Record Store Day 2019

13»

Comments

• manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    ^^^thank you dankind, snagged me one! 🙂
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Hobbes said:
    Got three of the four I wanted going in
    Dylan
    Lennon 
    Janis
    No PJ left locally but I just ordered online from Dr Strange Records so I got four for four after all
    Did you get an email confirmation from Dr. Strange? There was some chatter on The Porch earlier today about Dr. Strange's inconsistencies with fulfilling RSD orders.
    Yes got one. We shall see if it stands.
    Otherwise I will just wait the 90 days until it is released as the next vault.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hobbes said:
    Dylan
    Lennon 
    Janis
    No PJ left locally but I just ordered online from Dr Strange Records so I got four for four after all
    Did you get an email confirmation from Dr. Strange? There was some chatter on The Porch earlier today about Dr. Strange's inconsistencies with fulfilling RSD orders.
    Same boat. 

I’m actually more bummed about missing out on Pink Floyd and Otis Redding. Oh, and The Ramones release if I get hosed by Dr. Strange on that one, too. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    dankind said:
    Hobbes said:
    Dylan
    Lennon 
    Janis
    Same boat. 

I’m actually more bummed about missing out on Pink Floyd and Otis Redding. Oh, and The Ramones release if I get hosed by Dr. Strange on that one, too. 
    I know that some retailers were waiting for this coming Saturday to offer their remaining stock online. So, there's that.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I got Eric Clapton Live 2001 and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - 4 Way Street
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2019
    axeljohan said:
    Again, if someone in the US could hook me up with an extra I am Sam, please pm me. 
    @axeljohan Available here, and TTL ships internationally (https://www.turntablelab.com/collections/record-store-day-2019-vinyl-exclusives/products/i-am-sam-i-am-sam-soundtrack-vinyl-2lp-record-store-day).
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Anyone have an extra Billy Joel from RSD??
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    dankind said:
    Hobbes said:
    Dylan
    Lennon 
    Janis
    Same boat. 

Well just got the email that I got burned and no easy street for me. Oh well I guess I wait.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    It was a great time once again.  Got there four hours early and was surprised to be second in line.  Most people went to the other shops to line up for some reason.  Line was about 80 deep when they opened.  

Green Day Woodstock 94
    Pearl Jam Easy Street
    The Crow (two copies)
    Weezer B-Sides
    Billy Joel Carnegie Hall 77
    Bone Thugs

Mad Season Splatter (two days later)

My favorite release so far is The Crow.  Sound quality is terrific.  Noticable improvement over the CD that i play through the same receiver/speakers.  Album is killer in general. 
  • BikePHLBikePHL Posts: 471
    I waited until to today and was still able to pick up both Iggy Pop releases, Lou Reed, and Green River.  Id love to find the REM release but realize to my not happen.  Prince, Bowie, Fat Lip, and the Ramones could happen if I find myself at a record shop during a moment of weakness...  
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater - June 25, 2011, Tres Mountains - TLA - March 23, 2011, Brad - World Cafe Live- Oct. 10, 2010, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 12, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 11,2009, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 19, 2008, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Wachovia Center - Oct 03, 2005, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003, Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003, First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003, Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited April 2019
    I wish PJ would've had a new record to buy on Record Store Day!!
    With a big summer tour on the way!!
    No such luck.
    Come on PJ!! 
    Get back in the saddle!!
    We're all sitting here, patiently waiting talking about other bands because you are not giving us anything to talk about.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Yesterday, I met a woman who was instrumental in starting up RSD.  Really cool!  She said one of the reasons they did it was to support independent record sellers.  Right on! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    yup!