Black Crowes double acoustic album, tour, hiatus, **RETURN**

Comments

• So, with Chris wanting 75% and the drummer out of the band in 2013 instead of a 33/33/33 split... is the reason for not bringing back former members to get more of the loot themselves?

So now they get 50/50? Or is Chris still greedy, and got more than Rich?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Got the lawn 4 pack for $99 in Camden. Over $50 in fees hahaha
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Ya the fees are wicked. But I’m sure you might get upgraded if the event doesn’t sell out and they move the lawn seats/section up 
  • jefftjefft Posts: 646
    Ya the fees are wicked. But I’m sure you might get upgraded if the event doesn’t sell out and they move the lawn seats/section up 
    You think they will rebate people who put out on high priced tics if this happens lol
    Bahahaha 
    now that would be going to far
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,934
    jefft said:
    You think they will rebate people who put out on high priced tics if this happens lol

• jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Checked tickets for the Crowes show in St. Paul. They are using the “half house” setup for the arena, capacity 7,000. Using the select a seat option, I counted that somewhere around 600 tickets have been sold, with about a 1/3 of those tickets for sale via Ticketmaster resell. 

Unless there’s some sort of marketing push, this show gets moved to a different venue , or canceled.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    600 seats...that's embarrassing.
    Somebody at Live Nation is going to get demoted or worse for scheduling this tour in amphitheaters.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • It’s sad. Such a great band but with the size of the venues and the ticket sales so far I have a bad feeling about this tour and most importantly my show that I have tickets for. I’m hoping the just change venues to the Greek Theatre or something more intimate. Maybe the announce a kick ass co headliner and tickets sell fast. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • SHOULD

HAVE

SEEN

THEM

IN

AAAARGHHHHH

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,812
    Playing shows to half-filled venues can't be good for a fragile working relationship. Hope I'm wrong. 
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,889
    I was planning on going with a group of 12-14 people.  We want to be on the lawn.  Not upgraded to some shitty back of the house seats.  Might have to rethink this, lol
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    The Armory is a Live Nation venue in MSP that holds over 8k. Surprised they went with what will be a 25% full Xcel. I imagine the brothers get paid a flat rate, so no difference to them. First Ave would have been ideal, but not LN.
    I was planning on going with a group of 12-14 people.  We want to be on the lawn.  Not upgraded to some shitty back of the house seats.  Might have to rethink this, lol
    Lol I’m sure you can still be on the lawn if that’s what you desire. I just wouldn’t be surprised if they offer you closer seats 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JESUS, just looked at tickets for minneapolis. looks like they've been on sale for about 10 minutes. brutal. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Ya some markets are selling better than others. I looked at a few and Atlanta is doing pretty good. Nashville night 1 is also on track.

Some are also scary low tho.

they simply can't expect a reunion after only 5 years apart to sell that well. it's not like it was 20 years. 5 years is a fairly normal break between tours these days, and especially when it's not the original band. maybe they thought that doing the whole record would do it, but the core base of BC fans doesn't even care about the first record, do they?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    they simply can't expect a reunion after only 5 years apart to sell that well. it's not like it was 20 years. 5 years is a fairly normal break between tours these days, and especially when it's not the original band. maybe they thought that doing the whole record would do it, but the core base of BC fans doesn't even care about the first record, do they?
    Exactly. We’re still waiting for a PJ reunion 

The "Core" are so far out there they and they don't even know it. They are stuck in 1996 or 2005. And that's it.

I consider myself a BIG Crowes fan. They are my favorite group. But I cant consider myself a hard core because I feel im not as mental as they are. So that's one element missing in sales. The Hardcore's are angry  and not buying tickets.

So many bands now are touring in support of a BIG album they had in the past.

Lots of great Canadian bands are doing. They don't get bashed for doing it. We have welcomed it.

The Crowes are now doing it and the hardcores are up in arms.

