2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Chelios now saying Babcock did super shitty things to Johan Franzen that may have caused Johan to have a nervous breakdown (i think the wings are still paying him).  Franzen confirmed and said Babcock is the worst person he has ever met.  Cheli made him out as a sadist.  

Also, making Mike Fuck'n Modano a healthy scratch on the last possible game of his career to keep his career game total at 1,499 is a dick move of the highest order.

Sometimes in life, the best advice to follow is ...

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I mean, just take one look at Babcock.  He looks like and angry, miserable prick.
    edited January 2020
    Only one NHL player in the decade scored 800 points.  And he... DIDN'T... make the all-decade team?  How the fuck does the best American-born player of all time not make the fucking all-decade team?

"What's that?" inquired Kane. "I can't hear you over my 807 points, 8-time All-Star selections, 3 Stanley Cups, and Conn Smythe, Art Ross, Ted Lindsay, & Hart trophies," he continued.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Only one NHL player in the decade scored 800 points.  And he... DIDN'T... make the all-decade team?  How the fuck does the best American-born player of all time not make the fucking all-decade team?

"What's that?" inquired Kane. "I can't hear you over my 807 points, 8-time All-Star selections, 3 Stanley Cups, and Conn Smythe, Art Ross, Ted Lindsay, & Hart trophies," he continued.

Don't forget 109 points in the playoffs!  It's so absurd that I'm not even mad about it.  It's just funny at this point.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Who did they take at the slot(s) he would have been picked?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Here's the list.  It wasn't even one of those lists where they're filling the actual spots in a lineup....just top players overall.  

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2019/12/23/nhl-power-rankings-best-nhl-players-of-decade/
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    NBC sports is a clown show, thats why
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    He is on that list...so subjective as to where to rank those players.
    FWIW, I think they got the top 4 right and I like pushing McD up there even though he only played in 1/2 of the decade.
    These lists are silly.
    Kane was a dbag, but that dude was fucking money for a long time during that run.  Hated (and admired) watching him go against my favorite team.
    FWIW, I think they got the top 4 right and I like pushing McD up there even though he only played in 1/2 of the decade.
    These lists are silly.
    Kane was a dbag, but that dude was fucking money for a long time during that run.  Hated (and admired) watching him go against my favorite team.

Yeah the fact that he isn't top 10 is crazy....I think that's why everyone was up in arms.  If the guy with the most points in the decade isn't top 10 then what's the point??  But yeah none of these lists really matter.

He's still money....had his career high in points last year at age 30.  Has kinda been under the radar past few years since the Hawks have a horrible GM and have missed the playoffs 2 years in a row and this year not looking much better.
    Yeah, not in the Top 10 is what I meant.  Hell he's not even the top Blackhawk on the list.  He's third behind Keith & Toews!  I'm a Toews fan more than Kane but what a crock!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    These lists are silly.

Yeah the fact that he isn't top 10 is crazy....I think that's why everyone was up in arms.  If the guy with the most points in the decade isn't top 10 then what's the point??  But yeah none of these lists really matter.

He's still money....had his career high in points last year at age 30.  Has kinda been under the radar past few years since the Hawks have a horrible GM and have missed the playoffs 2 years in a row and this year not looking much better.
    Kane should be 3rd behind Crosby and Ovi.  Absurd he is not in the top 10 for the decade.  
    Tough to go wrong with EK - best D of the decade.
    These lists are silly.  So many ways to look at compiling and based on what we all value differently.  Most Points is for sure something that should get someone mentioned in the top 10, agree.
    This is awesome to see.
    ProHockeyTalk : Zack Kassian snaps on Matthew Tkachuk, throws punches in wild attack
    https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/01/12/zack-kassian-snaps-on-matthew-tkachuk-throws-punches-in-wild-attack/
    This punk ass sob needs to get this sort of ass kicking every night.  He consistently runs people and here, he doesn't want to stand up for it, and the stupid officials give away the game instead of call penalties.
    Good for Kassian.  Someone needs to put Tkachuk out of hockey before he does it to five other guys.
    Love, love, love the ass whooping that gets put down there.
    This has a bit more about it.
    2nd hit was just the match to the fuse, the first hit was the dirty bs we know from MT.
    ProHockeyTalk : Matthew Tkachuk, Zack Kassian talk big-time trash after brawl
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    This has a bit more about it.
    2nd hit was just the match to the fuse, the first hit was the dirty bs we know from MT.
    ProHockeyTalk : Matthew Tkachuk, Zack Kassian talk big-time trash after brawl
    Hoping for a Flames/Oilers playoff series
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    edited January 2020
    did anyone see the Sidney Crosby play from Wednesday night i think it was? might be the greatest play I've ever seen in hockey.  behind the net, stops, banks the puck off the back of net, spins around full speed, gets the puck back goes to side of net and makes pass across crease on the tape for a goal. and hate that fucker but his is unbelievable

