NCAA College Football -

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I've got the team from Death Valley! Feelin' pretty confident.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    I've got the team from Death Valley! Feelin' pretty confident.
    How do they have the same team names and both call their stadiums Death Valley.  So odd.  
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:
    Holy Poop, Oklahoma!   If we wanted to see a team lose by a billion points in the CFP we would have asked Notre Dame to the dance.
    This is why you can't have 8 teams...
    Yeah, four is plenty.  It's not fair to a player that is looking to be drafted as well.  An extra game to get injured is what it amounts to.  Could end up costing them millions while the NCAA profits.  
    I admit that during mid year I always get caught up in the "need more teams" cries and then I watch the games and remember why it's good to have only 4 teams...

I really do hope that Miami makes football relevant in that college for just one more run in my lifetime.  It was really fun when they won and been a big let down for the last 20 years or so...
    There is still nothing better than a good ol' Florida State-Miami game!  I'm gonna get my ass to one of those some day.
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:
    Holy Poop, Oklahoma!   If we wanted to see a team lose by a billion points in the CFP we would have asked Notre Dame to the dance.
    Yeah, four is plenty.  It's not fair to a player that is looking to be drafted as well.  An extra game to get injured is what it amounts to.  Could end up costing them millions while the NCAA profits.  
    I admit that during mid year I always get caught up in the "need more teams" cries and then I watch the games and remember why it's good to have only 4 teams...

I really do hope that Miami makes football relevant in that college for just one more run in my lifetime.  It was really fun when they won and been a big let down for the last 20 years or so...
    There is still nothing better than a good ol' Florida State-Miami game!  I'm gonna get my ass to one of those some day.
    I attended my share of those when I lived in FL in the 90's.  They were great.  What was more interesting was the FL - FSU game.  Miami/FSU had a level of respect.  There is no such respect in the fan base between FL FSU.. They are total assholes to each other (the fans).  
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

I attended my share of those when I lived in FL in the 90's.  They were great.  What was more interesting was the FL - FSU game.  Miami/FSU had a level of respect.  There is no such respect in the fan base between FL FSU.. They are total assholes to each other (the fans).  
    Truer words are rarely spoken!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,730
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

I could think of plenty of things better than that! Hell, anything is better than that! :lol:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

I could think of plenty of things better than that! Hell, anything is better than that! :lol:
    Man.. from 91 to 2001, it was the game of the year,  with few exceptions.  As good as Catholics vs Convicts. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

Man.. from 91 to 2001, it was the game of the year,  with few exceptions.  As good as Catholics vs Convicts. 
    Ahhh... Catholics vs. Convicts...now there is a matchup! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,819
    LSU pretty much dominated
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    I gotta say, I had LSU wrong in my mind.  That was an incredible run through OU and Clemson.  I had underestimated their defense, but they really handled Trevor Lawrence.  Joe Borrow was unstoppable against what was the top ranked defense in the NCAA.  Really impressive team.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    I gotta say, I had LSU wrong in my mind.  That was an incredible run through OU and Clemson.  I had underestimated their defense, but they really handled Trevor Lawrence.  Joe Borrow was unstoppable against what was the top ranked defense in the NCAA.  Really impressive team.
    They were better than I thought as well.  Now I'm not so mad about OSU getting shafted.  
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734
    What an incredible season from Burrow and LSU.  They have to go down as one of the best college teams ever.  Hopefully the Bengals don't ruin Burrow like they ruin just about everything else!
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:

Ain't a damn one of them a Notre Lame game, though! :tongue:
  • LSU killed.

