Comments

• VsVs Posts: 76
    maybe a 45 minutes album
  • TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,214
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    wow, so no Can't Deny Me on the record. very interesting. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

at least one of those songs has been performed by Ed solo. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Um, CD bundle, shipping to Canada...  I'm not on the fucking moon.  That was the cheap option.  The expensive one was $77.  Yeah, I'm pissed.  I think I've paid less to ship box sets of concerts boots.  

Um, CD bundle, shipping to Canada...  I'm not on the fucking moon.  That was the cheap option.  The expensive one was $77.  Yeah, I'm pissed.  I think I've paid less to ship box sets of concerts boots.  

shipping to canada from 10C is horrendously stupid. I buy local every time now. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I made a comment in one of the other threads but in my opinion the album is excessively expensive here in the UK. Ranging from £35 - £40 before postage. Thats the equivalent of $45.50 - $52 USD.
  • petted101petted101 Posts: 188
    FR181798 said:
    I made a comment in one of the other threads but in my opinion the album is excessively expensive here in the UK. Ranging from £35 - £40 before postage. Thats the equivalent of $45.50 - $52 USD.
    This is correct. How can they justify charging £35 in the UK for the same thing that costs $35 in the US?

Still better then the Live at easy street EP. I paid £35 at my local while in the US it was $20-$25.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    :rock_on::peace:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • wheelzwheelz Posts: 26
    edited January 2020
    Vs said:
    maybe a 45 minutes album
    I'm wondering as well. For comparison, The Raconteurs last album is 12 tracks, 41 minutes and fit on a single LP, but there are only three songs on that album longer than 4 minutes. Binaural and the Avacado are each 13 tracks and with Binaural being 52 minutes and Avacado is 49 minuted and those are both on 4-sided LPs. So, your guess of 45 minutes for Gigaton seems about right. I found this article which explains the considerations for mastering how many tracks to try and fit on an LP.
    Post edited by wheelz on
    East Lansing 98, Detroit 00, Detroit 03, Detroit 06, Chicago 09, EV Detroit 11, Wrigley Field 13
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    ^^^That little Snippet sounds promising to me.^^^

Lets HOPE !
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Sounds like Frusciante!
    sounds like a drum machine
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I don't know, the song names aren't grabbing me right now. Seems like they are trying too hard. Hope their actual sound does though. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
    yeah, I find the song titles to be very odd. hopefully that's all it is! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergs said:
    I don't know, the song names aren't grabbing me right now. Seems like they are trying too hard. Hope their actual sound does though. 
    Weird comment...prejudging and saying a band is "trying too hard" based on song titles is super weird
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    Did anyone else get redirected by pearljam.com to universalmusic to preorder the vinyl bundle shortly after the announcement? No matter what I did I couldn’t get to the 10c shop. 
    So I figured that was how it was with that agreement PJ and universal signed 3-4 years ago.  Now I can buy it directly from 10c. What happened there? 
    After currency conversion and customs it’s probably the same cost, but why was I being redirected to the universal music website earlier, but now I can preorder from the ten club? 
    You could always do both, but the link on the home page took you to region specific stores. Nothing to stop you ordering from any of them (if you got the URL). You had to click through to the website/10C shop to order from there.
  • For all those saying that it sounds like a drum machine, you are correct. Matt IS a machine. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    For all those saying that it sounds like a drum machine, you are correct. Matt IS a machine. 
    :clap:
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    For all those saying that it sounds like a drum machine, you are correct. Matt IS a machine. 
    Very true! I doubt it’s a DM.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    I think the part Simmons played was a drum machine though
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited January 2020
    mshnayder said:
    tbergs said:
    Weird comment...prejudging and saying a band is "trying too hard" based on song titles is super weird
    Hmmm, weird, I commented on what it seemed like to me based off nothing more than the names. So what? Reminded me of some of the multiple word song names off the last few albums I didn't really think were that great. Like I said, hope the connection sounds natural and the lyrics shine through.

It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    mshnayder said:
    tbergs said:
    Hmmm, weird, I commented on what it seemed like to me based off nothing more than the names. So what? Reminded me of some of the multiple word song names off the last few albums I didn't really think were that great. Like I said, hope the connection sounds natural and the lyrics shine through.

they remind me of the names band give songs before they are named. but again, all these songs could be killer. who knows. it's just fun to discuss this stuff again. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BeenerBeener Posts: 22
    Clairvoyants is fantastic!! I hope the entire album is as experimental.
    Wow.