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    i hate the all star break
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Blackhawks sweeping all the “of the decade” shit! 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Nami said:
    All star breaks typically suck. I don't know why, but the hockey break seems to drag on more than most sports.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    It is crazy...some teams go way too many days w/o playing
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    tbergs said:
    Nami said:
    All star breaks typically suck. I don't know why, but the hockey break seems to drag on more than most sports.
    My guess is because hockey is better than most sports, so being without it is more noticeable and sad. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    tbergs said:
    Nami said:
    My guess is because hockey is better than most sports, so being without it is more noticeable and sad. 

yeah hockey is awesome and the break drags on... most teams this past week were off too.  This and no football,  it is going to be a slow weekend.   @ F Me, you're hard to catch in the pool.... see you in the playoffs! HA

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Nami said:
    tbergs said:
    Nami said:

yeah hockey is awesome and the break drags on... most teams this past week were off too.  This and no football,  it is going to be a slow weekend.   @ F Me, you're hard to catch in the pool.... see you in the playoffs! HA

You are right behind me.  Losing Hamilton is going to hurt my blue liners but getting Tarasenko back at some point will be a nice boost.
    We are hammering the shit out of the rest of the league but in the playoffs anything can happen.

In my other pool I am snake-bitten and the goalie starts is set at 5, meaning you need 3 starters to be certain.  I didnt factor this when I draft -- need some injuries to make my part timers into starters to have a shot there.

I did set the DVR for the skills contest tonight -- curious to see some of the events but it is made for DVR watching with the FF in full use.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Nami said:
    tbergs said:
    Nami said:

The Sabres had their 'bye week' this week and now the ASG.  It feels like they havent played in a month
    edited January 2020
    Nami said:
    tbergs said:
    Nami said:

You are right behind me.  Losing Hamilton is going to hurt my blue liners but getting Tarasenko back at some point will be a nice boost.
    We are hammering the shit out of the rest of the league but in the playoffs anything can happen.

In my other pool I am snake-bitten and the goalie starts is set at 5, meaning you need 3 starters to be certain.  I didnt factor this when I draft -- need some injuries to make my part timers into starters to have a shot there.

I did set the DVR for the skills contest tonight -- curious to see some of the events but it is made for DVR watching with the FF in full use.

I think there were only a couple of us online during the draft, so not sure how many peeps are following it. That sucks for your other pool. In my other pool, the settings set at 15 transactions/yr.  Its sucks when your dealing with IR and players not performing.   If your not at the top from the start, in points/standings, its almost impossible to climb back up there.

MayDay10 said:
    Nami said:
    tbergs said:
    Nami said:

The Sabres had their 'bye week' this week and now the ASG.  It feels like they havent played in a month

I feel the same way about the Wings.... but the haven't played since day 1 hahahaha  damn rebuild.

Post edited by Nami on
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    My daughter and her hockey peeps always have a little party and watch the skills competition. 

So I welcome it for that. 

These kids hardly ever get together off the ice. That’s crazy to me. I hung out with my different teammates (baseball/basketball/soccer) all the time. Our parents would suggest grabbing a pizza or ice cream or whatever after games/practices. 

I’m guessing that it just has to do with the standoffish nature of Massholes. Or maybe the kids are all just “busy” with Fortnite or something. I don’t know....

Different time. Different place. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    My daughter and her hockey peeps always have a little party and watch the skills competition. 

So I welcome it for that. 

These kids hardly ever get together off the ice. That’s crazy to me. I hung out with my different teammates (baseball/basketball/soccer) all the time. Our parents would suggest grabbing a pizza or ice cream or whatever after games/practices. 

I’m guessing that it just has to do with the standoffish nature of Massholes. Or maybe the kids are all just “busy” with Fortnite or something. I don’t know....

Different time. Different place. 

And also very cool that they are including women in the stuff tonight -- the 3 on 3 game between US and CAN should be interesting and then 1 player from each squad will participate in one of the other events.
    42 year old Zamboni driver has to play for canes after two goalies get hurt. And gets a win. Crazy stuff

and congrats to ovie
    Ovi is a turd, but a hell of a player.
    That goalie story is pretty cool.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Ovi is a turd, but a hell of a player.
    That goalie story is pretty cool.
    Unless you're a Toronto fan, player, coach, etc., but they're used to it by now, I suppose.
    I SAW PEARL JAM