Mr. Bungle

Comments

• nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    It’s so like them to reunite and then not play a single song from their 3 albums. Gotta love them 
    I've read that they have played new tunes too?!?

If you are going look for me.  I'll be in touch.
    Yes would love to. I’ll let u know 🤙🏼
    Where the hell is that picture taken?
    Rockaway beach 
    Sumbitch... 69th st?

I used to live on 25th.  No way you are local, are you?
    73rdst. I live in bay ridge but spend at least 3-5 days surfing there. That’s awesome! 
    That's a block away from the traffic circle.  Didn't know people went that far down.  Higher 80's and high 60's is the spot.

I'll PM u in a bit.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    It’s so like them to reunite and then not play a single song from their 3 albums. Gotta love them 
    I've read that they have played new tunes too?!?

If you are going look for me.  I'll be in touch.
    Yes would love to. I’ll let u know 🤙🏼
    Where the hell is that picture taken?
    Rockaway beach 
    Sumbitch... 69th st?

I used to live on 25th.  No way you are local, are you?
    73rdst. I live in bay ridge but spend at least 3-5 days surfing there. That’s awesome! 
    That's a block away from the traffic circle.  Didn't know people went that far down.  Higher 80's and high 60's is the spot.

I'll PM u in a bit.
    Cool 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,605
    ^^thx for posting. Just watched mb show on you tube. I'd love to go with a nice set of earplugs. So awesome what they are up to. Likely p.ss off a few fans, but a dummy like me LOVES it!!! Have fun whoevers going.
  • Loujoe said:
    ^^thx for posting. Just watched mb show on you tube. I'd love to go with a nice set of earplugs. So awesome what they are up to. Likely p.ss off a few fans, but a dummy like me LOVES it!!! Have fun whoevers going.
    Here’s another... gutted I’m missing this: https://www.reddit.com/r/mrbungle/comments/f16i4x/ian_scott_is_epic_in_every_fucking_second_of_this/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Him and patton are very good friends. Which in a weird way, makes perfect sense. 
  •  Haven't read any in depth reviews, but saw a couple pictures and watched a quick clip from the show last night... looks like it was a good time. Patton had a Coolio thing going on with his hair... not sure exactly what he's going for this day in age, but more power to him.

For all who are going, enjoy!

@tempo_n_groove - if you're able to snag me the beanie with the Easter bunny logo on it in Brooklyn next week, I could paypal the cost + shipping + a few extra bucks for a beer. (or two depending on where you buy them of course :D )

@Merkin Baller  Sold out of EVERYTHING when I got in at 8pm.  They still had a line as the gal behind the counter was taking shirts off the wall...

They had a poster/flyer that I would have liked to have gotten but oh well.

@Merkin Baller  I tried...
  •  Haven't read any in depth reviews, but saw a couple pictures and watched a quick clip from the show last night... looks like it was a good time. Patton had a Coolio thing going on with his hair... not sure exactly what he's going for this day in age, but more power to him.

@tempo_n_groove - if you're able to snag me the beanie with the Easter bunny logo on it in Brooklyn next week, I could paypal the cost + shipping + a few extra bucks for a beer. (or two depending on where you buy them of course :D )

@Merkin Baller  Sold out of EVERYTHING when I got in at 8pm.  They still had a line as the gal behind the counter was taking shirts off the wall...

No worries, I appreciate you keeping it in mind.

How was it?

Reddit reviews seem positive about the band, but negative regarding venue security, and also the crowd - hearing there were a lot of assholes there (which is typical for a Patton show :D).

How was it?

Reddit reviews seem positive about the band, but negative regarding venue security, and also the crowd - hearing there were a lot of assholes there (which is typical for a Patton show :D).

I was up top w a good view.  This venue, Brooklyn Steel, I friggin hate, attracts assholes to the venue.  I've had bad experiences here.  Threw a guy.  Had a fight break out next to me.  All by white 40 somethings...

My 5'0" tall GF went to go get a beer.  She told the person behind her that she is coming back.  When she arrived back the person did not move.  I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him to give her that spot back and he was like "yeah man, ok, yeah, she can have her spot back.  I wasn't taking it from her."

Fuck you.  Move.

He moved further away w his friends. :)

Behind me and the GF were a couple that we chatted up and were absolute gems to chat w.  I moved back so my GF could move in front of me and see the show and his GF could slide into her spot so we could all enjoy the show.

On to the show!  The pit was only getting going about 3 deep and dead middle.  Nothing crazy.  I could make out the same 20 head profiles from where I was.  All looked to be younger guys too.

The band was tight and kicked ass.  They played some new songs that were friggin electric.  When the guitars just went and Lombardo wailed, there was Patton taking it all in, head bobbing, body bouncing to the 4/4 count.

Magic.

I had no idea Patton's voice was this good either because I had said earlier that I was not a fan and didn't really "get him' but if this is what he brings to other tables of singing then I will go back and check his past projects.

I knew 2 songs that they did, 3 if you count Mr Rogers' neighborhood and I had an absolute blast.

This show gets an A- for me.  Only reason it doesn't get higher is because I didn't know the songs, lol.

Great show.

Go see them.
  • Awesome, good for you. 

