***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    You all realize that other than the tax code everything’s trump has done was Obama’s desire.   Take a breath and educate yourself.  

Please. Tell me a story. 
    As the one trying to change minds, why don't you educate us? This is as lazy of a debate tactic as I've seen: I'm right, you're wrong, do the research and you'll see that.

Either you seriously believe this approach will work, which is shocking to discover about someone who by all rights appears intelligent and articulate, or you don't believe this will work and are here to stir pots, which seems to add up. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Fiona Hill expected to blow up the republicans’ Ukraine/Russia false storyline today
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    lol. Notes:

This fucking guy.  Right?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    edited November 2019
    That's the stammering "already been whistleblown" convo he had with Sondland, the one he lead off by saying I want nothing, I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo.

Totally normal.

Impeach, Remove, Pardon, bring in people from the Obama, Bush, Clinton admins. to fix what he's done.  
    The State Department is important.

I don't know Fiona Hill, but I can assure you, she's WAY smarter than you.
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    Fiona Hill expected to blow up the republicans’ Ukraine/Russia false storyline today
    This guy David Holmes on at the moment is also scathing. This whole situation is a disgrace. Obvious mafia-style shakedown of a country in need of support.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    edited November 2019
    Fiona Hill

November 21, 2019

Mr. Chairman, Ranking Member Nunes, and members of the Committee. Thank you for inviting me to testify before you today. I have a short opening statement.

I appreciate the importance of the Congress’s impeachment inquiry.

I am appearing today as a fact witness, as I did during my deposition on October 14th, in order to answer your questions about what I saw, what I did, what I knew, and what I know with regard to the subjects of your inquiry. I believe that those who have information that the Congress deems relevant have a legal and moral obligation to provide it.

I take great pride in the fact that I am a nonpartisan foreign policy expert, who has served under three different Republican and Democratic presidents. I have no interest in advancing the outcome of your inquiry in any particular direction, except toward the truth.

I will not provide a long narrative statement, because I believe that the interest of Congress and the American people is best served by allowing you to ask me your questions. I am happy to expand upon my October 14th deposition testimony in response to your questions today.

But before I do so, I would like to communicate two things.

First, I’d like to share a bit about who I am. I am an American by choice, having become a citizen in 2002. I was born in the northeast of England, in the same region George Washington’s ancestors came from. Both the region and my family have deep ties to the United States.

My paternal grandfather fought through World War I in the Royal Field Artillery, surviving being shot, shelled, and gassed before American troops intervened to end the war in 1918.

During the Second World War, other members of my family fought to defend the free world from fascism alongside American soldiers, sailors, and airmen.

The men in my father’s family were coal miners whose families always struggled with poverty.

When my father, Alfred, was 14, he joined his father, brother, uncles and cousins in the coal mines to help put food on the table.

When the last of the local mines closed in the 1960s, my father wanted to emigrate to the United States to work in the coal mines in West Virginia, or in Pennsylvania. But his mother, my grandmother, had been crippled from hard labor. My father couldn’t leave, so he stayed in northern England until he died in 2012. My mother still lives in my hometown today.

While his dream of emigrating to America was thwarted, my father loved America, its culture, its history and its role as a beacon of hope in the world. He always wanted someone in the family to make it to the United States.

I began my University studies in 1984, and in 1987 I won a place on an academic exchange to the Soviet Union. I was there for the signing of the Intermediate Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty, and when President Ronald Reagan met Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in Moscow. This was a turning point for me. An American professor who I met there told me about graduate student scholarships to the United States, and the very next year, thanks to his advice, I arrived in America to start my advanced studies at Harvard.

Years later, I can say with confidence that this country has offered for me opportunities I never would have had in England. I grew up poor with a very distinctive working-class accent. In England in the 1980s and 1990s, this would have impeded my professional advancement.

This background has never set me back in America. For the better part of three decades, I have built a career as a nonpartisan, nonpolitical national security professional focusing on Europe and Eurasia and especially the former Soviet Union.

I have served our country under three presidents: in my most recent capacity under President Trump, as well as in my former position of National Intelligence Officer for Russia and Eurasia under Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama. In that role, I was the Intelligence Community’s senior expert on Russia and the former Soviet republics, including Ukraine.

