Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    the belly.  LOVE the belly!

and what am i thinking?  how FUCKING AWESOME that a dear friend i met here YEARS AGO is -  just offered me his spare 10c ticket for MSG.  i am SO fortunate to know some beautiful souls - many of them because of this band we all adore.

ALL the feels right now.
    How awesome! :triumph:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    deadendp said:

and what am i thinking?  how FUCKING AWESOME that a dear friend i met here YEARS AGO is -  just offered me his spare 10c ticket for MSG.  i am SO fortunate to know some beautiful souls - many of them because of this band we all adore.

ALL the feels right now.
    IT IS!
    apparently i  shared my 10c tix with him back in 2006.  who remembers?  hahahaha.  glad not all have succumbed to age-related dementia as i apparently have. ;)  and yes, please, do not take offense to my joke - i know all too well dementia is no joke and i don't have it ... yet.  :s

and still thinking about how fortunate i am.
    also thinking, thanks to a member on this board - RATM 09.21.20 apparently somewhere in NYC!  :o
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    So thrilled for you!!! Pearl Jam fans rock!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hedonist said:
    curious to see if i get my tix to MSG.  also, mr. dream booked a trip to asheville NC AFTER we already put in for 2 tix for MSG so while i want my tix - i'm happy they will have the TM fan-to-fan sale to get rid of my extra! (at least i hope i'll have an extra! 10c never got back to me about my possible "name" issue with the pre-sale - where is my confirmation?!)
    well got my answer.  ouch.

WOW.  denied.  my one show request.  my home town show.  total bummer.  in the scheme of things, first time ever shut out so really, very fortunate.  beyond that, as much as i love PJ, and i so do - so much so that i've seen them 45+ times in 7 countries ... in the end, it's just a concert.  big bummer though. 
    i don't know if it's possible, but i don't understand how some can get 4-6 shows they put in for, and people who put in for one get nothing. i can appreciate how much work they do to make sure fans get the tickets without having to pay scalpers, but man, this would be tough to swallow for me. 
    There are a fuckload of threads about this on the Porch. 
    I'm sorry. I didn't realize I couldn't state what was on my mind in the what's on your mind thread. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    curious to see if i get my tix to MSG.  also, mr. dream booked a trip to asheville NC AFTER we already put in for 2 tix for MSG so while i want my tix - i'm happy they will have the TM fan-to-fan sale to get rid of my extra! (at least i hope i'll have an extra! 10c never got back to me about my possible "name" issue with the pre-sale - where is my confirmation?!)

WOW.  denied.  my one show request.  my home town show.  total bummer.  in the scheme of things, first time ever shut out so really, very fortunate.  beyond that, as much as i love PJ, and i so do - so much so that i've seen them 45+ times in 7 countries ... in the end, it's just a concert.  big bummer though. 
    i don't know if it's possible, but i don't understand how some can get 4-6 shows they put in for, and people who put in for one get nothing. i can appreciate how much work they do to make sure fans get the tickets without having to pay scalpers, but man, this would be tough to swallow for me. 
    I'm sorry. I didn't realize I couldn't state what was on my mind in the what's on your mind thread. 
    Well that wasn't my intent.  I meant, there is (was?) a party - multiple ones! - over there for the miffed.

You wanna vent about it here instead?  Go for it.

Fuck knows I've done my share of bitching.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

Well that wasn't my intent.  I meant, there is (was?) a party - multiple ones! - over there for the miffed.

your intent was what, then, exactly?

I wasn't miffed. Nor was it venting. Feel bad for those that got shut out. Just happened to be thinking about it. it doesn't affect me. I didn't feel like joining the bitching, which is why I posted it here. 

and I didn't consider decides2dream's post bitching either. quite the opposite. 

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    deadendp said:

ALL the feels right now.
    IT IS!
    apparently i  shared my 10c tix with him back in 2006.  who remembers?  hahahaha.  glad not all have succumbed to age-related dementia as i apparently have. ;)  and yes, please, do not take offense to my joke - i know all too well dementia is no joke and i don't have it ... yet.  :s

and still thinking about how fortunate i am.
    also thinking, thanks to a member on this board - RATM 09.21.20 apparently somewhere in NYC!  :o
    so glad to see your post ended up with this result. good for you. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

I wasn't miffed. Nor was it venting. Feel bad for those that got shut out. Just happened to be thinking about it. it doesn't affect me. I didn't feel like joining the bitching, which is why I posted it here. 

Sheesh, my response said that...I commented on a comment with what I thought was a helpful hint.

Never mind then.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

Sheesh, my response said that...I commented on a comment with what I thought was a helpful hint.

Never mind then.
    hedo, your response seemed quite salty to me. not "helpful" (especially since it would be painfully obvious to anyone here that there are multiple threads). and again, I wasn't "bitching". 

sheesh indeed. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Jedi, :hug:
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    Jedi, :hug:
    Backatcha, sister!

Hugh, you see “salty” and I see it another way. So be it; just let it go. 
  • Options
     :| 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,449
    Dance!
  • Options
    Panorama shot messed up?
    :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Good guess! Haha. 95-96 West Coast - New Years rave camcorder. Don't wanna trigger you, but if you saw someone walking a puppet dog - trust me, you were on E.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,484
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Neurotransmitters 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Came across some old private messages from two beloved friends.  They were with me on the old Sony BBS back in the late '90's...even witnessing (encouraging?!) the start of a 20+ year love between myself and another board member (now my husband :) ).

I miss you, @brokenarrow and @PJMom!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Brad Savage from 91.3 The Summit played DOTC today.  He said it was from the upcoming album from Pearl Jam called, "Gigantor."  
    :anguished: Oh, Brad.  

(That's for you, Kathryn! :lol:

Brad is kind of an idiot. Same guy who announced the wrong dates for a Jim James concert in CLE a year or so ago. Kept saying that Pixies "Head Carrier" was "the first proper album since Doolittle." (Never mind that there were 3 full albums, a greatest hits, Live at the BBC and The Purple Tape, which I believe might be considered an EP.) 

Now it is just a pause in the workday to see what else Brad will screw up. 
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • Options
    At least he didn't call it "Giggety" =)

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Give him time. 
  • Options
    httpsgallerymailchimpcom7923dfc3abe0b6b57d86a025fimages78b17548-1e6f-4ebc-b312-b13e3bb37020gif
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,484
    Must visit Madrid for this..
    https://youtu.be/zVuwlVfZjlE
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    My dad - I miss him.

It's odd how some people just come to mind out of the blue.

Those good memories brought a smile...still are, in fact.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    My dad - I miss him.

You are a good soul. Love to you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    My dad - I miss him.

:hug:
  • Options
    You two :blush:
  • Options
    Is anyone afraid of travel due to the Coronavirus? I'm worried about my upcoming springbreak Disney cruise... and thinking a car might be better than the metro in Paris?