*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited November 2019
    RiotZact said:
    Insult to injury, had money riding on Simmons to go for a triple-double. One rebound shy. 
    Oh man. What was he thinking on that last shot? Lost track of the time or did he think he was fouled? 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Is it me or does Embid and Simmons play the wrong positions?  Embid shooting 3's as a center and the Simmons playing in the post.  watching last night tells me that Philly will lose to a team that can shoot the 3's
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    RiotZact said:
    Insult to injury, had money riding on Simmons to go for a triple-double. One rebound shy. 
    Oh man. What was he thinking on that last shot? Lost track of the time or did he think he was fouled? 
    Have to think he lost track of time. That’s a pretty shitty internal clock though, if so. Plenty of time to find someone open for 3. 
    The over on Jo’s points (24) is one of the easiest bets I’ve made in a while
    chinese-happy.jpg
    That was a real solid win last night, especially on the back end of a back to back. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    The dream of 41-0 at home is alive. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    edited December 2019
    Has that ever happened before in the NBA?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Apparently not. Closest was the 85-86 Celtics when they went 40-1.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I was just kidding 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I was just kidding 

still would be kinda cool to see it happen (Maybe not this year) but i think it may happen sometime down the road somewhere in the NBA
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    2015-16 Spurs also went 40-1 at home.

41-0 is unlikely given things like back to backs etc., but certainly not impossible. Though I think in today's "load management" culture it is far more of a challenge than in the days of the 86 Celts when they all wanted to play and win every night.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    What? Thankfully I turned it off at halftime and watched Christmas Vacation.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    still alive and what a win last night (allbeit it was against Cleveland) but still impressive.

I Didn't realize Ben Simmons career high in points was only 34. Also hit his second three pointer of the year :smiley:

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    still alive and what a win last night (allbeit it was against Cleveland) but still impressive.

I Didn't realize Ben Simmons career high in points was only 34. Also hit his second three pointer of the year :smiley:

He was amazing last night. Would love to see that against a good team like Toronto tonight too!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited December 2019
    Dominating basketball for 3 and a half quarters but man those last few minutes were frustrating as hell. Still a quality win with a couple big ones on the horizon.

Has anyone heard how long Richardson is out for? They're 5-1 without him but I think they're gonna feel his absence against the C's and Nugs. Good experience for guys like Thybulle though. This kid is turning out to be so much more than expected. I didn't think he'd shoot the 3 nearly as well as he has so far. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Dominating basketball for 3 and a half quarters but man those last few minutes were frustrating as hell. Still a quality win with a couple big ones on the horizon.

Has anyone heard how long Richardson is out for? They're 5-1 without him but I think they're gonna feel his absence against the C's and Nugs. Good experience for guys like Thybulle though. This kid is turning out to be so much more than expected. I didn't think he'd shoot the 3 nearly as well as he has so far. 
    Ben has to want the ball in that situation, FT's be damned. Can't play 4 on 5 when they're pressing.

You can't get any truthful injury info out of these teams anymore.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Jojo has to get the to's under control.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Jojo has to get the to's under control.
    4 last night but only 1 in the second half and none in crunch time. Was definitely better than the other night.

Thybulle is fast becoming one of my favorite players on this team. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Thee Process DOMINATING tonight 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    That was an extremely encouraging win. 
    Embiid was great last night.
    Stupid Barkley and Shaq couldn't have waited till after last night to criticize him?
    Close game, might have been a different outcome if:
    A. Marcus Smart was available
    2. Embiid doesn't get the easy put back with just under 5 minutes left up 3 when the shot clock went off and Ennis only hit back board but refs don't call a violation
    Thirdly: Richardson gets called for the foul when he plows Brown over when the Celts are trying to inbound down 3 with 25 seconds left

Until next time.
    Poncier said:
    Stupid Barkley and Shaq couldn't have waited till after last night to criticize him?
    2. Embiid doesn't get the easy put back with just under 5 minutes left up 3 when the shot clock went off and Ennis only hit back board but refs don't call a violation
    Thirdly: Richardson gets called for the foul when he plows Brown over when the Celts are trying to inbound down 3 with 25 seconds left

Until next time.
    Fourthly - Horford didn't play either.

Enjoy your first home loss. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Horford's knee is going to be a maintenance issue, think I mentioned that when Philly signed him. Sixers offense actually seems to flow better without Al & Embiid on floor at same time, at least it looked that way last night. Wonder if Brown would consider shifting Al to coming off the bench. With Scott in the starting 5 the spacing and perimeter game looks much better.
    Poncier said:
    Horford's knee is going to be a maintenance issue, think I mentioned that when Philly signed him. Sixers offense actually seems to flow better without Al & Embiid on floor at same time, at least it looked that way last night. Wonder if Brown would consider shifting Al to coming off the bench. With Scott in the starting 5 the spacing and perimeter game looks much better.
    Brown does a great job of basically making Al the backup center. Usually, when one is on the bench, the other is playing. But their starting five is one of the most efficient in the league. 

It's a little ironic how you ripped the bench last year when Scott was actually on it and then said we wouldn't have any money to add depth. Now they've got depth and will still look to add by deadline/buyout market.

I will say the C's are better than I expected thus far, as is a lot of the East. Cream will rise in a few months...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    One guy does not a bench make. You must admit that bench was quite thin overall last year. 
    And yes the east is stronger than expected. Miami especially, and Indiana with Oladipo still out is exceeding expectation. Cream will rise and Celts will play the Clips in the finals. ;)
    Poncier said:
    One guy does not a bench make. You must admit that bench was quite thin overall last year. 
    And yes the east is stronger than expected. Miami especially, and Indiana with Oladipo still out is exceeding expectation. Cream will rise and Celts will play the Clips in the finals. ;)
    It was thinner than it is now, but wasn't as bad as you thought. They played well in the playoffs actually. 

I have my doubts that Miami will keep this up..

chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:

Until next time.
    2. ball hit the rim
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    good win. Loved J Rich & Tobi's D.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Sorry if I offend anyone but those C's uniforms are awful.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Sorry if I offend anyone but those C's uniforms are awful.
    I agree. The font is garbage.