***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    why is it ok to make fun of someone for their appearance just because they don't jive with your politics?
    See the first Kennedy-Nixon debate for why appearances matter.
    putting on your best face during a presidential debate and making fun of someone's hair because you don't like their politics is obviously WAY different. 
    No shit.

But television viewers were completely turned off by Nixon -- who was leading quite well in the polls and arguably won the actual debate, even Johnson (Kennedy's running mate), who listened to the debate on the radio, thought so -- because he looked like a goddamn hobo compared to a fresh-faced JFK.

People judge other people based on their appearance, and a lot of times appearances hold the advantage over actual substance.

I'm not saying that it's fair or that I agree with it; I'm just saying it's a natural thing with humanity, as evidenced here as well.
    "no shit". so what are you even talking about?

of course it's a natural thing to judge based on appearance. I never said it wasn't. look, we're talking about completely different things here. obviously appearance matters. that's how 99% of social attraction works. 

I'm saying it's low and stupid to attack someone for it simply because you don't like them. I don't see anyone making fun of any democrats' appearance in these threads. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    why is it ok to make fun of someone for their appearance just because they don't jive with your politics?
    See the first Kennedy-Nixon debate for why appearances matter.
    putting on your best face during a presidential debate and making fun of someone's hair because you don't like their politics is obviously WAY different. 
    No shit.

But television viewers were completely turned off by Nixon -- who was leading quite well in the polls and arguably won the actual debate, even Johnson (Kennedy's running mate), who listened to the debate on the radio, thought so -- because he looked like a goddamn hobo compared to a fresh-faced JFK.

People judge other people based on their appearance, and a lot of times appearances hold the advantage over actual substance.

I'm not saying that it's fair or that I agree with it; I'm just saying it's a natural thing with humanity, as evidenced here as well.
    "no shit". so what are you even talking about?

of course it's a natural thing to judge based on appearance. I never said it wasn't. look, we're talking about completely different things here. obviously appearance matters. that's how 99% of social attraction works. 

I'm saying it's low and stupid to attack someone for it simply because you don't like them. I don't see anyone making fun of any democrats' appearance in these threads. 
    And I agree. In the hobo Nixon case, he was brushed off by people who up until then actually liked and supported him. That seems beyond low and stupid to me. Willfully ignorant comes to mind.

Hell, most of the human race is low and stupid -- even more so when politics are involved.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited October 2019
    ikiT said:
    they're gonna take Pence too.

President Pelosi.
    only in a movie would that happen. 
    I've seen this mentioned in a lot of places.  Don't think it's been mainstream media yet.  But that is the type of talk that bugs me.  Focus on the investigation.  We have proof and will have more re:Donald Trump.  If Pence come into it it only muddies the waters.  
    it's just more "we need to bring down the entire trump admin" and it will literally never happen. ivanka won't be indicted, jared won't be indicted, nor will eric or don jr, or kellyanne or sarah sanders, kavanaugh won't be impeached, etc. it's all just hopes and dreams. 
    Again, these things probably will not happen, but the odds are probably higher than you think. 

A month ago most people thought he wouldn’t be impeached. Life comes at you fast. 
    and he still hasn't been impeached. it was the same with mueller. he was going to bring everyone down. he didn't. now this. maybe he'll be impeached. maybe he won't. but he won't be convicted. nor will any of his kids. 
    He’s going to be impeached. And I think the odds of conviction are higher than you think, as are the odds of his kids being charged and convicted of something at some point. 
    I'm sure he will. But all I'm saying is everyone is STILL, after all this time, putting the cart before the horse. people are already acting like he already has been. people are already moving onto removal, when they haven't even voted to impeach or not yet. they are still in the inquiry phase, and I haven't seen a lick of progress on that end either. what exactly is this anyway? are they waiting until they know they have enough support in the house to get it done? was an impeachment inquiry done with Bill?
    Well I can only speak for myself. I've thought he would be impeached by the end of this year since the day he was elected. Always knew the odds of being convicted were low but it would depend on the mood of the country at the time pretty much. So no carts in front of horses here and my opinion/prediction has not changed has not changed one bit. Regarding the public sentiment: t's nice to see the public get behind this as quickly as they have. Time will tell. 

Not sure if they did an inquiry or went right with the vote with Clinton or not. I think they should go to a vote asap to take that argument away from Trump but it is entirely up to Pelosi. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ikiT said:

President Pelosi.
    I've seen this mentioned in a lot of places.  Don't think it's been mainstream media yet.  But that is the type of talk that bugs me.  Focus on the investigation.  We have proof and will have more re:Donald Trump.  If Pence come into it it only muddies the waters.  
    it's just more "we need to bring down the entire trump admin" and it will literally never happen. ivanka won't be indicted, jared won't be indicted, nor will eric or don jr, or kellyanne or sarah sanders, kavanaugh won't be impeached, etc. it's all just hopes and dreams. 
    Again, these things probably will not happen, but the odds are probably higher than you think. 

