What is your Holy Grail for PJ collecting?

Comments

• LeMarco said:
    I’d love the Jack Daniels promo set.  One can wish, lol.
    They are a good one to want.  Welcome!
  • LeMarcoLeMarco Posts: 94
    Thank you!  Seems like good people here!
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    Reeenk anyone?
  • LeMarco said:
    Thank you!  Seems like good people here!
    Some are @dankind sucks though.  Stay away from that guy...
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    I am thinking about offering my Reeenk Roink for sale, but I think the price I need is way to much for the board. I absolutely prefer for it to go to someone here. If I post it on the bay i will ask 3,500.00 and let it sit and see what happens. Here around 3 which is less than I paid for it. 
    I will send pics if anyone on this thread is interested. Wait a few days then post on lost dogs I guess. Depends on the feedback here. Go from here. ty

Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • densan said:
    I am thinking about offering my Reeenk Roink for sale, but I think the price I need is way to much for the board. I absolutely prefer for it to go to someone here. If I post it on the bay i will ask 3,500.00 and let it sit and see what happens. Here around 3 which is less than I paid for it. 
    I will send pics if anyone on this thread is interested. Wait a few days then post on lost dogs I guess. Depends on the feedback here. Go from here. ty

Stick to ebay for auctions and fishing.  If you want it to go to a fan then sell it for what you got it for.

I'll give you $1000.
    edited January 2020
    From you I would take it. Normally money is not important. This time it is. I think you are right. Hard to explain. It is PJ. ugh, :)
    Post edited by densan on
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • densan said:
    From you I would take it. Normally money is not important. This time it is. I think you are right. I get to wrapped up in offending my long time friends here. Hard to explain. It is PJ. ugh, :)
    I would LOVE to give you a grand for it.  It would be framed and hung on my wall forever.  Just sayin.  Don't go to the bay...
    your right
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    Pics of the reeenk?
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    @jushooks I feel your pain. I had a flood last year and a bunch of my PJ poster and records were destroyed. I'm choked at your old man, too. lol. Geeeeeez.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    All this reeenk roink chat got me all fluttered.. I've just spent an hour gushing over the new single and now i'm gushing even more over all this RR chit chat hahah.
    Please post pics.
    $1001

LOL
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • densan said:
    your right
    Let me be completely honest that I am sure it is worth more than $1000.

If I got one for that I would be happy.  Very happy actually.

Poor Densan's email must be filling up right about now?
  • Sometimes  its not about money .
    Its about the item finding  a home that  truely is where it belongs. And the joy that can bring.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Sometimes  its not about money .
    Its about the item finding  a home that  truely is where it belongs. And the joy that can bring.
    I'd like to get rid of most everything else and would love to have that piece.  To me that or one of the cassettes is the pinnacle of PJ provenance.
    edited January 2020
    Sometimes  its not about money .
    This person definitely gets it.
    Who I secured my grail from mattered everything as well as where it goes. Me, I wanted the jacket, and a clean disc, from a board member  was a bonus. I got it here in 2014. I am the third owner. I was offered 3,500. by someone, but didn't take $ for several reasons. I was supposed to be the 4ever hm, so it being signed "To Scott" is part of its history. Of no concern for me. Almost 30 yrs old. That is hard to wrap my head around.
    Might as well share. :blush:

• densan said:
    Who I secured my grail from mattered everything as well as where it goes. Me, I wanted the jacket, and a clean disc, from a board member  was a bonus. I got it here in 2014. I am the third owner. I was offered 3,500. by someone, but didn't take $ for several reasons. I was supposed to be the 4ever hm, so it being signed "To Scott" is part of its history. Of no concern for me. Almost 30 yrs old. That is hard to wrap my head around.

OMG you have the one that Stone signed!

I remember reading about this.

You shouldn't sell this.  As a matter of fact if you offered it to me I wouldn't take it.  You need to keep this!

It also tells the meaning of reeenk roink!!!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    densan said:

wow, cool. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    densan said:

You shouldn't sell this.  As a matter of fact if you offered it to me I wouldn't take it.  You need to keep this!

Now THIS GUY gets it! 👍 Never met him, but he's a good dude. 

He'll be a better dude, in fact he will be the best dude, when he sends me a JD promotion kit or the Ten basketball hoop & ball promotion set. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Is that jeffs  sig
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Is that jeffs  sig
    Yes it is!

Story goes that the OG owner brought it to Jeff to sign and told the story of what Reenk Roink meant.  When someone screwed up/messed up they would make that sound "reeenk roink"

The inscription said "it's ok to mess up".

I might be able to find the story somewhere on here but someone may have faster fingers than I.
  • Its  a great thing 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    densan said:
    cmalisze said:
    My newest grail...Reeenk Roink! Anyone?
    You have everything I thought. I have one if you ever want to chat. 
    Forget him, lol.  I'm interested.
    What's it go for these days?
    Not sure?  I'm only paying a G.
    Since it’s been awhile , I will say I got 1800 for mine
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
     This is is way different than mine with the story so I would think should get more than I did 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Well, this thread got my to waste some money on the 6 single set. Good deal on the big hole set, so what the hell..lol Had some shelf space that needed dust collectors..lol
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    My grail is a pair to msg 2020. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Would love one/ both of the PJ enamel mugs (not the LB ones). I gave the one guys selling them on eBay a reasonable Best Offer and didn’t even get a decline.

There’s a purple VS on eBay? 

Also a s/n AP Vedder batmobile poster currently at $3.25 (yes, three dollars).
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Would love one/ both of the PJ enamel mugs (not the LB ones). I gave the one guys selling them on eBay a reasonable Best Offer and didn’t even get a decline.

PM sent
  • Would love one/ both of the PJ enamel mugs (not the LB ones). I gave the one guys selling them on eBay a reasonable Best Offer and didn’t even get a decline.

PM sent
    densan said:

Now THIS GUY gets it! 👍 Never met him, but he's a good dude. 

He'll be a better dude, in fact he will be the best dude, when he sends me a JD promotion kit or the Ten basketball hoop & ball promotion set. 
    the basketball set is my grail. Orange and green with the hoop. How much are they worth?