Donald Trump

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    OnWis97 said:
    It's amazing the lengths people will go to to protect something that helps them (or is perceived as such).  

The same people who lost their minds over Obama's "coffee cup salute" just let all of Trump's blatant disrespect slide.  Trump is the absolute epitome of (to paraphrase Colonel Nathan R. Jessup) a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of military protection but cannot muster appreciation for it.  

The coffee cup salute was a moment where Obama, a very smart man, was not very wise.  But it doesn't hold a candle to "I like soldiers that don't get captured."
    we're getting the same type of conservative faux outrage here. Trudeau was in Winnipeg and went to a local donut shop that *gasp* costs more than Tim's, and some people on the right (i.e: trudeau haters) are losing their minds over it. 

But didn't care that their candidate in the last election lied about the previous jobs and designations he claimed he had but lied about. the hypocrisy is astounding. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    OnWis97 said:
    It's amazing the lengths people will go to to protect something that helps them (or is perceived as such).  

The same people who lost their minds over Obama's "coffee cup salute" just let all of Trump's blatant disrespect slide.  Trump is the absolute epitome of (to paraphrase Colonel Nathan R. Jessup) a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of military protection but cannot muster appreciation for it.  

The coffee cup salute was a moment where Obama, a very smart man, was not very wise.  But it doesn't hold a candle to "I like soldiers that don't get captured."
    we're getting the same type of conservative faux outrage here. Trudeau was in Winnipeg and went to a local donut shop that *gasp* costs more than Tim's, and some people on the right (i.e: trudeau haters) are losing their minds over it. 

But didn't care that their candidate in the last election lied about the previous jobs and designations he claimed he had but lied about. the hypocrisy is astounding. 
    So wait, the conservatives are outraged that Trudeau supported a local small business rather than the giant multinational chain?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,649
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

So wait, the conservatives are outraged that Trudeau supported a local small business rather than the giant multinational chain?
    yep. but I am apparently "not getting it". they SAY they are outraged at his flaunting of spending tax payer money when he, at the same time, is telling canadians who are struggling to make better choices with their money (specifically about food). I call BS on that one. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,082
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

yep. but I am apparently "not getting it". they SAY they are outraged at his flaunting of spending tax payer money when he, at the same time, is telling canadians who are struggling to make better choices with their money (specifically about food). I call BS on that one. 
    Hahahaha that's hilarious.  People and their outrage! Don;t focus on the big stuff...but the donuts...man those donuts set Canada back $10!
    hippiemom = goodness
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Hahahaha that's hilarious.  People and their outrage! Don;t focus on the big stuff...but the donuts...man those donuts set Canada back $10!
    Right, I just read a quick article on it that had an interview with teh owner.  She said that if a person were to buy a dozen of their most expensive donuts, it could be $47 a dozen, however Trudeau just bought normal donuts.  
    God, I hate twitter.  And people.  And people on twitter.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Right, I just read a quick article on it that had an interview with teh owner.  She said that if a person were to buy a dozen of their most expensive donuts, it could be $47 a dozen, however Trudeau just bought normal donuts.  
    shit , I bought two several weeks ago and paid $6....

fucking good.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

fucking good.......
    you were in winnipeg?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

now now, don't over generalize, there, MR! I'm a person on twitter, and I'm rather fabulous.  =)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

fucking good.......
    you were in winnipeg?
    nope. food truck, selling the wares from a baking space near me.....

Tupelo Doughnuts

I cannot believe CNN ran with this. it's on their front fucking page. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/politics/justin-trudeau-doughnut-shop-prices/index.html
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

now now, don't over generalize, there, MR! I'm a person on twitter, and I'm rather fabulous.  =)
    Present 10c company excluded, obviously... doi...
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/politics/justin-trudeau-doughnut-shop-prices/index.html
    That's funny, I haven't heard the story. First I heard of it was here. But I'm not on social media and I get my local news from commies (CBC).
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    dignin said:

That's funny, I haven't heard the story. First I heard of it was here. But I'm not on social media and I get my local news from commies (CBC).
    Yes, I’ve only heard about it here. I read my local paper online (takes five minutes, that’s the only place I can find out things like when protestors will be closing a bridge into downtown ;) ) and CBC online, no mention of the great doughnut controversy. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • So much winning. What do we need scientists for, anyway?

In the first two years of the Trump administration, more than 1,600 federal scientists left government

By Annie Gowen, Juliet Eilperin, Ben Guarino and Andrew Ba Tran ●  Read more » 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    is THIS where we are?  Are they armed with LIES and PERJURY?

Trump's lawyers are poised to demolish the Democrats' case

https://lite.cnn.io/en/article/h_ab87f7fa2d6880c57d79631093bb6fcf

Editor's Note: Alice Stewart is a CNN political commentator, a resident fellow at the Harvard University's Institute of Politics and former communications director for Ted Cruz for President. The views expressed in this commentary belong to the author. 