I don't know how, realistically, they think Chris & Rich can get the old band back together. Because this is the biggest complaint by the BC Hardcore's. Lets look at it ...

Steve just released a book bashing the brothers to no end.

Marc Ford is not interested in big tours anymore

Ed Harsch is dead for Christ sakes.

Like how is this supposed to happen?

• jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399

Not a valid excuse.

You seen Ronnie James Dio lately? Fucker can still wail from beyond the grave!

The "Core" are so far out there they and they don't even know it. They are stuck in 1996 or 2005. And that's it.

I consider myself a BIG Crowes fan. They are my favorite group. But I cant consider myself a hard core because I feel im not as mental as they are. So that's one element missing in sales. The Hardcore's are angry  and not buying tickets.

Lots of great Canadian bands are doing. They don't get bashed for doing it. We have welcomed it.

I don't know how, realistically, they think Chris & Rich can get the old band back together. Because this is the biggest complaint by the BC Hardcore's. Lets look at it ...

I think it's different when you have canadian bands doing it. you almost expect "lower tier" bands to do it as a way to generate revenue. I think people assume Chris and Rich don't need the money, and it seems to go against what they've always, or at least somewhat historically, been about.

I personally love it. Went to the Big Wreck ILMO show, the headstones POH shows (3 of them), and I would have gone to the Tea Party shows had I not been in mexico. 

I know the Hip did it, and i will always regret not going to that show. I SO wanted to go see them when they played it at that 700 seater bar in Minneapolis, but I couldn't get anyone to go. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Not a valid excuse.

You seen Ronnie James Dio lately? Fucker can still wail from beyond the grave!
    Ride the tiger!
    I SAW PEARL JAM

Is Steve's book that much worse than what the brothers have said about each other in public? I don't think it's totally out of the question that he'll play with them again. Plus Sven on bass.

Second guitar has been a revolving door so totally cool with the dude from Earthless. And the situation on keys is certainly understandable. 

Frankly I think even with that lineup, the sheds, ticket prices, and SYMM are variables that will put people off. If you took the current lineup and booked 2k capacity rooms with $60ish tickets, I'm all over it. Even better if they're playing material from their whole catalogue. 

I think it's different when you have canadian bands doing it. you almost expect "lower tier" bands to do it as a way to generate revenue. I think people assume Chris and Rich don't need the money, and it seems to go against what they've always, or at least somewhat historically, been about.

I personally love it. Went to the Big Wreck ILMO show, the headstones POH shows (3 of them), and I would have gone to the Tea Party shows had I not been in mexico. 

I know the Hip did it, and i will always regret not going to that show. I SO wanted to go see them when they played it at that 700 seater bar in Minneapolis, but I couldn't get anyone to go. 
    I would've killed to see one of those ILMO shows down here in the States
    The shows I went to of albums done in their entirety 
    I Mother Earth - Scenery & Fish 
    the Tea Party - Transmission 
    Big Wreck - In loving memory 

enjoyed them all and I will enjoy the Crowes next summer too.
    The shows I went to of albums done in their entirety 
    I Mother Earth - Scenery & Fish 
    the Tea Party - Transmission 
    Big Wreck - In loving memory 

enjoyed them all and I will enjoy the Crowes next summer too.
    i had a ticket for S&F, but sold it the day of. kind of regret that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Here's Tampa as of 11/20. They may close the lawn AND the rear section seats.

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,889
    Great woods isn't looking much better 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    johnny colt’s stage presence suggested to me he was a “douche.” steve’s book makes it clear he was anything but. my apologies.

I disagree, will. I think steve is probably glad to be away from the madness. only steve knows how he feels.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 301
    For any CRB fans this is a killer deal, about $50 less than original price. Doesn’t surprise me though as I’ve seen a lot of copies of this still sitting at record stores.
    Betty's Midwestern Magick Blends https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HGBNWY3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_avE1DbYV8K6T1