The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Anyone ever successfully extract the oil from a vape cartridge that is not working?
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    mrussel1 said:
    Anyone ever successfully extract the oil from a vape cartridge that is not working?
    That’s an interesting question. I’ve wondered that myself. How would you reuse it though? I wonder if you can put that on flower and smoke it .

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    That’s an interesting question. I’ve wondered that myself. How would you reuse it though? I wonder if you can put that on flower and smoke it .
    I found a site that sells carts that are made for the purpose.  It has an opening and you syringe it in.  I don't know that it works or not. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I found a site that sells carts that are made for the purpose.  It has an opening and you syringe it in.  I don't know that it works or not. 
    I see.
    If I was really hard up, I’d get it out and put it on some loose tobacco and roll a cig or smoke it out the bowl. I don’t know if that would work with that type of extract, but ive done that with shatter and rosin because I didn’t have any other  way. It worked great. Lol

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I see.
    If I was really hard up, I’d get it out and put it on some loose tobacco and roll a cig or smoke it out the bowl. I don’t know if that would work with that type of extract, but ive done that with shatter and rosin because I didn’t have any other  way. It worked great. Lol
    You can probably use a toothpick to dab some of that oil onto rolling sheets for some joints ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I see.
    You can probably use a toothpick to dab some of that oil onto rolling sheets for some joints ..
    I have trouble getting flower here so I get carts when I travel west.  That's why each cart is somewhat precious.  It's not hte money, it's the accessibility.  This particular one that just stopped working is some Wiz Kalifa kush from Vegas.  It's a full gram and I probably have 80% left.  
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I see.
    I guess that’s my biggest question. You can smoke it? You don’t need to activate the thc through the pen? Once it’s out of the cartridge it’s smokable through fire?

Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I see.
    I guess that’s my biggest question. You can smoke it? You don’t need to activate the thc through the pen? Once it’s out of the cartridge it’s smokable through fire?
    I would think yes, since it vaporizes at about 300 degrees.  
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I would think if you get creative you can find something in your garage to pry/break/cut that fucker open GENTLY and extract that sweet nectar...  Then yeah, soak it into tobacco or flower and enjoy!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    CM189191 said:
    Hi! said:
    ^👍🏻

About to enjoy this bowl of Orange Outlaw topped with Orange Outlaw shatter.✌️

Dude.... Might be time to upgrade from the pipe you made in high school shop class

I mean.... Unless you're still in high school, in which case, carry on
    Haha
    I was thinking the same thing.
    #FHP

That bowl I got there was first purchased by my great-grandfather during the first World War. It was bought in a little general store in Knoxville, Tennessee. Made by the first company to ever make metal bowls. Up till then people just carried wood pipes. It was bought by private Doughboy Ernie Coolidge on the day he set sail for Paris. It was my great-grandfather’s war bowl and he smoked it every day he was in that war. When he had done his duty, he went home to my great-grandmother, took the bowl out, put it an old coffee can, and in that can it stayed until my granddad Dane Coolidge was called upon by his country to go overseas and fight the Germans once again. This time they called it World War II. My great-grandfather gave this bowl to my grand dad for good luck. Unfortunately, Dane’s luck wasn’t as good as his old man’s. Dane was a Marine and he was killed, along with the other Marines at the battle of Wake Island. My granddad was facing death, he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leaving that island alive. So three days before the Japanese took the island, my granddad asked a gunner on an Air Force transport name of Winocki, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he’d never seen in the flesh, his metal bowl. Three days later, my granddad was dead. But Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to my grandmother, delivering to my infant father, his dad’s metal bowl.

This bowl. This bowl was in my daddy’s pocket when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if the gooks ever saw the bowl it’d be confiscated, taken away. The way my dad looked at it, that bowl was my birthright. He’d be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he had this bowl up his ass. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the bowl. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I’ll smoke another one.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Whoa. That is some kind of badassness all around, Hi. 

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Hi! said:

That bowl I got there was first purchased by my great-grandfather during the first World War. It was bought in a little general store in Knoxville, Tennessee. Made by the first company to ever make metal bowls. Up till then people just carried wood pipes. It was bought by private Doughboy Ernie Coolidge on the day he set sail for Paris. It was my great-grandfather’s war bowl and he smoked it every day he was in that war. When he had done his duty, he went home to my great-grandmother, took the bowl out, put it an old coffee can, and in that can it stayed until my granddad Dane Coolidge was called upon by his country to go overseas and fight the Germans once again. This time they called it World War II. My great-grandfather gave this bowl to my grand dad for good luck. Unfortunately, Dane’s luck wasn’t as good as his old man’s. Dane was a Marine and he was killed, along with the other Marines at the battle of Wake Island. My granddad was facing death, he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leaving that island alive. So three days before the Japanese took the island, my granddad asked a gunner on an Air Force transport name of Winocki, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he’d never seen in the flesh, his metal bowl. Three days later, my granddad was dead. But Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to my grandmother, delivering to my infant father, his dad’s metal bowl.

