Public Ticket Sale Info

Comments

• StevieC. said:
    Does anyone know, on the commemorative tix, they must mail them to you?? It didn't say anything on TM on how it works..
    It says they mail them to you after the show you attend.
    Cool, I couldn't find where it said that anywhere.. Thx!
  • FC28207FC28207 Posts: 70
    MF213826 said:
    I want to cry. No luck in 10 club sale, verified fan pre-sale, or public sale. 2000+ people ahead of me. Nothing left at all for Nashville, so I tried Denver. Same thing. I’ve been a fan since 1991, and nothing. I’m so so sad. 
    Same boat this is absolutely terrible execution of a ticket sale... especially when 10C said 99% chance of getting tickets... in NY its now $500 on StubHub to get a ‘barstool’ up in the rafters, behind stage... $11k for GA floor tickets...
    You do know that 99% figure changed as more people entered the lottery, right? The more people that entered the lower the odds became. It doesn’t matter if it was 99% when you entered.
    MF213826 said:
    I want to cry. No luck in 10 club sale, verified fan pre-sale, or public sale. 2000+ people ahead of me. Nothing left at all for Nashville, so I tried Denver. Same thing. I’ve been a fan since 1991, and nothing. I’m so so sad. 
    Same boat this is absolutely terrible execution of a ticket sale... especially when 10C said 99% chance of getting tickets... in NY its now $500 on StubHub to get a ‘barstool’ up in the rafters, behind stage... $11k for GA floor tickets...
    You do know that 99% figure changed as more people entered the lottery, right? The more people that entered the lower the odds became. It doesn’t matter if it was 99% when you entered.
    Somewhere along the signup, it didn’t outline the percentage would change clear enough.  If people only saw the site once and very early, this process was a very harsh learning experience.  Early on, I though seats were a layup and pit was the only wildcard.  Learning experience.  Offer light > cursing darkness
    1. Red Rocks '95, second night starting on chairs
    2. buncha others, doesn't really matter
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    $11k for a GA floor ticket at MSG? Are you fucking kidding me?
    Maybe the band should boycott the state of NY going forward, until they change their scalper friendly ticket laws!!   ;-)
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    ddeschler said:
    $11k for a GA floor ticket at MSG? Are you fucking kidding me?
    Maybe the band should boycott the state of NY going forward, until they change their scalper friendly ticket laws!!   ;-)
    I’ll sign that petition. 
  • And I couldn't get tix! So unfair!
  • You're not alone, backspacer78. I've been in the fan club 24 years, and couldn't get tickets to this show either, through 10c or through Ticketmaster. It's my home show & the first time they've played anywhere local to here in 7 years. It's not right that fans are getting shut out so that bots can buy up the tickets and sketchy individuals can sell them for exorbitant prices on other ticket sites.
  • sean9769sean9769 Baltimore Posts: 57
    edited January 2020
    ana_in_dc said:
    You're not alone, backspacer78. I've been in the fan club 24 years, and couldn't get tickets to this show either, through 10c or through Ticketmaster. It's my home show & the first time they've played anywhere local to here in 7 years. It's not right that fans are getting shut out so that bots can buy up the tickets and sketchy individuals can sell them for exorbitant prices on other ticket sites.
    I counted and there's 23 tickets listed which is pretty damn good considering how many normally find their way on the resale sites! Sure it sucks you didn't score tickets but nothing foul here and other than NY and CO they did a great job handling things.  You have a small building, a small tour, and a very high demand.  What I'm seeing is many butt hurt 10C fans who aren't use being on the losing end and many who think it's an unwritten rule that PJ must saturate the Northeast.  I'm pretty sure people in recent years in places like TX, FL and NC would beg to differ when many of the entitled fans were attending multiple shows in NY, Boston,  Philly, and Chicago.
    Just sayin...

