First time GA.

I entered the ticket drawing and got GA tickets for Frankfurt, Berlin, and Copenhagen. It’ll be my first time seeing PJ, and obviously my first time seeing them GA. The tickets apparently come with early access, and I know it’s way ahead in advance, but I was curious if anyone knows what time early access usually starts lining up for shows. I’ve been to smaller concerts with GA, and people have started lining up at noon the day before. I’m just wondering what to expect from a PJ concert. 

Comments

• riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    It depends on the city. NYC 2016 I was there at 9:00 the night before and had rail dead center. I did the same time for Seattle 2018 and was second from the rail. I did the same in Missoula and was 6 rows back. 

I’d say the night before for rail, and the morning of for first 5 rows. Just my take from where I’ve been. 
  • Agreed
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Would people have the same advice if it’s a show with golden circle such as Zurich?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    I got in line at 9:30 am for Seattle 2018 night 1 and was about 4 rows back, maybe 10 feet from the stage. You’re going to have an unreal experience!!
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Wrigley 1 last year got in line around noon. Ended up about 7 or 8 "rows" in front of Jeff. Wrigley night 2 on the other hand was a cluster f*** because of the delay and GA evacuation. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • kst said:
    Would people have the same advice if it’s a show with golden circle such as Zurich?
    Yes
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • JABKJABK Finland Posts: 293
    kst said:
    Would people have the same advice if it’s a show with golden circle such as Zurich?
    With 10c tickets for GA with golden circle you're guaranteed a spot in the golden circle.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    bring a butt plug - everyone will be behind you
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Like others have stated, every venue is different. I tend to walk in about 2-3 hours before the show starts and always get about 4-5 rows back on Mikes side.  I was second from rail in Greenville and that was walking in about 2 hours before start. Conversely, last year in Missoula it was way busier and a huge line for GA.  If you want the rail, the day before is probably required. 4-5 rows back my experience is always just a few hours prior. 
  • riley540 said:
    It depends on the city. NYC 2016 I was there at 9:00 the night before and had rail dead center. I did the same time for Seattle 2018 and was second from the rail. I did the same in Missoula and was 6 rows back. 

I’d say the night before for rail, and the morning of for first 5 rows. Just my take from where I’ve been. 
    Did you have early entry?
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Walked into MSG2 2016 and was 7-8 rows back, center, after doors opened. Most people seem to do well showing up the morning of in larger venues and get within 4-6 people deep.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited December 2019
    A reminder....

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/271970/there-is-no-list-number-system-for-10c-ga-lines/p1

.  THE LATEST FROM PJHQ

View this email in your browser
    Message to all Ten Club GA Standing Ticket Holders-

We are receiving complaints that members are continuing to use a list/ numbering system for reserving a spot in the early entry line and then leaving for hours. Additionally, we are hearing reports of fans designating sign up times and other such rules. These are by no means Ten Club rules. This is unacceptable and unfair to those fans that put their time and stay in line. We’ve tried very hard to ensure that our members are treated fairly and are very disappointed to hear of fans abusing each other in this way. If you leave the line, you must go to the end of the line regardless of what number, symbol, or word you may have written on your hand as this means nothing. The GA line is a first-come first-served line.

We have tried to warn Ten Club Members nicely about this, but unfortunately this abuse continues. Should we continue to hear these reports we will be forced to take further steps to prevent this from happening.

The following actions may be taken:

• Sending fans to the back of the line
    • Revoking early access wristbands
    • Revoking memberships
    • No more early entry offered to the Ten Club

Ten Club and Pearl Jam Security considers this fan run list system null and void and we encourage all fans not to participate in it. Simply stay in line in the order you arrived. Otherwise you will be placed in the back of the line, lose your early entry privileges, or lose your membership entirely. We do not want to see any numbers on hands or any lists moving forward, so please take this warning seriously.

Best regards,
    10c

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • A reminder....

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/271970/there-is-no-list-number-system-for-10c-ga-lines/p1

.  THE LATEST FROM PJHQ

View this email in your browser
    Message to all Ten Club GA Standing Ticket Holders-

We are receiving complaints that members are continuing to use a list/ numbering system for reserving a spot in the early entry line and then leaving for hours. Additionally, we are hearing reports of fans designating sign up times and other such rules. These are by no means Ten Club rules. This is unacceptable and unfair to those fans that put their time and stay in line. We’ve tried very hard to ensure that our members are treated fairly and are very disappointed to hear of fans abusing each other in this way. If you leave the line, you must go to the end of the line regardless of what number, symbol, or word you may have written on your hand as this means nothing. The GA line is a first-come first-served line.

We have tried to warn Ten Club Members nicely about this, but unfortunately this abuse continues. Should we continue to hear these reports we will be forced to take further steps to prevent this from happening.

The following actions may be taken:

• Sending fans to the back of the line
    • Revoking early access wristbands
    • Revoking memberships
    • No more early entry offered to the Ten Club

Ten Club and Pearl Jam Security considers this fan run list system null and void and we encourage all fans not to participate in it. Simply stay in line in the order you arrived. Otherwise you will be placed in the back of the line, lose your early entry privileges, or lose your membership entirely. We do not want to see any numbers on hands or any lists moving forward, so please take this warning seriously.

Best regards,
    10c

Went to a concert the other day where people pulled this. Left at 2:30 in the morning and came back around 10 trying to get in front of everyone. The number system is a madhouse. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    go what ever time u want.or feel ike..u go pick up your tickets,u go to the 10c ga line,.wait gate to open,walk in,get your spot,dance,sing,smile,laugh,share with friensds and fellow fans ytour joy..
    and dont think anything else..
    u will have  a blast
    u thank me later 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    go what ever time u want.or feel ike..u go pick up your tickets,u go to the 10c ga line,.wait gate to open,walk in,get your spot,dance,sing,smile,laugh,share with friensds and fellow fans ytour joy..
    and dont think anything else..
    u will have  a blast
    u thank me later 
    Exactly , well said 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • I entered the ticket drawing and got GA tickets for Frankfurt, Berlin, and Copenhagen. It’ll be my first time seeing PJ, and obviously my first time seeing them GA. The tickets apparently come with early access, and I know it’s way ahead in advance, but I was curious if anyone knows what time early access usually starts lining up for shows. I’ve been to smaller concerts with GA, and people have started lining up at noon the day before. I’m just wondering what to expect from a PJ concert. 
    Quick question: what exactly does GA mean ? I'm pretty new to all this. I got  tickets to Frankfurt that say standing pitch. Do I still have the chance of getting to front row or is it unlikely without the 10c tickets ? 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Lea0_00 said:
    I entered the ticket drawing and got GA tickets for Frankfurt, Berlin, and Copenhagen. It’ll be my first time seeing PJ, and obviously my first time seeing them GA. The tickets apparently come with early access, and I know it’s way ahead in advance, but I was curious if anyone knows what time early access usually starts lining up for shows. I’ve been to smaller concerts with GA, and people have started lining up at noon the day before. I’m just wondering what to expect from a PJ concert. 
    Quick question: what exactly does GA mean ? I'm pretty new to all this. I got  tickets to Frankfurt that say standing pitch. Do I still have the chance of getting to front row or is it unlikely without the 10c tickets ? 
    General Admission 

No you can not get front row with public GA tickets since 10 club will have hundreds of people in before you with early entry access. 
  • PJNB said:
    Lea0_00 said:
    General Admission 

No you can not get front row with public GA tickets since 10 club will have hundreds of people in before you with early entry access. 
    Alright thanks! Doesn't really matter it'll be a great show no matter where I'm standing:)