It was because of my background and experience that I was asked to join the National Security Council in 2017. At the NSC, Russia was a part of my portfolio, but I was also responsible for coordinating U.S. policy for all of Western Europe, all of Eastern Europe (including Ukraine) and Turkey, along with NATO and the European Union. I was hired initially by General Michael Flynn, K.T. McFarland, and General Keith Kellogg, but then started work in April 2017 when General McMaster was the National Security Advisor.

I—and they—thought I could help them with President Trump’s stated goal of improving relations with Russia, while still implementing policies designed to deter Russian conduct that threatens the United States, including the unprecedented and successful Russian operation to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.

This relates to the second thing I want to communicate.

Based on questions and statements I have heard, some of you on this committee appear to believe that Russia and its security services did not conduct a campaign against our country—and that perhaps, somehow, for some reason, Ukraine did. This is a fictional narrative that has been perpetrated and propagated by the Russian security services themselves.

The unfortunate truth is that Russia was the foreign power that systematically attacked our democratic institutions in 2016. This is the public conclusion of our intelligence agencies, confirmed in bipartisan Congressional reports. It is beyond dispute, even if some of the underlying details must remain classified.

The impact of the successful 2016 Russian campaign remains evident today. Our nation is being torn apart. Truth is questioned. Our highly professional and expert career foreign service is being undermined.

U.S. support for Ukraine—which continues to face armed Russian aggression—has been politicized.

The Russian government’s goal is to weaken our country—to diminish America’s global role and to neutralize a perceived U.S. threat to Russian interests. President Putin and the Russian security services aim to counter U.S. foreign policy objectives in Europe, including in Ukraine, where Moscow wishes to reassert political and economic dominance.

I say this not as an alarmist, but as a realist. I do not think long-term conflict with Russia is either desirable or inevitable. I continue to believe that we need to seek ways of stabilizing our relationship with Moscow even as we counter their efforts to harm us. Right now, Russia’s security services and their proxies have geared up to repeat their interference in the 2020 election. We are running out of time to stop them. In the course of this investigation, I would ask that you please not promote politically driven falsehoods that so clearly advance Russian interests.

As Republicans and Democrats have agreed for decades, Ukraine is a valued partner of the United States, and it plays an important role in our national security. And as I told this Committee last month, I refuse to be part of an effort to legitimize an alternate narrative that the Ukrainian government is a U.S. adversary, and that Ukraine—not Russia—attacked us in 2016.

These fictions are harmful even if they are deployed for purely domestic political purposes. President Putin and the Russian security services operate like a Super PAC. They deploy millions of dollars to weaponize our own political opposition research and false narratives. When we are consumed by partisan rancor, we cannot combat these external forces as they seek to divide us against each another, degrade our institutions, and destroy the faith of the American people in our democracy.

I respect the work that this Congress does in carrying out its constitutional responsibilities, including in this inquiry, and I am here to help you to the best of my ability. If the President, or anyone else, impedes or subverts the national security of the United States in order to further domestic political or personal interests, that is more than worthy of your attention. But we must not let domestic politics stop us from defending ourselves against the foreign powers who truly wish us harm.

I am ready to answer your questions.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    i like it
    This is what Mueller should have done in his testimony. He plainly wanted to communicate the scope and gravity of Russian interference in the 2016 election, but didn’t do it clearly. Hill is a much, much more effective communicator. And she’s linking it to Ukraine: “The Russians have a particular vested interest in putting Ukraine in a bad light.”
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
      Here's an example of where we are in America today....

You watch Vindman, you see the American dream. An immigrant who gave back a thousandfold, who dedicated his life to making America a better place for all, who is willing sacrifice his career and safety for truth and honor and justice. 

republicans see a commie traitor

#ITMFA 
    Fiona Hill seems credible as fuck. Will be interesting to see a bunch of conspiracy theorists go up against her. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    benjs said:
    You all realize that other than the tax code everything’s trump has done was Obama’s desire.   Take a breath and educate yourself.  

Please. Tell me a story. 
    As the one trying to change minds, why don't you educate us? This is as lazy of a debate tactic as I've seen: I'm right, you're wrong, do the research and you'll see that.

Either you seriously believe this approach will work, which is shocking to discover about someone who by all rights appears intelligent and articulate, or you don't believe this will work and are here to stir pots, which seems to add up. 

