Green Bean Casserole -- Amazing or Disgusting?

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    NO! I would prefer this food item be forever removed from the Thanksgiving menu.
    Can't vote in the poll anymore but I'd be happy to do away with GBC.  I don't even like green beans all that much.  However, I ate some GBC yesterday because my MIL brought it.  Just keeping harmony in the family.  :smiley:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    NO! I would prefer this food item be forever removed from the Thanksgiving menu.
    Very solid thing to do!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Sister made some from scratch this year.  Very good.  Recipe takes so long to make probably not worth it.
    Fresh green beans make all the difference.  I would try fresh beans in the french's recipe.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Indifferent. Finds its way onto my plate.
    Too early to bump? :i_dunno:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    edited November 2019
    YES! Green Bean Casserole is delicious!
    Make the whole thing from scratch with a real thick base and lots of shrooms. It will change your world.
    Post edited by crookedcross on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Never too early to say..... disgusting!
    Make the whole thing from scratch with a real thick base and lots of shrooms. It will change world.
    Would you share this world changing recipe?  
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Green bean casserole sort of resembles how the holidays make me feel. I wish I could get away with just sleeping through November and December. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    deadendp said:
    Make the whole thing from scratch with a real thick base and lots of shrooms. It will change world.
    Would you share this world changing recipe?  
    I don't have one. Lol I just look one up every holiday. Just a huge difference in taste, texture and creaminess  between one made with canned shit and one made from scratch with fresh green beans
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    It's appearance is too similar to cat barf for my likings.  If not for the whole cat barf thing, it is probably delectable.  
    Jason P said:
    It's appearance is too similar to cat barf for my likings.  If not for the whole cat barf thing, it is probably delectable.  
    What in the hell does your cat eat? :sick:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    deadendp said:
    Jason P said:
    What in the hell does your cat eat? :sick:
    Usually purina kibble or green bean casserole.  Why do you ask?
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    GBC, GFY!!!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    :disappointed:
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Give me some nasty looking green bean casserole and I'll eat the hell out of it. It's Thanksgiving dammit!! :rock_on:
    Imma eat the Hell out of this again in 6 days!! Rock On Nasty!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Mashed potatoes/gravy and Green Bean Casserole.    These are all I need for Turkey Day.  Maybe some warm rolls and butter too. 
    Football beer and family.
    Take the beer, leave the GBC.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Where in the country do they eat this? Never heard of it.

US Thanksgiving. 
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    SD48277 said:
    I notice that you are without vote. 
    SD48277 said:
    Cream of Mushroom can of soup is a crime against humanity!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    SD48277 said:
    Cream of Mushroom can of soup is a crime against humanity!
    I’m willing to take one for the team :blush:
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^ A smooooth criminal ;) Brang it on!
    This image is from a site where some crazy person is actually writing about how good their version is.

This totally looks like vomit.  Yummo!

This image is also nasty, but it is from a page where someone is sharing their distaste for this dish.

Oh man, searching for pictures of this slop is a rabbit hole!
    :lol:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    What culinary genius dreamt up this puke in a casserole dish to begin with?

This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    What culinary genius dreamt up this puke in a casserole dish to begin with?

Has to be Campbell's, right?  Invent a reason for someone to buy their Cream of SomeYoungGuy Mushroom soup?

Does anyone actually slide that stuff into a pot, warm it up, and eat it?  [You need to add water to "bring it to life?"]

I love mushrooms and imagine a good soup could be made there....but, I am going with Campbell's as the marketing genius behind tricking Americans into this becoming a staple at T-giving.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    It's just green beans and a cream sauce, folks.  If that's all it takes to gross you guys out, you all must be starving!
    (I went back and read some of the original posts in this thread and laughed out loud.  Our friend Chadwick's secret with the ham is great!]