******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Wonder why they moved the Eagles/Seahawks game from 8:20 to 1:00? Niners/Packers got moved to that spot now.
    At least give us a 4 o'clocker...
    nah make Seattle play early East Coast game.  I like it.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    It's all about the dough. This way they could spread the 3 games over the entire day rather than doubling up in one time slot.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    I'm old now and don't like home night games. I'll take a 1pm home for every game. It's more the day after the night game than the night game itself.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited November 2019
    pjhawks said:
    Wonder why they moved the Eagles/Seahawks game from 8:20 to 1:00? Niners/Packers got moved to that spot now.
    At least give us a 4 o'clocker...
    nah make Seattle play early East Coast game.  I like it.
    Heard on the radio that Wilson is 4-1 playing at 1:00 on the East Coast. (I didn't do a fact-check) Though, i thought the same as you. 
    bummer for Sproles but he had one hell of a career.  Hopefully Howard's injury doesn't linger.  I'd hold him out this week. 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Waiting for Howard to end up on the IR.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Waiting for Howard to end up on the IR.
    I have him in a league where the only way to get rid of someone is if they get injured and dont play a game.  Hoping he sits out at least a game. 
    Sorry!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    How does a team have this many injuries during a bye week? Can't believe Ajayi may play this week. Scott should get a couple carries. He has a quick burst.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Sproles should have retired two years ago. Great career but it was stupid to keep bringing  him back. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Alshon out against the Pats
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited November 2019
    Has wentz always had a “sleeve” tattoo on right arm? Never noticed it until now. 

Go 🦅!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Has wentz always had a “sleeve” tattoo on right arm? Never noticed it until now. 

Go 🦅!
    It’s a dork camo sleeve thing, to make sure the defenders can’t see him 
    For what we gave up to get him and for how he’s being paid, Wentz needs to be a lot better than this. 

chinese-happy.jpg

Go 🦅!
    It’s a dork camo sleeve thing, to make sure the defenders can’t see him 
    oh ok I thought it might be something like that but wasn't sure. I thought i saw someone else on the Eagles have the same thing on their arm also.

Yeah that game was tough to watch.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    For what we gave up to get him and for how he’s being paid, Wentz needs to be a lot better than this. 

Jeez it’s McNabb all over again. Give him shitty receivers and expect him to be exceptional. If Agholor catches the ball against Atlanta,  arcega-whiteside catches the ball against the Detroit and Agholor doesn’t overrun the ball today and catches the last one that hits him in the hands the narrative is different isn’t it? Those 3 are on wentz? 

baffling that Scott got as many touches in second half as sanders. 

Can we put Peters out to pasture? Greatest o lineman we’ve ever had but he is done
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Wondering if people are going to kill agholar over that last play.  Would have been a ridiculous catch.  I don't think you expect that play to be made.  
    Would've been amazing, tho.
    Wondering if people are going to kill agholar over that last play.  Would have been a ridiculous catch.  I don't think you expect that play to be made.  
    No that would’ve been an amazing catch. He did miss a much easier one earlier though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

Jeez it’s McNabb all over again. Give him shitty receivers and expect him to be exceptional. If Agholor catches the ball against Atlanta,  arcega-whiteside catches the ball against the Detroit and Agholor doesn’t overrun the ball today and catches the last one that hits him in the hands the narrative is different isn’t it? Those 3 are on wentz? 

baffling that Scott got as many touches in second half as sanders. 

Can we put Peters out to pasture? Greatest o lineman we’ve ever had but he is done
    Dude. Stop. McNabb was really good for a good amount of time and won a bunch of playoff games. 

Daniel Jones has a higher completion percentage than Carson right now. How are his weapons?

