What is your Holy Grail for PJ collecting?

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Mine is still to have Ed sign my game 7 ticket stub. Going to Seattle in May/June, I'll have it on me just in case.  B)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Gorge 2005, and of course, Benny vinyl.
  • cmalisze said:
    My newest grail...Reeenk Roink! Anyone?
    That is a cool one to get!  If I ever did acquire one it would get framed and hung on the wall.
  • cockagecockage Posts: 454

The contents of this tape......or any similar tape....

the embarrassment of riches id give to the person who hooks it up would be legendary. 
  • cockage said:

the embarrassment of riches id give to the person who hooks it up would be legendary. 
    That would be amazing. 
  • cockage said:

There were a few cassette tapes at the Mopop exhibit.
  • cockagecockage Posts: 454

I was all over those tapes at the exhibit, but i have 0.0 expectations of those ever being heard by the public.....The other tape posted above is in private hands so i assume theres a better chance of those.....but ill take anything of this sort. This is what i live for.....

They also had some sweet looking reel-to-reel....

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Only two items have really eluded me that I feel like I will probably never own. 

1.  Benny vinyl
    2.  First fan club vinyl “let me sleep”
  • cockage said:

I was all over those tapes at the exhibit, but i have 0.0 expectations of those ever being heard by the public.....The other tape posted above is in private hands so i assume theres a better chance of those.....but ill take anything of this sort. This is what i live for.....

They also had some sweet looking reel-to-reel....

YEP!  Glad you saw them.  That was the first thing I thought of when you mentioned that.

The Mommason tape was made live in the box set.  The other things, no.

There is a video of PJ doing a gig in like 91 where Ed sings a line form Outshined that should be right up your alley.
  • Only two items have really eluded me that I feel like I will probably never own. 

1.  Benny vinyl
    Surely the Sausage King of Chicago can afford these?  Buy mine.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Only two items have really eluded me that I feel like I will probably never own. 

1.  Benny vinyl
    Surely the Sausage King of Chicago can afford these?  Buy mine.
    Ha!  I wish I could afford them. I’ve been very fortunate to have bought all the original records on vinyl when they came out (including lost dogs) except Benny. Have all the 10c singles except the first one and traded for Live on two legs vinyl. Obviously I regret not buying benaroyal hall when it was released. My dumb ass bought it on cd. Not sure what I was thinking. 🤦‍♂️
  • jack cameronjack cameron Sydney Posts: 340
    Benaroya Hall Vinyl Box Set
    - No Code Stamp & Ink Set
    Pearl Jam: 11/02/03 • 13/02/03 • 18/02/03 • 07/11/06 • 13/11/06 • 16/11/06 • 18/11/06 • 19/11/06 • 20/11/09 • 22/11/09 • 26/01/14
    Eddie Vedder: 15/03/11 • 16/03/11 • 18/03/11 • 19/03/11 • 11/02/14 • 12/02/14
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    cmalisze said:
    Only had the one. Sorry
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Was there ink that went along with the No Code stamp? I’m assuming yes but somehow never realized that.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Benaroya Hall Vinyl Box Set
    Was there ink that went along with the No Code stamp? I’m assuming yes but somehow never realized that.
    Yes, there was an ink pad that came w it.  Find my thread that goes over everything that came in the VHC boxes.  I wouldn't worry about finding one so much as finding the stamp itself.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Yes, there was an ink pad that came w it.  Find my thread that goes over everything that came in the VHC boxes.  I wouldn't worry about finding one so much as finding the stamp itself.
    Yeah I have the stamp itself, it just never occurred to me there was a specific no code labeled ink pad I guess! Thanks, I’ll look for your thread
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020
    I’ve gotta find that thread too
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    edited January 2020
    Yeah I have the stamp itself, it just never occurred to me there was a specific no code labeled ink pad I guess! Thanks, I’ll look for your thread
    I’ve gotta find that thread too
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/268751/vhc-vitalogy-health-club-starter-kits-info#latest
    @1ThoughtKnown
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 776
    edited January 2020
    Grails:
    Vinyl: GITD PJ20 - still waiting on one the band members to gift me mine as a friend of the band - lol
    Poster: 2013 Chicago Ames Harry Carey Variant (would need the 2018 one, too, if ever attained - lol) - was online trying the moment they went on sale and struck out for both variants

More pragmatic/ attainable-for-me list:
    Vinyl: Philippines Daughter 7” (been searching for years - zero opportunities)
    Poster: PJ20 Ames and or Klausen (passed over at the shows - had a great opportunity then and just need to overcome price inertia now)
    Post edited by dcp3y on
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    dcp3y said:

I found mine through going straight to Philippines shops via Facebook and Discogs. Same with a couple other hard to finds
    from Asia and LatAM. Took a few years of intermittent reach outs but have been pretty lucky.

im still searching for a Black Daughter 7” though. 
  • nuzzer1 said:
    dcp3y said:

I found mine through going straight to Philippines shops via Facebook and Discogs. Same with a couple other hard to finds
    from Asia and LatAM. Took a few years of intermittent reach outs but have been pretty lucky.

im still searching for a Black Daughter 7” though. 
    Some of those import records are tough!
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    No Code CD w/ the Polaroids & Live @ Easy Street (CD)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    cmalisze said:
    You have everything I thought. I have one if you ever want to chat. 
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • densan said:
    cmalisze said:
    Forget him, lol.  I'm interested.
  • Friends 
  • Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    densan said:
    cmalisze said:
    What's it go for these days?
  • densan said:
    cmalisze said:
    What's it go for these days?
    Not sure?  I'm only paying a G.
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    Not what it used to be worth. But when did any of this make sense. State of mind thing. 
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • I've been a PJ fan since the early days. My first show was 3/10/94 when I was 13 years old. I was obsessed with PJ and bought virtually everything I could get my hands on when I was a kid; bootlegs, posters, shirts, you name it. My room was plastered almost entirely with Pearl Jam posters.

Among them were:

*93 Vs double sided poster they gave out only on release day

*94 Ames On the road (from 3/10/94 show)

*96 Prague (my cousin was in college studying abroad and went to the show and got herself one and one for me)

*98 Alpine/United Center

In addition there were a ton of other rare posters from the 90s and early 2000s. At least 30-50 cool posters. Some stuff autographed.

In 2003 my mom moved to Chicago from the suburbs and I moved into my dad's house. I took down all my posters, boxed them up and took them to my dad's. I moved to Chicago shortly after that and didn't bring my posters into my tiny apartment as I didn't have anywhere to put them.

A few years go by and I get a big enough place and remember all my old posters. I head down to my dad's and go downstairs and strangely all my posters are missing.

"Dad, where are my posters?"

"What posters?"

"I had a gigantic box full of show posters."

"Ummm I don't know. We had a flood a year ago or so and had to throw a ton of stuff out."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You didn't think to call me when you discovered 50 posters in a box that may be salvageable and you just threw them away?!?"

Yes. I am an idiot for not taking better care of my stuff and leaving it in my parent's basement but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get over it. If they would've called me instead of just tossing them in a dumpster at least! Anyone have a similar story?  

TLDR my grail would be: 94 on the road, 96 prague and 98 alpine/UC.  Really my whole box would be ideal lol

• LeMarcoLeMarco Posts: 94
    I’d love the Jack Daniels promo set.  One can wish, lol.