This bowl. This bowl was in my daddy’s pocket when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if the gooks ever saw the bowl it’d be confiscated, taken away. The way my dad looked at it, that bowl was my birthright. He’d be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he had this bowl up his ass. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the bowl. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I’ll smoke another one.

lol that's funny
    Careful throwing around the racial slurs tho
    Anyhow, do you need me to send you a bowl?
    There's this shop in my hood, features only local glass blowers. No imports.
    https://m.facebook.com/ClownGlass
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    lol that's funny
    Careful throwing around the racial slurs tho
    Anyhow, do you need me to send you a bowl?
    There's this shop in my hood, features only local glass blowers. No imports.
    https://m.facebook.com/ClownGlass
    I’m straight, but those are some nice pieces. I like the beaver one. I actually really like glass art work, Chihuly is actually one of my favorite artists, I’ve seen a few of his exhibits. 

Hi! said:

lol the inside cavity of pipe has to have some residue from your cavity lol 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The road to vaping

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/longform/the-road-to-vaping

The resulting law, which came into effect in May 2018, means vaping devices have fewer restrictions than tobacco and cannabis under Canada's Tobacco and Vaping Products Act.

Unlike cannabis, vaping devices can be sold anywhere, and unlike tobacco, there are no warning signs on packages and the sale of fruit flavours is allowed.

No surprise here.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    That's the scene from Pulp Fiction with Christopher Walken and the watch, guys.
    Nicely done,  Hi!
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    Happy new year everyone :D 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    Nice enjoy looks tasty 😋 
    benjs said:
    Nice enjoy looks tasty 😋 
    It may very well be the tastiest marijuana product I've ever had. If you're ever up in Toronto, would love to show you! 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    Nice enjoy looks tasty 😋 
    It may very well be the tastiest marijuana product I've ever had. If you're ever up in Toronto, would love to show you! 
    I can't see.  Are they buds?  I've seen shatter and wax come in those little jars. 
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    Nice enjoy looks tasty 😋 
    I can't see.  Are they buds?  I've seen shatter and wax come in those little jars. 
    It's flower rosin. Basically, take weed, wrap it in parchment paper, add some pressure (or a few thousand pounds if you have a press handy) and a bit of heat (well below combustion or activation temperature), and the THC crystals liquidize and ooze out. When it cools down, it's a thick goop. A small grain of rice worth at around 550 degrees fahrenheit in my nerd bong, and I'm happy. 

EV
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    Nice enjoy looks tasty 😋 
    It's flower rosin. Basically, take weed, wrap it in parchment paper, add some pressure (or a few thousand pounds if you have a press handy) and a bit of heat (well below combustion or activation temperature), and the THC crystals liquidize and ooze out. When it cools down, it's a thick goop. A small grain of rice worth at around 550 degrees fahrenheit in my nerd bong, and I'm happy. 
    Do you use the same device as for shatter or wax,  or just put a lighter on it?
    Anybody ever use a nectar collector? I used one for the first time this last week and was totally impressed. I also tried a digital one that is especially nice because you can kind of regulate the strength of the hit. They’re nice too because it’s really no fuss, you can just dip the tip in the jar of product, no handling.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I've never heard of using a nectar collector.

I've come to prefer the simplicity of flower, maybe laced with kief or hash.

And edibles of course, for sleep.

In any case, looks like you're well-set, benjs!  Happy new year :)

(The rosin instructions seem pretty simple; I may give that a try.)
    edited December 2019
    hedonist said:
    I've never heard of using a nectar collector.

I've come to prefer the simplicity of flower, maybe laced with kief or hash.

And edibles of course, for sleep.

In any case, looks like you're well-set, benjs!  Happy new year :)

(The rosin instructions seem pretty simple; I may give that a try.)
    It’s all good, lol. My favorite is also flower with a topper. Rosin is really nice. It just seems more natural because you don’t use any sort of chemical process to extract, just heat and pressure. I’m under the impression that shatter and the others use butane ect. 

mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    Nice enjoy looks tasty 😋 
    Do you use the same device as for shatter or wax,  or just put a lighter on it?
    Yeah, you can use a dab rig or a vaporizer for it. The goal is the same - heat it to a temperature that activates the THC as much as possible while preserving the flavour and not combusting. Mine is the Puffco Peak, so it's all digital to choose temperature and to pre-heat it is a 20 second process.

EV
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    Nice enjoy looks tasty 😋 
    If the show up there works for my schedule I might just make it up there again ..would love to try it ..