A month ago most people thought he wouldn’t be impeached. Life comes at you fast. 
    and he still hasn't been impeached. it was the same with mueller. he was going to bring everyone down. he didn't. now this. maybe he'll be impeached. maybe he won't. but he won't be convicted. nor will any of his kids. 
    He’s going to be impeached. And I think the odds of conviction are higher than you think, as are the odds of his kids being charged and convicted of something at some point. 
    I'm sure he will. But all I'm saying is everyone is STILL, after all this time, putting the cart before the horse. people are already acting like he already has been. people are already moving onto removal, when they haven't even voted to impeach or not yet. they are still in the inquiry phase, and I haven't seen a lick of progress on that end either. what exactly is this anyway? are they waiting until they know they have enough support in the house to get it done? was an impeachment inquiry done with Bill?
    Well I can only speak for myself. I've thought he would be impeached by the end of this year since the day he was elected. Always knew the odds of being convicted were low but it would depend on the mood of the country at the time pretty much. So no carts in front of horses here and my opinion/prediction has not changed has not changed one bit. Regarding the public sentiment: t's nice to see the public get behind this as quickly as they have. Time will tell. 

Not sure if they did an inquiry or went right with the vote with Clinton or not. I think they should go to a vote asap to take that argument away from Trump but it is entirely up to Pelosi. 
    too bad it seems pelosi is the only one who is waffling on this. i mean, what does she have to lose? it's not like she's planning on running for prez and needs to choose her time carefully. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

ikiT said:

President Pelosi.

too bad it seems pelosi is the only one who is waffling on this. i mean, what does she have to lose? it's not like she's planning on running for prez and needs to choose her time carefully. 
    She's just trying to protect the moderate congressmen and women. She's played this perfectly thus far. I think she knows what she is doing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ikiT said:

President Pelosi.

She's just trying to protect the moderate congressmen and women. She's played this perfectly thus far. I think she knows what she is doing. 
    protect them how?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

ikiT said:

President Pelosi.

protect them how?
    Well they're in Trump districts so that is why she waited until there was a super obvious and super easy reason to just start an inquiry a couple weeks ago. Having them go on record early with a formal vote could jeopardize them next year. But now that the public is so much behind it, they can probably go with an official vote to start the 
    chinese-happy.jpg

chinese-happy.jpg
  • I wouldn’t trust Team Trump Treason on this one iota. Remember “I’ll sit down and talk to anyone?” Get the fuck outta here. And his lawyer just wrote an 8 page screed of all the damage the dems are doing to democracy. Sucker. Time to get aboard the impeachment train, woot, woot, woooooooooooot!

https://apple.news/ASqpql2k1RiWno_6Zb8HUNQ
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517

Can we get the effing eff on with this already?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Never say never and there’s always a chance. Aaaaaaaaaalll aboard! Woot, woot, woooooooooooooooot!

https://apple.news/Ac67fh_7SRIe4PfPrQ6qJHg
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    Get on with it.  If you rip that off quick you wont even feel it.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    "THE FIELD"
    So no Democrat candidate topic again? What the heck happened? Do we need a voter ID check to be qualified to post there?
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    anything interesting in the news today?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    So no Democrat candidate topic again? What the heck happened? Do we need a voter ID check to be qualified to post there?

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited October 2019
    Smellyman said:

Well this sure seems familiar. He should start posting here. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • And don’t forget about the NRA, Maria Butina, and the $30 MM funneled to super pacs and the Team Trump Treason campaign. Soliciting foreign donations and actually seeing it accomplished? Hmmmmmmm. Ghouliani draining the swamp. Suckers.

Brilliantati©
    Stormy too.  That's election crime.  Different lawyer, but STILL CRIME.   Still illegal and still impeachable.

Bob Mueller tried to help.   Corruption in Ukraine...HILARIOUS.
    He's embarrassing us all.  On the regular.  

He's unfit.

• But I thought Team Trump Treason didn’t know any Russians?

https://apple.news/AFOo17QxPRxakuJIqJx0z8A

And,

“There was no collusion.”
    “I have nothing to hide.”
    “I don’t know any Russians.”
    “I’ll sit down and talk with anyone.”
    “We do everything by the book.”
    “Only the guilty plea the fifth.”
    “Very legal, very cool.”
    “Fully exonerated.”
    “Essentially no obstruction.”
    “Very friendly and totally appropriate.”

Brilliantati©

edited October 2019
    mmm Turkey. Right across from Ukraine. not suspicious at all.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    edited October 2019
    Because he looks funny and since he’s  an enabler of the most corrupt president in our history, making fun of him provides an outlet for our emotional disgust. . 
    Because he looks funny and since he’s  an enabler of the most corrupt president in our history, making fun of him provides an outlet for our emotional disgust. . 
    I owe you one domestic beer.
    Think Miller High Life or PBR.  It's gonna be ice cold and great.