Options

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,257
    The painting was hilarious. Other than that....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    should have known cheryl was going to put the brakes on. 

larry's brother is my least favorite character in the series. i like mocha joe better than him.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Larry has a brother?    Who plays him?  I know he has the cousin Richard Kind.  I haven't seen the last two seasons.
  • Options
    Larry has a brother?    Who plays him?  I know he has the cousin Richard Kind.  I haven't seen the last two seasons.
    I think that is who he was referring. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I think that is who he was referring. 
    yeah my bad. mistyped earlier.... sorry. 

i still don't like that guy, haha
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    i really like when Jeff got mad and yelled at larry about the painting. i have not seen him yell at larry like that in forever.

• Options
    First episode was surprisingly one of their best. The last three were...dare I say.....garbage. Cringe worthy at times.

He's back to just being a hyper aggressive angry old man. The show was better when his humor was more subtle. Now he just laughs at people and yells at them. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,423
    Curb-related:   did anyone see Al Pacino at the Oscars?....he looks just like Richard Lewis!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    edited February 2020
    It kills me to see this thread keep coming to the top of my "participated" threads because I haven't had a chance to watch any of the new season yet. I've been avoiding spoilers (thankfully the post just above this is about Al Pacino looking like Lewis and not the show). The only clip I've seen is Larry about to get beat up by a biker, and throwing on a MAGA hat to show the biker that they're one-in-the-same. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    First episode was surprisingly one of their best. The last three were...dare I say.....garbage. Cringe worthy at times.

He's back to just being a hyper aggressive angry old man. The show was better when his humor was more subtle. Now he just laughs at people and yells at them. 
    I wouldn't call them garbage but they definitely haven't lived up to that first episode.  It may not be what it once was but it's still one of the funniest shows out there and I'm glad it's still around.
  • Options
    I know this isn't the PC thing to say either but, fuck it.........I don't like Cheryl's new face. It bothers me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I know this isn't the PC thing to say either but, fuck it.........I don't like Cheryl's new face. It bothers me. 
    Did she actually have it done, or is it for the show?

• Options
    hedonist said:
    Did she actually have it done, or is it for the show?

I don’t think it’s just for the show 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I liked the last 2 episodes. Leon, if I give you my weight and height, that's a profile!  Hahahaha
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Such an up and down season. Episode one was really good. They followed that up with a few garbage episodes. Last two have been solid. Magical vagina! Hahaha. The fucking Jets!

Lazy writing though, how they just stopped the Me Too stuff. I’m glad they did. That actress did nothing for me so I’m glad she’s not around but man, that storyline could’ve been a whole lot better. 

Any time Larry’s on the golf course, funny shit happens. Stick with what works 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Confirmed for next season. I hope he knows what he's doing .
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Getting through season 10, even during quarantine, was very difficult. for me I thought it was terrible. Not to say there weren't a few laughs here and there. I did like the Spite Store concept. But for me, this show all-but-ended after season 8. But...it's one of the shows I've been with from the very beginning...so I'll stick it out till the end. I didn't have HBO when it started, but had my friend who did have HBO tape the first episode (the one-hour special) just based on me reading in TV Guide that he had a special coming out. Having read the words "Written by Larry David" and "Created by Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld" hundreds of times, I needed to see what this guy was about, and I loved it. It's one of the greatest shows ever. But it's time has come. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    Getting through season 10, even during quarantine, was very difficult. for me I thought it was terrible. Not to say there weren't a few laughs here and there. I did like the Spite Store concept. But for me, this show all-but-ended after season 8. But...it's one of the shows I've been with from the very beginning...so I'll stick it out till the end. I didn't have HBO when it started, but had my friend who did have HBO tape the first episode (the one-hour special) just based on me reading in TV Guide that he had a special coming out. Having read the words "Written by Larry David" and "Created by Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld" hundreds of times, I needed to see what this guy was about, and I loved it. It's one of the greatest shows ever. But it's time has come. 
    Interesting....I didn't see much of a decline (if any). I thought it was hilarious.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I thought some of the episodes were just awful but it did get better as the season wore on.

Part of the problem with it now is they're just so old. It's just a bunch of extremely rich old people complaining about stuff now. I miss the subtle humor of the earlier seasons.  
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    It's a stretch for Larry to hook up with attractive females.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Well Larry’s rich so it’s somewhat believable. Constanza on the other hand....

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I’m kind of physically attracted to Larry, but only when he wears glasses. As to his mind....

already
    in
    love
  • Options
    he is an uber 4 though

• Options

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,840
    he is an uber 4 though
    Not high enough a number to get him seated in the good looking section of the restaurant 😆
  • Options
    Re-watching again and I still can't believe Cheryl didn't bother me much the first time through. I was even hoping they would eventually get back together at one point . But after the first few seasons, yeah she's just the absolute worst. Larry should've left her instead of the other way around.

Fuck Cheryl David. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    That show makes me realize how great Super Dave was. Best voice, best deadpan humor.

Also, the Groats lunch scene is one of my all-time favorites, ever.

Lastly, I’m with you, Juggler. Fuck Cheryl!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    That show makes me realize how great Super Dave was. Best voice, best deadpan humor.

Last season really felt weird without the Funk man. Vince Vaughn was meh...

Watched the Palestinian Chicken episode last night. hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Last season really felt weird without the Funk man. Vince Vaughn was meh...

Watched the Palestinian Chicken episode last night. hahaha
    Is that the”I will fuck the Jew out of you!” one?