make Uber/Lyft double that. 

Still awaiting details on Cab Access (if there is a cab stand or you must call your own).

--

WISHLIST PARTY LINK: 
    https://facebook.com/events/s/pearl-jam-ottawa-wishlist-foun/571361186924864/

--

WHAT'S GOOD "NEAR" THE ARENA: 
    Crazy Horse Bar - Good reviews and near Shopping
    Everygreen Ales Tap Room - 20 min walk to arena
    Les 3 Brasseurs - Tap Room - Near Crazy Horse
    Stanleys @ Bell Sensplex - (5 min walk from arena) - Bar upstairs w/ couple local crafts on tap
    Berts - Attached to Arena - Pricey but Good Food/Service. 

I'll try to keep this post updated. 
    I work at Evergreen Ales, will talk to them about doing something for drink specials before the show!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Jebus4uJebus4u Posts: 5
    edited February 2020
    demetrios said:

There was a PJ cover band at Overflow last night. They were 🔥 They said they are playing the pre-party too. The venue is great. Wicked sound.
    Post edited by Jebus4u on
  • Updated the first post with the recent details above about Evergreen / Overflow / and of course Wishlist. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • So, so, so stoked about coming up.  Question though - isn't the concert March 22nd?  The preparty at Overflow states March 20th.  Am I missing something?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    bigbiggzy said:
    So, so, so stoked about coming up.  Question though - isn't the concert March 22nd?  The preparty at Overflow states March 20th.  Am I missing something?
    Quebec City is on March 22nd. Ottawa is the 20th. 
  • Ahh - thank you.  I'm in the wrong thread, lol...
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    PJNB said:
    bigbiggzy said:
    So, so, so stoked about coming up.  Question though - isn't the concert March 22nd?  The preparty at Overflow states March 20th.  Am I missing something?
    Imagine someone driving to the wrong venue on the wrong date.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    About to add a recovery day to my stay in Ottawa lol
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .

https://www.facebook.com/events/571361186924864

Ottawa Wishlist planning is going well and the biggest thing we need is your donations of Pearl Jam memorabilia. Isn’t it time to give that poster up that you haven’t framed yet and put it to great causes? Got something else interesting?

All info on donating can be found below as our fearless leaders Chris Blackstone and Cathy Paine work tirelessly to put on another memorable Wishlist event in Ottawa:
    https://facebook.com/events/s/pearl-jam-ottawa-wishlist-foun/571361186924864/?ti=icl

More to come in the coming days and weeks. We got you covered!!

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

Im going.

I live 20 mins outside of Kanata so no hotel stay for me.

Im going.

Nice! Glad you are making a show. We are staying with my cousin the first night and second night have a hotel near the highway for the trip to Quebec City. 

PJNB said:

Im going.

Nice! Glad you are making a show. We are staying with my cousin the first night and second night have a hotel near the highway for the trip to Quebec City. 

Awesome. Of course I let my Membership here run out before the tour was announced so I have tickets in the upper bowl, but side to the stage so good view anyway.
  • 100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    bigbiggzy said:
    Imagine someone driving to the wrong venue on the wrong date.
    I used my tickets for the Barrie show in '98 to get into the SummerSault festival the next day.
    I missed PJ for a friends wedding on the Saturday.  Gave the tickets to the guy at the entrance and he says that PJ was yesterday.  Did some shitty acting and played dumb...let me in no problem.  Concert buddy decided to pass out - full drop! - during the Garbage set.
    Have the tickets to both shows somewhere.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
    demetrios said:

Chris here, I'm helping organize with Cathy! There WILL be a Wishlist preparty raising money for the Capital City Condors, an amazing organization doing great work making hockey more accessible for everyone.

Any questions please PM me or find me on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/chrisblackstone

See ya next month. :) 
    So if I wanted to go to the venue at 3pm do I have to pay to park? Here is a pick of the parking lot. Where do you guys recommend I park for quickest exit? I see there are passholder lots so I imagine I have to stay out of there even early. 

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    PJNB said:
    So if I wanted to go to the venue at 3pm do I have to pay to park? Here is a pick of the parking lot. Where do you guys recommend I park for quickest exit? I see there are passholder lots so I imagine I have to stay out of there even early. 

We showed up early enough that we simply drove into the unattended lots and parked for free. You should be good at 3pm if you don’t leave.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:

We showed up early enough that we simply drove into the unattended lots and parked for free. You should be good at 3pm if you don’t leave.

We might try to do that. 
    Usually for the hockey games there that’s correct. If your that early you should get in without paying. Unless they block off the lots.
    getting out is a bitch, there is no simple exit. Lots of traffic.
    i took my little guy to a game last month and we waited 15 mins for the logjam to die Down.
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    demetrios said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:

We might try to do that. 
    Same 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....????