Wentz needs to be much better. Period. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    No that would’ve been an amazing catch. He did miss a much easier one earlier though. 
    Yeah, I want the guy to do well but he does not appear to have the chops to be a #1 guy and they need him to be. 
    Crazy how this worked, as the first game it looked like they had SO many options with those top 3 WR and the 2 TEs + the backs.
    NFL is a wild league.  Now they are looking at a shitbum who the WR desparate 49ers cut to be a go-to guy in Jordan Matthews.
    If the 49ers cut him, he hasn't got anything left.  Their options beyond their top 3 guys are horrid right now.  (And injuries mess w/2 of those top 3)
    Yeah, I want the guy to do well but he does not appear to have the chops to be a #1 guy and they need him to be. 
    Crazy how this worked, as the first game it looked like they had SO many options with those top 3 WR and the 2 TEs + the backs.
    NFL is a wild league.  Now they are looking at a shitbum who the WR desparate 49ers cut to be a go-to guy in Jordan Matthews.
    If the 49ers cut him, he hasn't got anything left.  Their options beyond their top 3 guys are horrid right now.  (And injuries mess w/2 of those top 3)
    Whats crazy is they won the Super Bowl with, pretty much, the same receiving corps not even two years ago. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Whats crazy is they won the Super Bowl with, pretty much, the same receiving corps not even two years ago. 
    Healthy, though, right? 
    edited November 2019
    Doug is brutal. 40 passes is too many. Nelson sucks. Wentz ugh.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited November 2019
    only because he fucked up the route to it. he has no clue how to track balls in the air. if he could track a pass correctly it would have hit him right in the hands. he overran it . it was behind him because he ran to it incorrectly.  agholor fucked that play up and cost them a chance to win the game . it was a perfect pass.

wentz missing ertz on 2nd down at the 20 was a killer. he was open but ertz also admitted their communication was off on that play.

wentz is a stud but the fan base is starting to treat him like they did McNabb.  it's eerily similar at this point. i don't get it.

and I've never seen Brady look so average as he did yesterday. their offense was as putrid as the Eagles was.

Post edited by pjhawks on
    pjhawks said:
    only because he fucked up the route to it. he has no clue how to track balls in the air. if he could track a pass correctly it would have hit him right in the hands. he overran it . it was behind him because he ran to it incorrectly.  agholor fucked that play up and cost them a chance to win the game . it was a perfect pass.

wentz missing ertz on 2nd down at the 20 was a killer. he was open but ertz also admitted their communication was off on that play.

wentz is a stud but the fan base is starting to treat him like they did McNabb.  it's eerily similar at this point. i don't get it.

and I've never seen Brady look so average as he did yesterday. their offense was as putrid as the Eagles was.

That ball had a tough trajectory, don't you think?
    pjhawks said:

That ball had a tough trajectory, don't you think?
    not really. i mean he lofted the ball to the perfect spot in the end zone. it's up to the receiver to track it and get underneath it. agholor overran and had to reach back.  good angle from behind QB below.  the ball is in the air and agholor runs past it essentially and has to reach back. if he could see and track it correctly it falls right into his hands. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/eagles-lose-critical-game-to-patriots-when-nelson-agholor-cant-come-up-with-gametying-catch-004310362.html
    Yeah, just in watching the replay it looked like he would be Willie Mays basket catching in CF while he was well covered.
    How Carson was able to pinpoint that throw was amazing.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I guess Agholoar would've never been a good outfielder in baseball. He has NO clue how to track a ball.  Could you picture him in the outfield trying to shag fly balls? It would be laughable. 

JK_Livin said:
    Doug is brutal. 40 passes is too many. Nelson sucks. Wentz ugh.
    Pretty much.

Even with the minimal runs, why is Boston Scott touching the ball as much as Sanders in the second half? Just give those carries to the better back. 

At least the defense is getting healthy and playing better. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited November 2019
    pjhawks said:

He looks more like late career McNabb than early career McNabb this season. Numbers or eye test--neither is pretty. And I think its more the national media who recognize this than the fan base to be honest. Donovan managed to be a top ten rated passer pretty regularly with slop Andy surrounded him with early in his career. Wentz is just not having a good season. Luckily after Seattle, they have the second easiest schedule so they could still run the table. But he has got to be better. They're paying him to be a top 5 level qb. He is nowhere near that right now. 

And Brady is pretty much an above average qb at this point in his career.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    You guys are tough on Agholor considering the wind yesterday, and the possibility/probability the throw was supposed to be a bit more to the left but Wentz had to rush and throw off his back foot.
    This weekend we rock Portland