See ya in Bmore and St. Louis! 🤘
    Post edited by sean9769 on
    2013 Baltimore
    2016 Philly1 
    2016 Fenway2
    2016 Wrigley 2
    2016 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2016 Temple of the Dog Seattle2
    2017 Soundgarden Detroit   RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 Seattle1
    2018 Seattle2
    2019 Chris Cornell Tribute LA
    2024 Baltimore 

• MS4677MS4677 Posts: 49
    sean9769 said:
    ana_in_dc said:
    You're not alone, backspacer78. I've been in the fan club 24 years, and couldn't get tickets to this show either, through 10c or through Ticketmaster. It's my home show & the first time they've played anywhere local to here in 7 years. It's not right that fans are getting shut out so that bots can buy up the tickets and sketchy individuals can sell them for exorbitant prices on other ticket sites.
    I counted and there's 23 tickets listed which is pretty damn good considering how many normally find their way on the resale sites! Sure it sucks you didn't score tickets but nothing foul here and other than NY and CO they did a great job handling things.  You have a small building, a small tour, and a very high demand.  What I'm seeing is many butt hurt 10C fans who aren't use being on the losing end and many who think it's an unwritten rule that PJ must saturate the Northeast.  I'm pretty sure people in recent years in places like TX, FL and NC would beg to differ when many of the entitled fans were attending multiple shows in NY, Boston,  Philly, and Chicago.
    Just sayin...

See ya in Bmore and St. Louis! 🤘
    Don't be disillusioned.  Stub hub, vivid seats, etc. brokers (bots) control the entire supply and demand by advanced computer programs now.  Making inventory seem low combined with limited shows make for insane demand and people start to borderline panic.  .  Once sold at ridiculous prices, more tickets are pumped in and the cycle continues.  Prices have already gone up at MSQ and CO because tickets have already been purchased 5x face. It's gross 
  • How are tickets even for sale in Baltimore when they are SafeTix and non-transferable?
    Little Tremors
  • Anyone know of more tickets in St. Louis will be made available ? I was verified for pre sale and they sold out while I was waiting. I noticed there are tons of people selling tickets at huge markup. Looks like they created Ticketmaster accounts just to get the tickets and re sale. They literally just sell you the login and password to the account. So the scalpers did not get shut out at all. This is sickening 
  • ana_in_dc said:
    They are simply selling the Ticketmaster login and password. So they got around the no resale nonsense. How the hell were these people able to do this when verified fans got shut out 
  • LC143298LC143298 Toronto Posts: 4
    Does anyone know if who is a 10C member will have some kind of advantage when they open the Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange period? 
    Can't we all just agree that the retinal scan associated with your Ticketmaster account should have to match the retinal scan at the venue of the person using the tickets?  Coming soon...2022?
  • Ticket fire seems to have a lot of tickets to the StLouis show at 5 times face value. 

First, I'm glad I've never heard of Ticket Fire before, and I hope it burns in hell.
    Second, those are bad seats from the public sale, and those should sell for $150-$200 closer to show time.  StL is not MSG.
  • Ticket fire seems to have a lot of tickets to the StLouis show at 5 times face value. 

• afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    As I commented on in another topic..... Ticketmaster needs to start connecting the ticket to the buyer with valid forms of ID(ex: driver’s license, passport, etc.).  If ticket sales worked like airline tickets this scalper problem would be solved.  The TM Fan to fan face value exchange would be the only place for buying/selling and the new buyer could only buy and use the ticket with valid form of ID.  This is foolproof, however it would require more staff at venues to validate tickets and ID.
  • I agree, I would also like to see them go back to in person sales only 
  • ddeschler said:
    First, I'm glad I've never heard of Ticket Fire before, and I hope it burns in hell.
    Second, those are bad seats from the public sale, and those should sell for $150-$200 closer to show time.  StL is not MSG.
    They will not be going on sale closer to show as ticketfire and several other companies bought them up 
  • patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 338
    Asking people for an ID. What a novel concept.
  • afgpj said:
    As I commented on in another topic..... Ticketmaster needs to start connecting the ticket to the buyer with valid forms of ID(ex: driver’s license, passport, etc.).  If ticket sales worked like airline tickets this scalper problem would be solved.  The TM Fan to fan face value exchange would be the only place for buying/selling and the new buyer could only buy and use the ticket with valid form of ID.  This is foolproof, however it would require more staff at venues to validate tickets and ID.
    Then you couldn't buy tickets for friends or try to upgrade if better seats became available.  You'd have to eat tickets if your kids get sick or have a health issue.

