Options

Star Wars May the 4th be with you (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Hearing not so good things.... hope it’s not true

masterpiece gets thrown around too much, but damn don’t fuck up the last one

haha last one.... another decade hiatus then 10-12 will be announced 

None of the first reactions can be trusted, good or bad.
    This is my first reaction and I don't trust you...
    This is not the first reaction you are looking for. 
    Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me you fool!
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I just saw it. It was epic. A fitting finale.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    12 hours from now. Can't wait!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Seems to be reviewing pretty poorly. And people who's seen it here seems a bit let down
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I've spent all night reading comments on YouTube reviews. Mostly negative.
    Noone hates Star Wars films as much as Star Wars fans.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    People are generally negative shits who feel better spreading their crap for others to smell.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    In my life i’ve seen IV, Rogue One, Force Awakens, and half of Solo.  

I still feel like im prepared to see this last one.  Our youngest wants to go :lol:
  • Options
    Yoda fight scene in Clones, Vader scene in Rogue, Vader and Luke face off in Empire, Hoth battle in Empire, Battle on the Barge in Jedi.

These are some EPIC scenes.

Build off something like this.  They had a good thing going in Rogue.  Would like to see more of that.
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    Seems to be reviewing pretty poorly. And people who's seen it here seems a bit let down
    I wasn't let down at all 
    I thought it was great!!! 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

• Options
    I don't think Stormtroopers are actually wearing armor.  It must be empire mandated uniforms to take their identity away by strapping white plastic while wearing a black spandex bodysuit.  A sling shot can take one of those dudes out.  Some of the nerds fans I saw tonight in the theatre wore storm trooper armor that was more effective (and most likely OSHA compliant) than the stuff in the films.
  • Options
    So...

The morning after seeing The Rise Of Skywalker and I keep thinking about what I liked. That in and of itself is a win for this film, because after Episode VIII the opposite was true. This is not the best Star Wars movie but it is far from the worst. It doesn't always make sense but it is always great fun. It surprised me a few times and made me like a specific story choice that I was dead set against liking. Definitely worth seeing.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    edited December 2019
    CROJAM95 said:
    I’ll prob check it out on Xmas eve in imax

its not so easy to end a trilogy, hoping for the best

No way is it ending.  They'll be others after this.  Think of it like 007.  There will always be a story(s).
    I think that’s only part right. I think they’ll end this storyline with this movie and retire the characters. But there will always be some spinoff like The Mandalorian or Roque 1. Or possibly fast forward 1000 years and reset the storyline. 
    Too much financial opportunity to just end it, but I think everyone is ready for this story to be done.
    inhave a feeling they’ll do something with baby yoda. Fast forward a few hundred years to where he’s a young adult and the only connection to the current timeline and story so they can start new. Maybe be a stand-alone trilogy
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    I’m hoping this last film explains how they managed to travel faster than the speed of light but still have only mastered hologram technology equal to our 1970s. 
  • Options
    I have a lot of criticisms about how this trilogy played out. One thing it did well, however, was absolutely nail the casting. Ridley, Boyega, Isaac, and especially Driver have been fantastic.

• Options
    Savage but true.  They should have stuck with one director for the trilogy. They should have delayed this film. They should have made TROS longer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-wvqVVGRDU
  • Options
    Read this comment on a YouTube review....
    "Lukas had outlines for 7, 8, and 9 that Kennedy turned down." 
  • Options
    "McClunkey" is the final proof that no one needs to listen to George Lucas about anything ever again.

• Options
    I enjoyed the movie.  Spoiler free thoughts ....

* Adam Driver was an odd choice for Kylo Ren (which is an odd character), mainly because he is an odd person in real life (so perhaps he was perfectly cast), but his acting chops are several leagues above the rest of the cast.

* The first 15 minutes of the movie was a hyperspeed plot setup for the rest of the movie since The Last Jedi spent several hours doing nothing.  

* Kinda was hoping that Rose would end up in the Sarlacc Pit (spoiler: she doesn't)

* It was a fun visceral last movie that I thought did a decent job wrapping everything up.  The movie is mainly an action movie.  It follows a Disney Marvel footprint which obviously the public enjoys, but don't expect any deep plot conversations.  People can crap on Lucas all they want, but at his heart I think he is a storyteller.

* Oh, and I can't believe that Jar Jar Binks ended up [SPOILER]!
  • Options

• Options
    Jason P said:

* Adam Driver was an odd choice for Kylo Ren (which is an odd character), mainly because he is an odd person in real life (so perhaps he was perfectly cast), but his acting chops are several leagues above the rest of the cast.

* The first 15 minutes of the movie was a hyperspeed plot setup for the rest of the movie since The Last Jedi spent several hours doing nothing.  

* Kinda was hoping that Rose would end up in the Sarlacc Pit (spoiler: she doesn't)

* It was a fun visceral last movie that I thought did a decent job wrapping everything up.  The movie is mainly an action movie.  It follows a Disney Marvel footprint which obviously the public enjoys, but don't expect any deep plot conversations.  People can crap on Lucas all they want, but at his heart I think he is a storyteller.

How is Adam odd in real life?
  • Options
    This is hilarious. Poe has brain damage.

• Options
  • Options
    Jeremy Jahns is great. I don't agree with him about this film but he's very good at the YouTube racket.

• Options
    Why did Leia stop her Jedi training again?
    I didn't quite capture it.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

How is Adam odd in real life?
    He only eats pancakes if they have square edges and only on Tuesday on the odd week of an even month (pending it isn’t a leap year).  
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,417
    I thought it was good
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    can this please, really, be the end of this nerd marathon? :prayer:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    As the great poet Alfred Yankovic once sang, "we'll be making these movies 'till the end of time"
  • Options
    This guy is spot on...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdwPVxotGBE

Pretty much, IMO, Star Wars fans fucked this trilogy up.
    The Force Awakens: It's exactly the same story as A New Hope, where are the new ideas?
    The Last Jedi: We don't like these new ideas and this new direction, it's not what Star Wars films are
    The Rise of Skywalker: It doesn't make sense now

Disney should have shown more balls and have written the trilogy they wanted not what fans wanted.
    This is the problem with social media it is causing so much problems in the world, too much extreme division and polarisation.
    Sad that this trilogy as a whole was a wasted opportunity we will never get back.