It REALLY seems very cult-like of the trump supporters at this point. The 30% (or so) that refuse to even try to be open minded when it comes to him. Those who refuse to give any information an open honest read. The Lindsay Graham's of the world. Those who stand by all the completely idiotic baseless claims he makes. Those who believe (and claim to even comprehend) all of the tweets he sends out. Those who at no point in three years have given him one iota of criticism. Those who have tried to normalize the chaos that is don t.

This guy seems to have a certain control over these people. They are unshakable and take a great pride in that. If offered, they would drink the kool-aid he offered them. They would stay at his compound. They would do his bidding. 

It is just too disappointing. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Hunter Biden is as stupid as Don Jr...….acting like a crackhead,  What a weird guy, his Brother seamed honorable.....him on the other hand.....

but the Trumps......man talk about throwing stones living in a glass house.

Its obvious you don't do what Fucking "Americas Mayor(Puke in mouth)" did and the Big Mac President did, especially during the Mueller Investigation......that's not a too smart  ...….but Hunter, can you fucking not do any dumb shit for a few weeks?? Guy is a serious liability

Netanyayu Indicted on corruption.....hopefully this is a trend for the rest of these assholes 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    This is what Mueller should have done in his testimony. He plainly wanted to communicate the scope and gravity of Russian interference in the 2016 election, but didn’t do it clearly. Hill is a much, much more effective communicator. And she’s linking it to Ukraine: “The Russians have a particular vested interest in putting Ukraine in a bad light.”
    Didn’t see it, just read it. But I love her comments re: Russian 2016 & 2020 election. Spot on. Love it love it love it.  We have a common enemy, they have attacked. Instead of attacking each other or welcoming their further attacks, we need to fight back.

get trump out of there and someone who cares about the US and our elections in.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • You all realize that other than the tax code everything’s trump has done was Obama’s desire.   Take a breath and educate yourself.  

Please. Tell me a story. 
    Plesase tell me a story. Or parrot rather. Here you have some fresh talking points:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    Why is the press focused on his self written notes?  There’s something bad about writing and reading from your own notes?

weak sauce as we used to say.
    because it is hilarious and embarrassing that this dumbass has 5 bullet points, 2 of which are excactly the same, and he can't remember them.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    lol. Notes:

The stress is increasing the pace of his mental decline. 
    Obama never used a TelePrompTer?   That is, he used something to help him remember something somebody else wrote.  

Which of course if better than writing down your own thoughts so you can remember what you want to say.  Because a pad and sharpee is bad.

please... tell me the story.  I’ve missed it. 

yeah, why don't you deliver a 45 minute state of the union address without a teleprompter.

what is it with you and the false equivalences these days? 5 bullet point vs a speech, lol.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

What happened to Obama wanting to withdraw for the Middle East?
    whataboutism much?

whataboutism much?
    whataboutism a lot!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    whataboutism much?
    whataboutism a lot!
    it is all he has. the truth is out there and has been testified to under oath by several witnesses.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    comparing one of the greatest speakers to hold that office using a teleprompter for a speech to the nation vs a bumbling boob who can't remember his own lies is laughable. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

imagine if Obama gave Turkey/Russia that victory/land......Hannitys giant head would explode....shutting down all of 6th ave
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    CROJAM95 said:
    imagine if Obama gave Turkey/Russia that victory/land......Hannitys giant head would explode....shutting down all of 6th ave
    Remember when russia was the enemy?

#ITMFA 
    pretty sure that literally every single thing trump has done, if were done by obama, all of the fox news crowd would call for removal. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    "THE FIELD"
    comparing one of the greatest speakers to hold that office using a teleprompter for a speech to the nation vs a bumbling boob who can't remember his own lies is laughable. 
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pete-souza-donald-trump-notes-impeachment_n_5dd64f5ee4b0fc53f20e2a1e
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pete-souza-donald-trump-notes-impeachment_n_5dd64f5ee4b0fc53f20e2a1e
    :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I like how the top of the notepad states, "Aboard Air Force One". It's probably standard stationary, but it also is funny because it's probably also used to help remind Trump where he is.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    These witnesses are fantastic. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jim Jordan. How can he have the position he has.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"