(CNN) - A clear constitutional showdown is unfolding in the impeachment trial of President Donald Trump. House managers continue to curate a narrative in support of their articles of impeachment -- abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. And despite House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's desire for impeachment to be "overwhelming and bipartisan," the Senate trial continues to be anything but.

While Democrats say Trump abused his power for personal gain -- that he put himself before the interests of the country -- Republicans argue Democrats are abusing their power in an attempt to reverse the results of the 2016 election. Their motive, conservatives reason, is to overturn the will of the people.

Nothing has been presented in the Senate trial to change that. This process is partisan and lacks legitimacy.

Case in point: Democratic Rep. Jerrold Nadler laid out a legal argument for impeaching the President. In support of his argument, he played video clips from a trio of Democrat-appointed constitutional law scholars who testified before the House Judiciary Committee last year.

Nadler started with Professor Michael Gerhardt, who said Congress should not give Trump a pass, adding, "If what we're talking about is not impeachable, then nothing is impeachable."

Nadler followed that with a clip from Harvard scholar Noah Feldman, who said, "Waiting for the next election wasn't good enough."

And the third legal clip was of Professor Pamela Karlan, who cited the need for impeachment after she claimed Trump tried to steal the 2020 election by inviting foreign interference. She added that "elections matter -- both to the legitimacy of our government and to all our individual freedoms."

The problem with presenting just these three scholars: It ignores those who disagree, and it gives the White House legal team ample opportunity to present the counter legal arguments in its opening statements this weekend. No doubt, they will remind senators of the testimony of Professor Jonathan Turley, the Republican-appointed legal scholar who testified before the same House committee and reached an entirely different conclusion.

Turley acknowledged that Trump's July 25 phone call with the President of Ukraine was "problematic," but impeachment is not the proper remedy -- and this partisan process, he said, was wrong. He asked, "will a slipshod impeachment make us less mad or will it only give an invitation for the madness to follow in every future administration?"

Of course, Nadler neglected to mention that point Thursday -- or to even engage with any of the potential counter arguments. He also didn't mention the partisan nature of the current slipshod impeachment process. And Nadler didn't mention his own 1998 statement during President Bill Clinton's impeachment proceedings that "a narrowly-voted impeachment ... would lack legitimacy."

But that's the beauty of this Senate trial. The White House legal team will have their time to point all this out. And Trump's attorney, Jay Sekulow, is ready to make the case that "it's really absurd" to say the President's actions reach the level of impeachment.

Now, Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff and his fellow House managers have done a solid job presenting the case they have. But it has not moved the needle. As Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham referred to it, Schiff is taking the evidence and "creating a quilt out of it."

But the President's lawyers soon have the opportunity to, as Graham puts it, "pull a thread there and see if it holds up." And the fact is Senate Republicans continue to maintain a united front against impeachment and removal from office. Unless there is a new blanket of information, the Senate scales of justice will side on acquittal.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,204
    mrussel1 said:
    Smellyman said:
    I don't  like American soldiers that have been injured in war type situations....

Yet the indoctrinated deep red soldiers won't vote blue.  95% of them anyway.

That's not true.  His approval rating in underwater with the military the last poll I saw from the Military Times. 
    I saw that too, but the headline still read, "but better than Obama"...so dumb.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • ikiT said:
    is THIS where we are?  Are they armed with LIES and PERJURY?

Trump's lawyers are poised to demolish the Democrats' case

https://lite.cnn.io/en/article/h_ab87f7fa2d6880c57d79631093bb6fcf

Editor's Note: Alice Stewart is a CNN political commentator, a resident fellow at the Harvard University's Institute of Politics and former communications director for Ted Cruz for President. The views expressed in this commentary belong to the author. 

(CNN) - A clear constitutional showdown is unfolding in the impeachment trial of President Donald Trump. House managers continue to curate a narrative in support of their articles of impeachment -- abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. And despite House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's desire for impeachment to be "overwhelming and bipartisan," the Senate trial continues to be anything but.

While Democrats say Trump abused his power for personal gain -- that he put himself before the interests of the country -- Republicans argue Democrats are abusing their power in an attempt to reverse the results of the 2016 election. Their motive, conservatives reason, is to overturn the will of the people.

Nothing has been presented in the Senate trial to change that. This process is partisan and lacks legitimacy.

Case in point: Democratic Rep. Jerrold Nadler laid out a legal argument for impeaching the President. In support of his argument, he played video clips from a trio of Democrat-appointed constitutional law scholars who testified before the House Judiciary Committee last year.

