What is your Holy Grail for PJ collecting?

Comments

• fookiefookie Posts: 251
    On my wall
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    Nice! What's that foil to the left @fookie
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,404
    fookie said:
    On my wall

That's one of mine as well.  Gorgeous!
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    One of my grails has been a band signed poster from a show that I attended. Got one today!

Nice score!!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    One of my grails has been a band signed poster from a show that I attended. Got one today!

see how happy this guy is @Gern Blansten? this is the hero you want to be. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited April 2021

Wow congrats!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    edited April 2021

Wow congrats!
    Thanks! If anybody's grail is a band signed Ian Williams Boston '18, I have one available. Just sayin'....
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847

Wow congrats!
    Thanks! If anybody's grail is a band signed Ian Williams Boston '18, I have one available. Just sayin'....
    Shut up Dana...
  • Love to have a chief foil or Seattle 98 but I like my kid and limbs too much! 
    edited April 2021
    Post edited by Guy Dudebro on
  • DamiensDamiens Posts: 766
    Loujoe said:
    Damiens said:
    My grail I'm not even sure if it really exists or not, I've heard people mention it but have never seen it online or anywhere.  I'm looking for video from the 10/18/2000 Lubbock show (beyond Parting Ways that was featured in Touring Band).  Specifically I'm looking for any video of Yellow Ledbetter that closed the show, EV pulled my wife up on stage for the song, would love any video of that if it's out there somewhere...
    Wow. Cool moment! Did she snag anything from the stage?

I know 2000 was a little before the tambourine explosion. I got one of the two or three tamborines from 2000 AZ show!!!(then gave it back to the person it was intended for!)  But I did score a super dirty look from ev for grabbing it straight out of his hand...can't take that memory from me.
    Ed took a poloroid with her and gave her a bottle of wine, poloroid still framed up with the show poster for sure!  I've never been able to catch a tambourine just lack the jumping skills and hand eye coordination.
  • DamiensDamiens Posts: 766
    FiveBelow said:
    Damiens said:
    My grail I'm not even sure if it really exists or not, I've heard people mention it but have never seen it online or anywhere.  I'm looking for video from the 10/18/2000 Lubbock show (beyond Parting Ways that was featured in Touring Band).  Specifically I'm looking for any video of Yellow Ledbetter that closed the show, EV pulled my wife up on stage for the song, would love any video of that if it's out there somewhere...
    All I have is the memory, hope you are able to find something. I do miss going to a show without 15,000 tiny screens staring at everyone, though.

Edit: I may still have the article that was written in the AJ about the show and I am pretty sure it mentions her name. Not sure if you are interested in a tattered piece of paper, but if you are I can look for it.
    Oh man I'd be down for a scan of the article if you find it, I bet she'd get a kick out of that!  Thanks man!
    Damiens said:
    Loujoe said:
    Damiens said:
    Wow. Cool moment! Did she snag anything from the stage?

I know 2000 was a little before the tambourine explosion. I got one of the two or three tamborines from 2000 AZ show!!!(then gave it back to the person it was intended for!)  But I did score a super dirty look from ev for grabbing it straight out of his hand...can't take that memory from me.
    Ed took a poloroid with her and gave her a bottle of wine, poloroid still framed up with the show poster for sure!  I've never been able to catch a tambourine just lack the jumping skills and hand eye coordination.
    So wild!
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    Damiens said:
    FiveBelow said:
    Damiens said:
    All I have is the memory, hope you are able to find something. I do miss going to a show without 15,000 tiny screens staring at everyone, though.

Edit: I may still have the article that was written in the AJ about the show and I am pretty sure it mentions her name. Not sure if you are interested in a tattered piece of paper, but if you are I can look for it.
    Oh man I'd be down for a scan of the article if you find it, I bet she'd get a kick out of that!  Thanks man!
    Found the article, but it does not mention her being serenaded like I thought it did. Sorry for the false hope. 

• nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    @Damiens - could it be worth hitting the newspaper up and seeing if they have pictures of the show at least?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited April 2021
    my local newspaper has an archival subscription that you can look up and print off any article in its history. maybe yours does too? also our main local library has all major newspapers digitized of their entire history. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    Newspapers.com has a monthly subscription that will allow you to search just about every major newspaper in the country going back a long time.  Like hundreds of years in some cases.   I think it’s like $19 a month.  I did it while researching our family tree a few years ago.  It was well worth it... I did it for month and downloaded like crazy and then cancelled. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    Newspapers.com has a monthly subscription that will allow you to search just about every major newspaper in the country going back a long time.  Like hundreds of years in some cases.   I think it’s like $19 a month.  I did it while researching our family tree a few years ago.  It was well worth it... I did it for month and downloaded like crazy and then cancelled. 
    I would have had you pull the article when I won the Triple Jump contest @ MacArthur park...
  • SweetDaddyLouSweetDaddyLou Posts: 1,186
    on2legs said:
    I would have had you pull the article when I won the Triple Jump contest @ MacArthur park...
    Which socks were you wearing when you got awarded your gold medal? 
    on2legs said:
    I saw the video you posted on YouTube.  It was amazing 🤩 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,693
    Post the link. I must see this flying new yorker 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    Swallowed whole deck. Anyone?
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    I saw the video you posted on YouTube.  It was amazing 🤩 
    Post the link. I must see this flying new yorker 
    He's kidding, no video exists of my jumping prowess.
    Do tell. Nice to have to proud moment to share. BMX? Motorcycle?
    Loujoe said:
    Do tell. Nice to have to proud moment to share. BMX? Motorcycle?
    Triple jump as in the track and field competition.  I did BMX/flatland too along w skating.  Would have to dig that stuff up from the vault though, lol!
    Chris is the G.O.A.T. of the triple jump! 🏃‍♂️ 

• Where do people find these band signed prints?

Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1