Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Hey Tim, just wanted to let you know that I put in for four shows (Toronto, Baltimore, Oak 1&2) for the lottery and didn't get tickets to any show. I expected to maybe not get tickets to 1 or 2 shows but this is the first time ever I've been completely shut out for a tour since I joined in 95. While I'm disappointed, I know I'll get tix one way or another so this is more of an FYI. I don't think the new system is working very well for fan club members as it seems I'm not alone in this situation. I appreciate the courage to take a risk with this new arrangement and there are other clear benefits in terms of avoiding scalpers, etc. but whatever algorithms are being used need some work. xx
  • Hey Tim, just wanted to let you know that I put in for four shows (Toronto, Baltimore, Oak 1&2) for the lottery and didn't get tickets to any show. I expected to maybe not get tickets to 1 or 2 shows but this is the first time ever I've been completely shut out for a tour since I joined in 95. While I'm disappointed, I know I'll get tix one way or another so this is more of an FYI. I don't think the new system is working very well for fan club members as it seems I'm not alone in this situation. I appreciate the courage to take a risk with this new arrangement and there are other clear benefits in terms of avoiding scalpers, etc. but whatever algorithms are being used need some work. xx
    I couldn’t agree more. I got shut out of Baltimore. First show I’ve ever been shut out of besides Temple of The Dog. It sounds and looks like a lot of people got denied. Especially long time members. I’ll find a way to go to the show to one way or other too. But I do agree with you. This is new system isn’t working well at all. And I hope they don’t stay silent about it.
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • JH81185JH81185 Posts: 17
    Thanks 10c!!!!!!!!   New Lottery seemed fine. I have looked at tons of threads last few days. Seems like the only disappointments are the old old schools going for GA  ( and gettting denied) and some random user errors.........I have been a pretty hard core concert ticket consumer for 30 plus years, and I think this NEW system in FANtastic!!!!!!!! We will see how fan to fan face value works out at the end, but so far, so great.  Really impressive so far. Ground breaking. Refreshingly optimistic. Im sure there was a lot of thought put into this. Cheers and keep it up!!!!
    I have not been this pumped up for a tour in ages. I think this roll out and new ticketing system is spot on.
    10/28/00 - San Bernardino - PJ
    10/28/03 - SB BOWL - PJ
    7/13/06 - SB BOWL - PJ
    4/10/08 - SB ARLINGTON - EV
    7/9/11 - SB BOWL - EV
    10/31/12 - LAS VEGAS - EV
    11/1/12 - LAS VEGAS - EV
    11/24/13 - LA SPORTS ARENA - PJ
    8/18/18 - WRIGLEY - PJ
    8/20/18 - WRIGLEY - PJ

• BrandiMBrandiM Winnipeg, Canada Posts: 21
    I put in for one show, assigned seats, and was denied. I’ve been a member for 5 years (I think) with a brief intermission in there. I had no issues with the home shows. But this one was disappointing. I’ve seen lots of people who didn’t get. 
    I’ll ride the wave where it takes me

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Hey Tim, just wanted to let you know that I put in for four shows (Toronto, Baltimore, Oak 1&2) for the lottery and didn't get tickets to any show. I expected to maybe not get tickets to 1 or 2 shows but this is the first time ever I've been completely shut out for a tour since I joined in 95. While I'm disappointed, I know I'll get tix one way or another so this is more of an FYI. I don't think the new system is working very well for fan club members as it seems I'm not alone in this situation. I appreciate the courage to take a risk with this new arrangement and there are other clear benefits in terms of avoiding scalpers, etc. but whatever algorithms are being used need some work. xx

Sorry about the 0 for 4. 

If those four picks were all RES, then wow, something is amiss, as three of those shows were 99%. 

If they were all GA picks, then it would make some sense? Putting Baltimore in any spot other than 1st priority was very likely not going to be a winner.
    Hey Tim, just wanted to let you know that I put in for four shows (Toronto, Baltimore, Oak 1&2) for the lottery and didn't get tickets to any show. I expected to maybe not get tickets to 1 or 2 shows but this is the first time ever I've been completely shut out for a tour since I joined in 95. While I'm disappointed, I know I'll get tix one way or another so this is more of an FYI. I don't think the new system is working very well for fan club members as it seems I'm not alone in this situation. I appreciate the courage to take a risk with this new arrangement and there are other clear benefits in terms of avoiding scalpers, etc. but whatever algorithms are being used need some work. xx

Sorry about the 0 for 4. 

If those four picks were all RES, then wow, something is amiss, as three of those shows were 99%. 