Nadler started with Professor Michael Gerhardt, who said Congress should not give Trump a pass, adding, "If what we're talking about is not impeachable, then nothing is impeachable."

Nadler followed that with a clip from Harvard scholar Noah Feldman, who said, "Waiting for the next election wasn't good enough."

And the third legal clip was of Professor Pamela Karlan, who cited the need for impeachment after she claimed Trump tried to steal the 2020 election by inviting foreign interference. She added that "elections matter -- both to the legitimacy of our government and to all our individual freedoms."

The problem with presenting just these three scholars: It ignores those who disagree, and it gives the White House legal team ample opportunity to present the counter legal arguments in its opening statements this weekend. No doubt, they will remind senators of the testimony of Professor Jonathan Turley, the Republican-appointed legal scholar who testified before the same House committee and reached an entirely different conclusion.

Turley acknowledged that Trump's July 25 phone call with the President of Ukraine was "problematic," but impeachment is not the proper remedy -- and this partisan process, he said, was wrong. He asked, "will a slipshod impeachment make us less mad or will it only give an invitation for the madness to follow in every future administration?"

Of course, Nadler neglected to mention that point Thursday -- or to even engage with any of the potential counter arguments. He also didn't mention the partisan nature of the current slipshod impeachment process. And Nadler didn't mention his own 1998 statement during President Bill Clinton's impeachment proceedings that "a narrowly-voted impeachment ... would lack legitimacy."

But that's the beauty of this Senate trial. The White House legal team will have their time to point all this out. And Trump's attorney, Jay Sekulow, is ready to make the case that "it's really absurd" to say the President's actions reach the level of impeachment.

Now, Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff and his fellow House managers have done a solid job presenting the case they have. But it has not moved the needle. As Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham referred to it, Schiff is taking the evidence and "creating a quilt out of it."

But the President's lawyers soon have the opportunity to, as Graham puts it, "pull a thread there and see if it holds up." And the fact is Senate Republicans continue to maintain a united front against impeachment and removal from office. Unless there is a new blanket of information, the Senate scales of justice will side on acquittal.
    Somebody please tell this “resident at Harvard” that it’s not the dems’ job to put up the defense. And it’s interesting that the defense will be over the weekend when next to no one will watch or listen. It’s an exercise in sound bite creation. The repubs should just rest their case and schedule the vote. They’re not fooling anyone. What a joke.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    I don't  like soldiers who get brain injuries from missile explosions in a war type situation. 

34 US service members diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after Iranian missile strike https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/politics/34-injuries-iran-missile-strike/index.html
    I don't  like soldiers who get brain injuries from missile explosions in a war type situation. 

34 US service members diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after Iranian missile strike https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/politics/34-injuries-iran-missile-strike/index.html
    no no no. Its just headaches. not a big deal.... they're fine....... said the precedent

• I don't  like soldiers who get brain injuries from missile explosions in a war type situation. 

This should be a campaign ad. Him stating there were no injuries and then showing this. Ads in Stars and Stripes and heavy rotation in cities with a large military presence. Every ten minutes from 3:00 to 11:00. Every damn day. Interspersed with ads detailing his robbing of military funds to pay for the border wall and no changes at the VA. On top of his denigration of John McCain and the deceased Medal of Honor winner and his parents. Would you follow this man into battle? POS and, I wonder how many of those missiles were Russian made?

Brilliantati©
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    More lies from this POS.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,149
    looks like there is audio of trump saying "get rid of her" in regards to ambassador to ukraine.

there are receipts for everything with this guy...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    looks like there is audio of trump saying "get rid of her" in regards to ambassador to ukraine.

He also said "take her out"... Very scary stuff. He acts like a mobster.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,943
    Today Lindsay Graham said that he didn't support getting Hunter Biden to testify because it wasn't relevant to the issue.  Odd....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Today Lindsay Graham said that he didn't support getting Hunter Biden to testify because it wasn't relevant to the issue.  Odd....
    Changing his stance like the wind changes direction. You don’t say?

Brilliantati©
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,943

Que the GOP stating that "he is the president, he can remove anyone he wants" rather than addressing the obvious
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Today Lindsay Graham said that he didn't support getting Hunter Biden to testify because it wasn't relevant to the issue.  Odd....
    His earlier thought/opinion just kind of fluttered away, eh? :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Kat said:
    His earlier thought/opinion just kind of fluttered away, eh? :)

He needs to be buttonholed up against a wall and pressed hard about those fluttering opinions. The repub senators need to be called out until they have angry outbursts. It’ll make great campaign ads for the fall, among other things.

Brilliantati©
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,149
    Kat said:

He also said "take her out"... Very scary stuff. He acts like a mobster.
    i expect nothing else from trump. he has reportedly been mob connected his whole life.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
This discussion has been closed.