Options

Tulsi Gabbard for President

2»

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    she is gonna run as a spoiler. someone is funding her to do that. otherwise she has no business even being in the race at this point.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    she is gonna run as a spoiler. someone is funding her to do that. otherwise she has no business even being in the race at this point.
    She has a small but very dedicated following.  I guess most of them would probably prefer democrats to Trump...and she's definitely going to pull some of them away from the eventual nominee.  And I do believe that was her role from the get go.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    there at least 6 others that havent officially dropped out that rank below her according to several news sites......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113

Da. His name is Vlad.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Tulsi can fuck off
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    Tulsi can fuck off
    I’m surprised there hasn’t been more of this sentiment. She seems like a Republican mole inside the Democratic Party from my outside view. 
    She started off sounding “moderate” and now she’s a poster-child on Fox News.  I can only watch Fox for about 10 minutes until I feel
    like throwing up mind you... but she’s on there.
  • Options
    she has not once been on any of the talk shows on progress channel on xm sirius. the hosts of multiple shows have said that they have asked her to be on numerous times and she has not only not refused, but never even responded. yet she is on tucker carlson several times a month. that tells me all i need to know about her.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Hi! said:

I appreciate her willingness to stand up to the military industrial complex, standing against regime change wars, and being a voice for peace. She consistently talks about country over party, healing the divide, and bringing people together. Thats the message I hear when I listen to her. I personally don’t think she’ll run third party, but I guess I’m just taking her at her word. 

I also respect her service to our country. I could have joined the service, but didn’t. I watch the wars from the comfort of my living room , while she put her life on the line. 

I can't believe more people on this board don't see her in this positive light that you describe here.  I really think she's very much what a modern day liberal when it comes to economics and more classically liberal on war and social policies.  It baffles me that she isn't more popular all the way around.  She's got the rank of Major in the military and simultaneously serves in Congress-- who even does that?  I think that's pretty impressive.  She's young, but not too young, level-headed and well spoken and takes on the establishment in her own party and does it with class.  I would call myself a libertarian /  voluntaryist politically, and she's the only one in the 2 major parties who I have even looked at twice.  In the end, I do think that voting "present" on Trump's impeachment is a smart move that has her appealing to more moderates, independents, and undecided voters than anyone else.  If she were to get the D nomination, Republicans who are sick of Trump and sick of party politics would be more willing to look her way, and being friends with quite a few of them, I know they exist, and I know they will not vote for Biden, Warren, and probably not Sanders either.  But they would consider Tulsi.  Trump will not be removed or resign from office.  If impeachment achieves anything at all, it will be putting a smear on him historically, and may help defeat him in the 2020 election.  If he loses, the efforts of the Democratic party would have been worth it.  If he doesn't, their efforts will be more remembered for being partisan than deserved.  I cannot blame the democrats for doing it, but I don't actually find it very productive on the overall, and apparently neither does Tulsi.  Good for her for trying to stand out from the pack in more ways than one-- she kind of has to do that, because she's not getting the coverage the love and coverage that the other candidates are from the media.  She seems to be getting the Ron Paul treatment this election cycle.  I'm really not that surprised since some of her ideas are dangerous to the establishment, namely the military industrial complex.  By now, I would think that more people should see this trend that the person being held down / back the most by "the powers that be" would serve the interests of the people the best, and not our corporate oligarch overlords.  Judging by who is leading in the polls, it seems the American electorate have yet to figure this out.        
    I also really struggle with the idea that people actually believe that this woman is a Russian asset of some sort.  Is it because Hillary Clinton alluded to it?  She's less than believable and tends to go for the low blow when she is called out on some of the things she's done as Senator and Secretary of State, and Tulsi did exactly that to Mrs. Clinton and it was well deserved.  Hillary also has a very checkered past when it came to support of LGBTQ and same with just about everyone else still vying for the Democratic Party nomination, so to rule Tulsi out completely based on that does not seem logical considering the other choices really aren't any better in that regard.  I also can't imagine how Donald could legitimately attack her on stage in a debate, where any of the Democratic Party front runners are already easy targets for Trump soundbytes.  
    What am I missing here?

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    She is a russian asset who is being used to draw seeds of dissent in the democrat party

Luckily, she is polling at like .000000001%.  She would typically be done, but someone keeps funneling money.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I heard she is a nazi.  Or klansman.  one of the two ...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    MayDay10 said:
    She is a russian asset who is being used to draw seeds of dissent in the democrat party

Luckily, she is polling at like .000000001%.  She would typically be done, but someone keeps funneling money.
    This she’s totally being payed off , she needs to go away 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    Jason P said:
    So you're  saying she supports the current so-called president 
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Jason P said:
    Hillary?
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    yes.

she would not take a stand on the impeachment vote. she could have voted for or against the articles. she voted basically that she had no opinion on the matter. that is tacit support of trump in my opinion.