If they were all GA picks, then it would make some sense? Putting Baltimore in any spot other than 1st priority was very likely not going to be a winner.
    When I signed up for MSG, it was 99% too, which is why I’m shocked I didn’t get it. Well, devastated is more like it. I was so looking forward to it. I’m hoping I can get through the public sale but I’m not holding my breath.

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
  • Got a question on buying merchandise at shows - are they still opening up portable kiosk outside of shows?
    Hope this makes sense. Trying to figure out the best way to purchase and not spend my life in a line day of show. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    BrandiM said:

Sorry about the 0 for 4. 

When I signed up for MSG, it was 99% too, which is why I’m shocked I didn’t get it. Well, devastated is more like it. I was so looking forward to it. I’m hoping I can get through the public sale but I’m not holding my breath.
    The odds will obviously change though, and they did. You didn’t really expect MSG to stay at 99 right? They closed at like 60% or something. That was all very transparent. Good luck in the public sale. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    BrandiM said:

Sorry about the 0 for 4. 

Final odds are calculated at end of entry process. Not when you submitted your request.  I saw MSG about 4 hours before it closed and it was like 60% Res & 10% GA, guessing that number shrank more.

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

No of course I didn’t, but it seems like A LOT of people didn’t get tickets. It makes me wonder how many people requested and how many actually got.

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    BrandiM said:

Sorry about the 0 for 4. 

Sorry you didn’t get the show you wanted. Hopefully one of the 4 Canadian shows fit with your schedule? Tickets should be easier to get than for NY at the public onsale. NY tickets are always impossible. The last odds fans posted on the Porch were 57% for MSG.

Im from NY and didn’t bother trying for MSG. I went for Baltimore hoping the true odds for 1st priority would be much better than NY. I got lucky.
  • I was also put in for the lottery to the Baltimore show. Ive been a member since 98 and this is the first time not getting tickets for me as well. I was pretty shocked to say the least. Hopefully i find a way to get there. 
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    edited January 2020
    BrandiM said:
    No of course I didn’t, but it seems like A LOT of people didn’t get tickets. It makes me wonder how many people requested and how many actually got.
    Presumably <60% since that's where the odds ended?
    BrandiM said:

Sorry about the 0 for 4. 

Sorry you didn’t get the show you wanted. Hopefully one of the 4 Canadian shows fit with your schedule? Tickets should be easier to get than for NY at the public onsale. NY tickets are always impossible. The last odds fans posted on the Porch were 57% for MSG.

Im from NY and didn’t bother trying for MSG. I went for Baltimore hoping the true odds for 1st priority would be much better than NY. I got lucky.
    Yeah, I’m Canadian and I originally wanted Toronto, but I’m a teacher and have student led conferences that night. Of all the nights. Lol! I took a chance for sure with MSG because with have friends to stay with there and it’s Spring Break for me. I’m going to try again on public sale for Baltimore and I may try for Hamilton too, but I’ll need to take time off work for that one.

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    edited January 2020
    As the last day of the lottery winds down just wanted to say thanks to 10c for the new system with more tickets and additional flexibility. Well done!  

Sorry to to hear about those that didn’t get their picks, hopefully the verified fan, general sale, or fan to fan will prove successful for you.
  • JF129758JF129758 East Northport, NY Posts: 74
    I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the first sign of doing away with the fan club altogether. Making a deal with the devil (Ticketmaster) and not providing everything that is promised at the Analog Level seems to be well-planned.

BTW, the R.E.M. Fan Club stayed steady at $10 until its demise (because the band broke up). I always got tickets, the holiday single/package and numerous newsletters each year. 
  • junbugtn24junbugtn24 Chattanooga tn Posts: 103
    JF129758 I’m picking up what your throwing down!
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    I like the fan to fan exchange, Would like it much better if there was a 10C member to 10C member Exchange... Give 10C members that missed out in lotto first shot at buying fellow member tickets that can't be used. 

In 2016, we unfortunately could not use 10C Amsterdam tickets due to an emergency. A great 10C rep told us they would be given to a fellow member and or offered as an upgrade to GA. It felt good knowing the possibility was out there that a fellow 10C member might have benefited.  
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

I need two Nashville tickets 2020
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    myoung321 said:
    I like the fan to fan exchange, Would like it much better if there was a 10C member to 10C member Exchange... Give 10C members that missed out in lotto first shot at buying fellow member tickets that can't be used. 