Tickets should always be transferable (except fan club).  You buy something.  You own it.  Ten Club has every right to make their tickets fan only, but they're a fan club that charges dues.  A concert ticket is nothing like an airline ticket where you should need to show ID!

Everyone is complaining about the law in New York that allows ticket transfers.  That is for the consumer, not for scalpers.  New York also has a law that tickets can't be resold for more than 10% above face value.  They obviously don't enforce it.  They do enforce the no reselling at Madison Square Garden.  A cop gave me a hard time for trying to sell an extra phish ticket for face during their 13 night run in 2017.

"Reverse scalping" is a problem too that is rarely acknowledged here.  Everyone hates a scalper, but almost everyone is willing to offer a fan less than face if it isn't a sold out show (and tickets are transferable).
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

afgpj said:
    Then you couldn't buy tickets for friends or try to upgrade if better seats became available.  You'd have to eat tickets if your kids get sick or have a health issue.

Tickets should always be transferable (except fan club).  You buy something.  You own it.  Ten Club has every right to make their tickets fan only, but they're a fan club that charges dues.  A concert ticket is nothing like an airline ticket where you should need to show ID!

Everyone is complaining about the law in New York that allows ticket transfers.  That is for the consumer, not for scalpers.  New York also has a law that tickets can't be resold for more than 10% above face value.  They obviously don't enforce it.  They do enforce the no reselling at Madison Square Garden.  A cop gave me a hard time for trying to sell an extra phish ticket for face during their 13 night run in 2017.

"Reverse scalping" is a problem too that is rarely acknowledged here.  Everyone hates a scalper, but almost everyone is willing to offer a fan less than face if it isn't a sold out show (and tickets are transferable).
    No, they don't. 
  • afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    afgpj said:

You could still buy for friends and family just like you book airline tickets for them.  The fan to fan exchange would solve for times when someone can’t go and you need to resell a ticket.
  • ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:

No, they don't. 
    https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/ticket-scalping-lawyers.html

Maybe they changed it, but I've seen that information on more reputable sites.  I'm not going to read NY law sites all day though or argue.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:

No, they don't. 

Maybe they changed it, but I've seen that information on more reputable sites.  I'm not going to read NY law sites all day though or argue.
    No need. They used to have a limit on markup. https://ag.ny.gov/pdfs/Ticket_Sales_Report.pdf

• ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    afgpj said:

No, they don't. 

No need. They used to have a limit on markup. https://ag.ny.gov/pdfs/Ticket_Sales_Report.pdf

Well there it is.  I knew I wasn't imagining it, but they didn't seem to enforce it anyway.  I've seen Phish dozens of times at MSG since 1997.  It's always a pain to get tickets and deal with everything, but it's always worth it.  
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• afgpj said:
    afgpj said:

You could still buy for friends and family just like you book airline tickets for them.  The fan to fan exchange would solve for times when someone can’t go and you need to resell a ticket.
    The fan to fan thing is great because it stops scalping and reverse scalping, gives fans who bought tickets an out, and gives fans who missed out a chance.

I remember selling tickets to night 4 and 5 of Phish's 13 night run for under cost because that's what demand was.  The next night people seemed to realize that Phish wasn't going to repeat any songs all 13 nights.  Then ticket prices shot through the roof.  It was insane.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• The fan to fan sale is already being exploited. You pay people under the table and they agree to sell face value on the exchange. It’s all garbage and ways around all of it 
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 335
    Kane6676 said:
    The fan to fan sale is already being exploited. You pay people under the table and they agree to sell face value on the exchange. It’s all garbage and ways around all of it 
    But the amount of work for this just make it worth it for most scalpers. If tickets were sold the normal way(s), there would be so many more tickets on the scalpers site. 100x as many. I'm betting 99% of the tickets sold went to fans first. That's unheard of. So I thank PJ for getting more tickets and making it a lot harder for scalpers to make a buck off the shows.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22