That Sunshine QB for Clemson looked off last night. Can't place what happened but something wasn't right w him.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,985
    he was definitely off. But I don't think the score was a good reflection either. Should have been about a 1 possession loss. Clemson dominated the first quarter. A few very questionable calls went against Clemson. Who knew you could be knocked out of bands and keep running for 30 more yards? And that phantom offensive passing interference that took away a TD. Clemson definitely wasn't at their best and Trevor looked off from what we've seen him, but I think the score should have been a little closer.
  • mace1229 said:
    he was definitely off. But I don't think the score was a good reflection either. Should have been about a 1 possession loss. Clemson dominated the first quarter. A few very questionable calls went against Clemson. Who knew you could be knocked out of bands and keep running for 30 more yards? And that phantom offensive passing interference that took away a TD. Clemson definitely wasn't at their best and Trevor looked off from what we've seen him, but I think the score should have been a little closer.
    I'd like to add that #7 for LSU was a dirty ass player.  I saw him put a few hits that didn't get flags, ripped a RB's helmet off and some dirty hits that got a flag and didn't.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    What an incredible season from Burrow and LSU.  They have to go down as one of the best college teams ever.  Hopefully the Bengals don't ruin Burrow like they ruin just about everything else!
    They would be pretty fun team to play with on Bill's Walsh's College Football.  I'm sure someone out there has a mod
    edited January 2020
    Yes, lots of small plays that really could have been called. And a few very big ones that were just blatant missed called.
    I don't want to sound like a sore fan, I think LSU played better overall. Burrow struggled in the first quarter then found his groove and was hot. But I think it should have been a nail-bitter game, coming down to the last plays. Take away the huge out of bounds run that lead to a TD, and the phantom PI that took away a TD were down to a 3 point spread.
    Then if Clemson got a few calls it could have been a different game. 
    But at the end of the day LSU did play a better game and deserved the win.
    mace1229 said:
    Yes, lots of small plays that really could have been called. And a few very big ones that were just blatant missed called.
    I don't want to sound like a sore fan, I think LSU played better overall. Burrow struggled in the first quarter then found his groove and was hot. But I think it should have been a nail-bitter game, coming down to the last plays. Take away the huge out of bounds run that lead to a TD, and the phantom PI that took away a TD were down to a 3 point spread.
    Then if Clemson got a few calls it could have been a different game. 
    But at the end of the day LSU did play a better game and deserved the win.
    LSU was good, the officiating was bad.  Lawrence did not play a good game.  
    Been hearing people say how Lawrence was over rated today.
    Something to consider if you’re in that boat. He’s a true freshman. Burrow is a 5th year, and for the last 2 of those years is an online only student who literally doesn’t have to attend class and is at practice all day. Not saying he wasn’t great or didn’t deserve the Heisman, just adding perspective to some of the comments I’ve seen since the game.
    mace1229 said:
    Been hearing people say how Lawrence was over rated today.
    Something to consider if you’re in that boat. He’s a true freshman. Burrow is a 5th year, and for the last 2 of those years is an online only student who literally doesn’t have to attend class and is at practice all day. Not saying he wasn’t great or didn’t deserve the Heisman, just adding perspective to some of the comments I’ve seen since the game.
    He's a true sophomore, but point taken.  He's good.  He'll be a pro, possessing all the tools.  He'll be a top 5 pick unless something goes horribly wrong for him.  It was a bad night.  
    Yes, meant to say sophomore. Thanks
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,445
    joe burrow played HS ball in the town I went to college in. he was raised one town over, in a place  too small to have a HS. this area is NOT known as a HS football hotbed.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    joe burrow played HS ball in the town I went to college in. he was raised one town over, in a place  too small to have a HS. this area is NOT known as a HS football hotbed.
    OU... greatest Halloween party in the country.  And the city where Ohio officially ends in the south.  
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,445
    I knew a dude from The Plains....went by the name of “Speed” :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    OU... greatest Halloween party in the country.  And the city where Ohio officially ends in the south.  
    Wobbie said:
    I knew a dude from The Plains....went by the name of “Speed” :lol:
    This, for some reason, sounds like the beginning to a story that I am reading to myself with a Morgan Freeman voice. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,613
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    UC Santa Barbara.  
    Gotta believe the Isla Vista party scene on Halloween would destroy any party OU could dream up.  (I guess my gauge might have something to do with the women as well.)
    Think they changed some rules to stop the party now, so perhaps OU can lay claim.  No way that shit that was going down in the 90s is easily topped.   (Toplessed?))
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,613
    Odell Beckham Jr, being the idiot he is, getting players / his school in a sticky situation by giving out cash on video to players after the game the other night 
    What a dope.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Classic OBJ. what a douche.

His alma mater wins the National Championship, a lifetime highlight for many of these men, and he uses it as an opportunity to get his already famous well paid self some additional TV time. 
    Classic OBJ. what a douche.

His alma mater wins the National Championship, a lifetime highlight for many of these men, and he uses it as an opportunity to get his already famous well paid self some additional TV time. 
    And Burrow dimes them out.