In 2016, we unfortunately could not use 10C Amsterdam tickets due to an emergency. A great 10C rep told us they would be given to a fellow member and or offered as an upgrade to GA. It felt good knowing the possibility was out there that a fellow 10C member might have benefited.  
    Same here, with the Temple of the Dog show in LA.
  • JP8276JP8276 Posts: 4
     I have been in the club over 15 years and I got denied a ticket! I do not appreciate it as someone who’s been in the club for a long period of time and individuals that have been in the 10c even longer being denied a ticket to someone who has been in the club for a hot minute! THIS IS BS! Those of us that have been in the club and paid our membership every year and then get snubbed for tickets is unacceptable! As usual the true fans get screwed over somehow  and the newbies receive tickets!  In my opinion, I believe members that have been in the club the longest should have first pick of tickets and work down the list to the newest members should be last to purchase seats. Now I have to hope that I can still purchase a seat after all of this sale. 
  • OceanseyesOceanseyes Posts: 6
    edited January 2020
    I agree that maybe the system needs some tweaking for the next tour. I've been in the Ten Club since 1994 (joined as a kid), and I've been very lucky in getting tickets to shows in my hometown or state (NYC). This is the first time I've been shut out of a PJ show in a long time (again, I've been very lucky). I applied only to the (NYC) MSG show (assigned seating), so I knew the odds. PJ fans from all over the country and world try for that show, and with only one show in NYC this tour -- I lowered my expectations.

That being said, I can only get to shows in my hometown. I can't travel to see PJ like a lot of other fans can. It makes me wonder if maybe people could get some kind of hometown priority, specifically if it's the only show they're trying to get via the fan club. Not to shut out people from other states and countries, of course. But just to give people a ten- or twenty-percent advantage in their home state.

And/or possibly change the system to make sure as many fan club members get tickets to at least one show, rather than a smaller percentage of fans getting tickets to multiple shows while many people get shut out of getting tickets to any.

These are just a suggestions. Not expectations. 

Thanks for reading!
    Post edited by Oceanseyes on
    "Life has nothing to do with killing time. So why be satisfied? We've got all night."
    --e.v. "All Night"
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JP8276 said:
     I have been in the club over 15 years and I got denied a ticket! I do not appreciate it as someone who’s been in the club for a long period of time and individuals that have been in the 10c even longer being denied a ticket to someone who has been in the club for a hot minute! THIS IS BS! Those of us that have been in the club and paid our membership every year and then get snubbed for tickets is unacceptable! As usual the true fans get screwed over somehow  and the newbies receive tickets!  In my opinion, I believe members that have been in the club the longest should have first pick of tickets and work down the list to the newest members should be last to purchase seats. Now I have to hope that I can still purchase a seat after all of this sale. 
    “True fans” :rofl:
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    demetrios said:
    Is it possible for those of us who ordered Pearl Jam's newest album Gigaton from the 10club store receive the digital download 2 day's or so before their Toronto show on March 18th? Please! Would love to hear it on the long drive down from Halifax.

Thanks!
    Pretty please bump!
  • Thank you!
    JH81185 said:
    Thanks 10c!!!!!!!!   New Lottery seemed fine. I have looked at tons of threads last few days. Seems like the only disappointments are the old old schools going for GA  ( and gettting denied) and some random user errors.........I have been a pretty hard core concert ticket consumer for 30 plus years, and I think this NEW system in FANtastic!!!!!!!! We will see how fan to fan face value works out at the end, but so far, so great.  Really impressive so far. Ground breaking. Refreshingly optimistic. Im sure there was a lot of thought put into this. Cheers and keep it up!!!!
    I have not been this pumped up for a tour in ages. I think this roll out and new ticketing system is spot on.

• JF129758 said:
    I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the first sign of doing away with the fan club altogether. Making a deal with the devil (Ticketmaster) and not providing everything that is promised at the Analog Level seems to be well-planned.

BTW, the R.E.M. Fan Club stayed steady at $10 until its demise (because the band broke up). I always got tickets, the holiday single/package and numerous newsletters each year. 
    Me and some other people saying over the weekend about watching them do away with the fan club eventually
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
    Your missing the point why would you make a deal with Ticketmaster especially dealing with my personal beliefs in Pearl Jam 
  • My wife and I are both long time 10c members, and we actually met at a PJ concert. So we received to presale codes. We live in DC so our best bet was MD show. I received reject letter for one code, however when I called TM they informed me since I used both codes on same TM account the first request was automatically cancelled. I was never informed of the cancelation and was basically robbed of a chance at a ticket. I kept asking support where does it say my order would be cancelled for or using 2 presale codes on one TM account. They kept citing policies that did not apply to this situation. Regardless I am ticketless and so is my wife because of some construed technicality. I am on 3rd level support with TM, and it felt like when I reached out on 10c support I was talking to Ticketmaster. 
    I don’t understand how Ten Club members presale tickets and Ticketmaster come up in a conversation Then think it’s a good idea to the sale to 10 club members through Ticketmaster,,