The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Weed is legal in Illinois.  This is fucking awesoooo .....

:open_mouth:

Holy shit!  $65 for an eight and another 35% is taxes on top of it?!!!   great news for your local drug dealer :one_finger: ...
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Youch! Yeah, not sure how this is sustainable. I got 1/4 ounce for $20 on Black Friday (tax included - our prices always include tax unlike IL apparently). My typical eighths are in the $20 - $25 range at retail shops, again tax included. On top of the $67 eighth they nail you with taxes based on % THC??? Wow. So almost $75 for 3.5g of flower. Even more than that for a .5g cart????  Apparently the politicos are trying to bolster the black market for some reason. Paying $300 for what should have been around $100 out the door is robbery. Hopefully once the thrill of legal weed sales dissipates they'll realize they aren't doing themselves any favors by making the taxes so onerous. I understand the novelty of legal weed, but how are those prices justified? Is the black market there also stupid expensive? Kooky.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    That’s highway robbery! Cool that it’s legalized can you grow there ? dealers will make a killing ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Yeah, only way I get to shops is if they do deals. A lot of times you can get buy one get one free on edibles or shatter etc. I find prices differ from shop to shop as well, so it helps to study Leafly, weedmaps ect. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    67 bucks for a half gram cart is crazy.  I couldn't believe how cheap Seattle was though.  Cheapest state I've been to thus far. 
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Got a 50mg edible today for $6 including tax.
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    The first time I went to Colorado after legalization,  I bought a100 mg candy bar.  I had no concept of relative strength so I ate more than half at the hotel.  I was literally comatose until the next afternoon.  Way..... way too much. 
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    Horos said:
    The first time I went to Colorado after legalization,  I bought a100 mg candy bar.  I had no concept of relative strength so I ate more than half at the hotel.  I was literally comatose until the next afternoon.  Way..... way too much. 
    That candy bar would be worth its weight in gold in Illinois. 
    Post edited by Jason P on
    Horos said:
    So my brownies cookies & chocolates are worth $5 , that edible how long is the buzz? 
    I'd be interested to see what Michigan is charging.  I know Michigan lets you grow six plants.  I'm not sure what Illinois lets you do.  

edited January 2020
    Horos said:
    So my brownies cookies & chocolates are worth $5 , that edible how long is the buzz? 
    That's good for two or three long ass buzzes for me.  I tend to keep to 15 or 20 for a full evening/ night. 
    Jason P said:
    I'd be interested to see what Michigan is charging.  I know Michigan lets you grow six plants.  I'm not sure what Illinois lets you do.  

I’m pretty sure it’s only a 6% sales tax and if you have a medical card they don’t charge the sales tax. There’s a 10% excess tax, but I think that’s paid by the seller and already figured into prices. If you look around you can find a
    1gr cart for around $40 give or take a few dollars, and again there’s always deals to be found.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

mrussel1 said:
    Horos said:
    That's good for two or three long ass buzzes for me.  I tend to keep to 15 or 20 for a full evening/ night. 
    One of my brownies last me for over 5hrs do two for a ten hr period is plenty for me , I’ve never eaten two in 1day yet ..
    mrussel1 said:
    Horos said:
    One of my brownies last me for over 5hrs do two for a ten hr period is plenty for me , I’ve never eaten two in 1day yet ..
    Yeah 5 hours is perfect.  Eat after dinner when your digestive system really gets moving.  Buzzing by 8, sleeping like a baby by 1 or 130. Perfect. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Horos said:
    Yeah 5 hours is perfect.  Eat after dinner when your digestive system really gets moving.  Buzzing by 8, sleeping like a baby by 1 or 130. Perfect. 
    I usually eat one at 5:30 so by bed time 10 I’m still good to go ..

Hi! said:
    Jason P said:

I’m pretty sure it’s only a 6% sales tax and if you have a medical card they don’t charge the sales tax. There’s a 10% excess tax, but I think that’s paid by the seller and already figured into prices. If you look around you can find a
    1gr cart for around $40 give or take a few dollars, and again there’s always deals to be found.
    i have no relative way to equate what a cartridge is to flower as I’ve never seen one.  how long does 1g cart last you?   
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    mrussel1 said:
    Horos said:
    Come to a show in Toronto and I can show you comatose :) I've accidentally done it to two visiting Americans.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    edited January 2020
    Jason P said:
    Hi! said:
    Jason P said:

i have no relative way to equate what a cartridge is to flower as I’ve never seen one.  how long does 1g cart last you?   
    A one gram cart would last me about a week, maybe. I honestly don’t mess with carts that much, but the few times I have had them, about a week. I would say two or three hits off a cart is about equal to smoking a bowl of 20% flower. Most carts I’ve used are probably 60% to 70% thc.
    Post edited by Hi! on

Hi! said:
    Jason P said:
    Hi! said:
    Jason P said:

A one gram cart would last me about a week, maybe. I honestly don’t mess with carts that much, but the few times I have had them, about a week. I would say two or three hits off a cart is about equal to smoking a bowl of 20% flower. Most carts I’ve used are probably 60% to 70% thc.
    You must smoke between a quarter and a half a week if a gram only lasts you a week.  That seems to be some long daily sessions. 
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Horos said:
    Come to a show in Toronto and I can show you comatose :) I've accidentally done it to two visiting Americans.
    Ha, I bet.  I don't love waking up stoned,  like I did that time.  It's like a huge weed hangover,  like a giant fog. 

I may come to Toronto for a show. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Jason P said:
    Hi! said:
    Jason P said:

You must smoke between a quarter and a half a week if a gram only lasts you a week.  That seems to be some long daily sessions. 
    Well, the sessions are short, but numerous.

Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Jason P said:
    Hi! said:
    Jason P said:

I'd venture that a gram is probably better a quarter and half though.  Does that sound right?  Closer to half
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Jason P said:
    Hi! said:
    Jason P said:

I'd venture that a gram is probably better a quarter and half though.  Does that sound right?  Closer to half
    Yeah, that sounds about right. Probably, better a quarter, less than a half. 

Dab Tabs, what will they think of next? These are new to me, ease of use could be a definite plus.

Horos said:
    I haven't eaten a whole one of those. It's usually hard for me to tell anyway because I smoke at the same time.
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    Horos said:
    I haven't eaten a whole one of those. It's usually hard for me to tell anyway because I smoke at the same time.
    Oh ok yeah I usually don’t smoke when I eat edibles..

My regular shop has 10 cent joints today. 1 per customer.
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    Awesome 😄 I could make one last all day ...
    Horos said:
    Turns out it was two per customer with a purchase. So the wife and I got 4 doobs and a gram of indica for $4.40.
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    Horos said:
    Turns out it was two per customer with a purchase. So the wife and I got 4 doobs and a gram of indica for $4.40.
    That's outrageous