NCAA College Football -

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mace1229 said:
    The 1 second before the half was bullshit.  The last play of the game was not.
    Just watched a rerun of the game. Yeah, that 1 second was BS. I don’t know how they would stop it, but they shouldn’t be allowed to bring in the field goal team while the review the time, allowing them to run the play the moment the ref blew the whistle. Had they just left 1 second on the clock to begin with, even with the temporary first down stop, there’d be no way to get the field goal unit out.
    If I liked Saban or Alabama I’d be pissed. But it’s kinda funny.
    Agreed.  I respect Saban and his program, but they've enjoyed the spoils long enough.  It's a nice sigh of relief that they won't be making the CFP!
    That's my fear with Clemson. 10 years ago I didn't care about college football at all. But then I married someone who was born and raised in Clemson, her dad taught there for 30 years and most of her family still lives there. We visit twice a year, so now I'm drawn in. 4 years ago everyone was rooting for them, but last year it was like "them again?" attitude. 
    But I have huge respect for that program. Dabo is a good coach, but even better recruiter and created the culture that attracts the top players. I read an article where Christian Wilkins was with some Notre Dame players (I forget the circumstances, a parade or something) and he pulled out his phone to face-time Dabo. The ND players were stunned, and asked "you can just call your coach any time and talk to him, and he answers?" I though that was a very cool story. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Guess who's back?!?! USC opts to bring back Clay Helton next season. 

Urban Meyer need one more year to sit out, or does he have other coaching plans? 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

Urban Meyer need one more year to sit out, or does he have other coaching plans? 
    Urban still has an office at Ohio State and his wife is an adjunct.  I think he's done. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    mrussel1 said:

Urban still has an office at Ohio State and his wife is an adjunct.  I think he's done. 
    local guys are saying , at a minimum, he doesnt coach again intil his son graduates college.  he plays naseball for UC?

his wife was interviewed and has been quite happy with the fact he hasnt had any headaches.

and hes seems happy to be at the desk on saturdays.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

this makes F’me very, very happy!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wobbie said:

this makes F’me very, very happy!
    Drowning sorrows.  Who does this guy have fucked up pictures of!?!?!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Lane Kiffin with another shot in the SEC, should end well for Ole Miss
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Lane Kiffin with another shot in the SEC, should end well for Ole Miss
    Ugh.  Loved his old man, but he's a doucher.  It's amazing how much nepotism is rampant and accepted in pro football. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    He's a really smart coach - offensively he is super sharp 
    He is a total and complete 💯 doucher.  No two ways about it.  
    Supposedly he has changed a lot but his players used to hate him.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Baylor should have scored a long TD pass with around 3 minutes left but some DB from Oklahoma made a crazy effort to run the receiver down from behind at the 20 and Baylor ended up kicking a FG to tie and ended up losing in OT.  Play of the game.  
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Prediction
    1. Ohio State
    2. LSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Oklahoma

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    LSU is #1, otherwise I agree with you.

A really strong final 4.
    It depends on whether the choice is made on body of work, or current eye test.  Ohio State has the most top 25 wins and they won those games by an average of 25 points, where LSU has one less top 25 win and their average margin of victory is 12.  Wisconsin looked pretty helpless last night as well, once the Buckeyes got their shit together and made a couple of adjustments.  Should be a fun CFP to watch this year.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Breaking news: 

joe burrow is a racist
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

It depends on whether the choice is made on body of work, or current eye test.  Ohio State has the most top 25 wins and they won those games by an average of 25 points, where LSU has one less top 25 win and their average margin of victory is 12.  Wisconsin looked pretty helpless last night as well, once the Buckeyes got their shit together and made a couple of adjustments.  Should be a fun CFP to watch this year.
    Yeah I think the right four are in and order doesn't matter much to me....but playing the numbers game for fun, since 1936 no other team has beaten more top 10 opponents (5) than LSU has this year.  It ties the record....

Excited to see how it shakes out and selfishly hope to see LSU play both Clemson and OSU....so whatever scenario can produce that is what I am hoping for as a fan.
    (And Oklahoma looks really good and could win, who knows.)
    Yeah I think the right four are in and order doesn't matter much to me....but playing the numbers game for fun, since 1936 no other team has beaten more top 10 opponents (5) than LSU has this year.  It ties the record....

Excited to see how it shakes out and selfishly hope to see LSU play both Clemson and OSU....so whatever scenario can produce that is what I am hoping for as a fan.
    (And Oklahoma looks really good and could win, who knows.)
    Oklahoma is dangerous because Hurts is good and has a ton of big game experience.  Defense is suspect obviously.  

The five victories are for when they played.  If you look now,  there's only 2. Texas was number 10 to start the season.  LSU also only played 8 conference games,  1 FCS team and some really,  really weak div 1 games. 
    I'm not saying Ohio state is better,  but I think their schedule was tougher,  especially closing with PSU, that team up north and Wisconsin.  Ohio state non conference was cincy, who played in their championship,  Miami who won theirs and FAU who also won their conference.  And the Bucks destroyed all of them. 

Well, good news is they are in and we will see it play out   win two games, win the glory!
    Well, good news is they are in and we will see it play out   win two games, win the glory!
    Gotta beat the best
    Boo.
    It’s official
    LSU, OSU, Clemson, OU
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    dont discount wisconsin being able to learn first hand osu tendencies and adjust for that coming in to indy.....

which we saw in the first half.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm not saying Ohio state is better,  but I think their schedule was tougher,  especially closing with PSU, that team up north and Wisconsin.  Ohio state non conference was cincy, who played in their championship,  Miami who won theirs and FAU who also won their conference.  And the Bucks destroyed all of them. 

good points. unfortunately, it didn't pan out that way. agree on hurts' experience, but I think OK gets smoked.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited December 2019
    LSU is facing OSU in the end and LSU will take it again just like in 2008. 

(#firemuschamp)
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    edited December 2019
    It's funny how Clemson is floating under the radar.  They are back to boat racing opponents again and still have as much talent as any team in the country.  Their matchup against Ohio State will be pretty awesome.  The two best sophomore QBs in the nation.  Fields vs. Lawrence.
    It's funny how Clemson is floating under the radar.  They are back to boat racing opponents again and still have as much talent as any team in the country.  Their matchup against Ohio State will be pretty awesome.  The two best sophomore QBs in the nation.  Fields vs. Lawrence.
    I don't know that they're floating.  The whole reason for the 1 vs 2 importance was Clemson.  
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't know that they're floating.  The whole reason for the 1 vs 2 importance was Clemson.  
    Exactly. Whoever is # 2 will face Clemson in the first round. The #1 team will lose to them in the championship .
    I don't think so, but I'm all for them taking advantage of it and hammering the competition.