Sweet!
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Anyone else not get sound on Android?
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929
    euchrid said:
    Anyone else not get sound on Android?
    Is the sound icon on the top right muted? Happened to me first time.
  • Options
    mckaymckay Posts: 158
    I got mine to work by tapping on Can't see the moon at the bottom...a moon then appeared and then played the clip.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,697

paulnicklen

I am thrilled and humbled to have my work represented by @hilton.asmus.contemporary at @artpalmsprings this weekend. This is a fantastic art fair, and I am proud to be hanging with so many other incredible artists. For details, please contact their talented staff at info@hilton-asmus.com. For additional information regarding my fine art collection, please contact Lauren at fineart@paulnicklen.com.

• Options
  • Options
    Pearl Jam Gigaton Logo

Superblood Wolfmoon Animation

Superblood Wolfmoon
    Coming February 18

Find the moon tonight to hear new music. #SuperBloodWolfMoon

• Options

PEARL JAM Launches Immersive Augmented Reality Experience For "Superblood Wolfmoon" Single; Point Phone Camera At The Moon To Unlock

Powster - an award-winning interactive creative studio/production company for over 150 movie distributors - in collaboration with the world's largest music company Universal Music Group, #1 label in the music industry Republic Records, and multi-Grammy Award-winning band Pearl Jam join forces for the launch of the single "Superblood Wolfmoon", from the upcoming album, Gigaton.

Beginning today, through the single's release date on February 19, listeners can launch an immersive experience to get an exclusive sneak peek of the song and music video.

The creative team at Powster developed this concept to celebrate Pearl Jam's highly anticipated 11th studio album, Gigaton, scheduled to be released on March 27, 2020. Using interactive technology through a proprietary Pearl Jam web app, fans can point their mobile phone camera at the moon, which will trigger on-screen animations around and over the moon, timed with a preview of "Superblood Wolfmoon" and an in-app option to pre-order the song.

Powster employed cutting-edge technology and immersive storytelling to create this activation, drawing Pearl Jam fans to face the moon and enjoy the artistic value and lunar inspiration of the new single. Once the mobile phone camera tracks the moon, AR technology creates an artistic depiction of the Superblood Wolfmoon on-screen, imitating a red lunar eclipse. This unlocks a preview of the single that plays while the red moon expands and sketched rays scatter outwards while animated band members appear around the enlarged moon and perform.  

"We're honored to be working with Pearl Jam to bring their music to life through technology blended with the elements of nature that inspired their tone. This activation displays their innovation and creative energy going into their new album," said Ste Thompson, CEO and Creative Director of Powster. "Adapting to new technologies and integrating platforms unleashes the full potential of music, as well as changes the way fans experience new sounds, and we are excited to be teaming up with Pearl Jam to provide their fans with this exclusive look at their style and artistic direction."

"Engaging Pearl Jam fans to go outside and experience the moon in an exciting way is a testament to the innovative spirit the band brings to music," said Bill Gerdts, Associate Director, Digital Marketing at Republic Records. "This project encompasses Pearl Jam's desire to engage with their fans and provide a visual representation of what is to come in their new single  Superblood Wolfmoon, and later, in the Gigaton album."

The Superblood Wolfmoon experience is available on all Android and iOS-enabled devices with a camera, and can be accessed at moon.pearljam.com.

Pearl Jam have released the official and final video for "Dance of the Clairvoyants", the first single from their forthcoming album, Gigaton.

"I can’t tell you how proud I am about this group of songs," explains Jeff Ament. "As you know, we took our time and that benefited us taking more chances. 'Dance' was a perfect storm of experimentation and real collaboration, mixing up the instrumentation and building a great song, and Ed writing some of my favorite words yet, around Matt’s killer drum pattern. Did I mention Mike’s insane guitar part and that Stone is playing bass on this one? We’ve opened some new doors creatively and that’s exciting."

• Options

A workaround for Pearl Jam fans who want to stream ‘Superblood Wolfmoon’ without a real moon

Pearl Jam might want you to point your smartphone at the moon to listen to their newest song, but you don’t have to.

To promote their unreleased single “Superblood Wolfmoon,” Pearl Jam (or perhaps someone at the label) hired a creative studio called Powster to make an augmented-reality-ish experience so fans can unlock part of the song early. The song’s title has moon in it—perhaps that’s where they got the idea?

It’s still daytime here where this story was written, in sunny Los Angeles, but you don’t have to wait for the moon to hear some of “Superblood Wolfmoon” before the single comes out in full on February 19.

Instead:

• Open this link on your smartphone and let the site access your camera.
    • On your laptop or another device, type “moon” into a search engine.
    • With one hand, hold your laptop in the air in front of everyone at the coffee shop.
    • With the other, point your camera at a photo of the moon.

And that’s it! It worked for us.

• Options

• Options

tinyconcert - I get a lot of inspiration on YouTube, so it was a treat giving them a sneak peak of my upcoming #pearljam music video in their offices. Also, Tiny Concert x Pearl Jam cupcakes!!! #superbloodwolfmoon #tinyconcert

• Options
    SiriusXM and Pandora Present Pearl Jam at the Apollo Theater
    WIN A TRIP TO SEE PEARL JAM FROM THE FRONT ROW AT THE APOLLO THEATER!

• Options

• Options

tinyconcert

#mikemccready animation test for the upcoming #pearljam #SuperBloodWolfMoon @tinyconcert. No audio until Tuesday when the song is released. I hope you love it as much as me. ⚡️#tinyconcert #animation
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,235
    New song at midnight?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    New song at midnight?
    Should be, yes. Looking forward to it!
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
  • Options
  • Options
    demetrios said:

tinyconcert

#mikemccready animation test for the upcoming #pearljam #SuperBloodWolfMoon @tinyconcert. No audio until Tuesday when the song is released. I hope you love it as much as me. ⚡️#tinyconcert #animation
    Looking forward to the video!!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,235
    So is it going to be on the sirius channel at midnight too?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,353
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center