It isn’t just the venue, it’s Patton & the band... they attract creeps, which is unfortunate because they’re amazing musicians. Patton is my all time favorite artist, and he’s never disappointed me live. 

Glad it was fun, I wish I could have made it. 2 weeks ago I started plotting a run down for the show but my boss is out of town this week so I couldn’t get the time off. 

Oh well, if FNM doesn’t come around this year, hopefully Tomahawk does. Their drummer told me in December that if he has his way they release their (already completed) new album in the spring and are hoping to tie down “his lordship” for a fall tour. I have my fngers crossed I get a live Patton fix somehow in the next year. 

While on the subject I suggest you check out Tomahawk’s 1st two albums (self titled & MIT Gas) - both are phenomenal. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Haven't read any in depth reviews, but saw a couple pictures and watched a quick clip from the show last night... looks like it was a good time. Patton had a Coolio thing going on with his hair... not sure exactly what he's going for this day in age, but more power to him.

How was it?

I was up top w a good view.  This venue, Brooklyn Steel, I friggin hate, attracts assholes to the venue.  I've had bad experiences here.  Threw a guy.  Had a fight break out next to me.  All by white 40 somethings...

My 5'0" tall GF went to go get a beer.  She told the person behind her that she is coming back.  When she arrived back the person did not move.  I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him to give her that spot back and he was like "yeah man, ok, yeah, she can have her spot back.  I wasn't taking it from her."

Fuck you.  Move.

He moved further away w his friends. :)

Behind me and the GF were a couple that we chatted up and were absolute gems to chat w.  I moved back so my GF could move in front of me and see the show and his GF could slide into her spot so we could all enjoy the show.

On to the show!  The pit was only getting going about 3 deep and dead middle.  Nothing crazy.  I could make out the same 20 head profiles from where I was.  All looked to be younger guys too.

The band was tight and kicked ass.  They played some new songs that were friggin electric.  When the guitars just went and Lombardo wailed, there was Patton taking it all in, head bobbing, body bouncing to the 4/4 count.

Magic.

I had no idea Patton's voice was this good either because I had said earlier that I was not a fan and didn't really "get him' but if this is what he brings to other tables of singing then I will go back and check his past projects.

I knew 2 songs that they did, 3 if you count Mr Rogers' neighborhood and I had an absolute blast.

This show gets an A- for me.  Only reason it doesn't get higher is because I didn't know the songs, lol.

Great show.

Go see them.
    SMILES!
    BRUISES!
    SMILES!
    BRUISES!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    SMILES!
    BRUISES!
    SMILES!
    BRUISES!

BARS

IN THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOMB

Dig the longsleeve tee and the beanie. Maybe they'll still be around after annual bonus and tax return time.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    Dig the longsleeve tee and the beanie. Maybe they'll still be around after annual bonus and tax return time.

If the beanie only had the rabbit logo, I would already have ordered it.

After seeing that it was both, I'm not too bummed that Tempo wasn't able to pick one up for me. I really don't like the font.  

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386

Been on a huge Bungle kick lately... I found a Youtube audience recording from the first time I saw them back in '95.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmirqugD6mw

I must have listened at least 5 times over since discovering this a few weeks ago.

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    NICE!!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Preordered last week... apparently this version of Anarchy Up Your Anus is narrated by Rhea Pearlman. 🤣🤣🤣

If anyone missed out on the exclusive vinyl sales, there are some more available for order with a ticket for a Halloween live stream they're planning:

https://www.mrbungle.live/

• The re-recorded demo is fantastic, as was the live stream this weekend. 
  • There are 4 different versions of the Bunny album.  Anyone know the difference?  Do they sound the same before I pull the trigger on one?
  • There are 4 different versions of the Bunny album.  Anyone know the difference?  Do they sound the same before I pull the trigger on one?

I'm under the impression the recordings are all the same, and the variations are limited to packaging / vinyl editions. (different splatters, etc).

I'm under the impression the recordings are all the same, and the variations are limited to packaging / vinyl editions. (different splatters, etc).
    Cool I'll buy the cheaper one then.
    Piss yellow FTW!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM

So asshole me forgot that I even ordered the damn record.  Thank goodness I didn't order another one.

I got the Ruby Red and a cool California shirt.

So asshole me forgot that I even ordered the damn record.  Thank goodness I didn't order another one.

I grabbed the deluxe vinyl bundle and am glad I did, I love the shirt & the vinyl (Gray w/ red splatter) and slip mat are pretty sweet too. 

• ultrapigultrapig South Dakota Posts: 142
    There are 4 different versions of the Bunny album.  Anyone know the difference?  Do they sound the same before I pull the trigger on one?

I grabbed the deluxe vinyl bundle and am glad I did, I love the shirt & the vinyl (Gray w/ red splatter) and slip mat are pretty sweet too. 

I got that t-shirt in the bundle I ordered, too. I like it, but the Mr. Bungle logo on the back just looks like a black blob. Hopefully yours looks better than mine. 
  • ultrapig said:
    There are 4 different versions of the Bunny album.  Anyone know the difference?  Do they sound the same before I pull the trigger on one?

I got that t-shirt in the bundle I ordered, too. I like it, but the Mr. Bungle logo on the back just looks like a black blob. Hopefully yours looks better than mine. 
    Nope... black blob... I don’t mind it though.