Forums really glitchy the last couple of days

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

It seems as though there are empty comments. Other pictures load, but while looking around, I have found this twice. Running on a Samsung Galaxy S8. I even turned my phone off and back on again. No difference.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Thank you. One appears to be a broken link but we'll check these out further. Thanks again :)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Sea said:
    Please let us know if you are still having issues today. If so, what issues specifically? Are you getting an error message? Desktop version or mobile or both?
    Thank you

Mobile on my Google Pixel using Google Chrome. Don't have any problems roaming / surfing with the store. But on the forum using mobile it takes a while for things to load. For example if I click Porch, the next page will come up. If I try to click the first link say "Tomorrow is the 10" .. it will return with one of the sticky threads instead. It takes a while for a URL / thread link to be highlighted.
    demetrios said:
    Sea said:
    Please let us know if you are still having issues today. If so, what issues specifically? Are you getting an error message? Desktop version or mobile or both?
    Thank you

Mobile on my Google Pixel using Google Chrome. Don't have any problems roaming / surfing with the store. But on the forum using mobile it takes a while for things to load. For example if I click Porch, the next page will come up. If I try to click the first link say "Tomorrow is the 10" .. it will return with one of the sticky threads instead. It takes a while for a URL / thread link to be highlighted.

Are you using any browser add-ons? Is this happening on the mobile version or full site version or both? Thanks.
    Anyone else having this specific issue?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Frankly, I don't really use the mobile version in any case, because it barely works for posting - it's an exercise in frustration. You can't even get the cursor to the proper place half the time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Sea said:
    demetrios said:
    Sea said:
    Thank you

Are you using any browser add-ons? Is this happening on the mobile version or full site version or both? Thanks.
    Anyone else having this specific issue?
    No add-ons. Using Google Chrome mobile on my Google Pixel phone.
    The site is still glitchy. Google Chrome on Google Pixel. Any help would be great.

Thanks!
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    PJ_Soul said:
    Frankly, I don't really use the mobile version in any case, because it barely works for posting - it's an exercise in frustration. You can't even get the cursor to the proper place half the time.

My convenient option is mobile, and the forum is unreliable for correct spelling, and when I do need to edit, it creates letters that I didn't type and deletes the ones that I did 
    PJ_Soul said:

My convenient option is mobile, and the forum is unreliable for correct spelling, and when I do need to edit, it creates letters that I didn't type and deletes the ones that I did 
    I have that, too.  Mobile only, I believe. 
    Thank you everyone for your reports. We'll pass them on to the forum techs.
    Sea said:
    Thank you everyone for your reports. We'll pass them on to the forum techs.
    Thanks for working on it! 
    If I'm not logged into my account the forum is very fast to view on mobile. No loading at all. But when logged in, the forum is very slow to view. Takes a while to load. 
    deadendp said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I have that, too.  Mobile only, I believe. 
    @sea

It's still doing the same thing. Gboard. Samsung Galaxy S8. New update installed (Android Pie) last night. Mobile only. FYI. 

I'm getting error messages. 
    Huzzah!!! The forum is now working smoothly on the Google Pixel Chrome browser.  =)

The new and latest security patch from Google last night fixed everything. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    Galaxy S9+ running on firefox, had an issue the other day I couldnt post comments? Issue cleared after restarting .

On going issue I have is trying to iniate a PM. I cant seem to get a recipient to stay once typed in? on my laptop the name appears in a drop down little menu? It doesnt drop menu on my phone.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited February 2020

This keeps popping up. @Sea

Galaxy S9. 
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    deadendp said:

This keeps popping up. @Sea

Galaxy S9. 
    I’ve gotten this a number of times today as well.

On an iPhone 6s.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Me too.

I'll take good gateway to go, please!
    Thank you. Please let us know if you continue to get this error.
    Not a glitch, but a weirdness. Has anyone else noticed that when you yourself comment on a thread, it is showing as a new thread comment for you? Now when I comment, I see a new comment and click on the thread, it's me. 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    deadendp said:
    Not a glitch, but a weirdness. Has anyone else noticed that when you yourself comment on a thread, it is showing as a new thread comment for you? Now when I comment, I see a new comment and click on the thread, it's me. 
    I noticed that as well, starting yesterday I think. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    jeffbr said:
    deadendp said:
    I noticed that as well, starting yesterday I think. 
    same......

and the usual quote garbage....... and the annoying auto draft banner......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    deadendp said:
    Same here.

Such a tease! ;)
    ^^ Still happening.
    Yes, that too.

And, I got signed out from the forums on my phone...no biggie, but when I signed back in, it led me to the main page only and still left me logged out here (now on my laptop).
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2020
    I have been having problems with login on my android for quite a while now (probably a couple of months!). It won't keep me logged in, even when I select the keep me logged in box.
    I go to the forum, I'm not logged in like I should be. So I select sign in, enter my login info, and then it just redirects to the login page again, and the fields are  blank. So then I have to close the browser, open the browser again, and my login info is now showing, and I can login. But once I go back into the forum a little later, I'm logged out again, and I have to go through the whole thing again. Very frustrating. Help!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited April 2020
    Some things that I have posted have also saved to drafts.  I check.  So, it isn't always draft dumping when you post. 

Posting on old iMac this morning. Yup.  Up to date. 

Never had this before...
    Just a heads up...
    4.23.20 Vanilla is working on the issue that caused a partial outage to communities. Our forum many experience some technical issues while it's being worked on.