St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Harbaughahaha :lol:
    Michigan looks like complete trash
    they are.
    All hype because of Harbaugh.  They have nothing else. 

Still have two big games coming up, hopefully they aren't as bad as this.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
  • Haha Lolville I mean Louisville. 
    embarrassing,  considering how horrific FSU is right now.

GO DAWGS!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    WYO lost a heart breaker. the successor to josh allen is about as bad a college QB as I’ve ever seen.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    a 52 year old shouldn’t have that mullet. 

no one should have that mullet.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Sonofabitch 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited September 2019
     Notre Dame wins out and they are in the playoffs.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
     Notre Dame wins out and they are in the playoffs.
    I'm aware of this endless time loop as well.
    Wazzou throws for NINE TD’s.....and loses.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    "Not going to happen." Says Urban Meyer of taking over for Harbaugh at Michigan.

Meanwhile, he hasn't refuted the stronger rumors of succeeding Clay Helton at USC. Hmmm....it's about to get interesting. And I REALLY don't need any further reasons to dislike USC. Just as I do with Michigan, I cannot stand them, but I do have a respect for their organization. This would change that.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    fuck khaki pants harbaugh.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Fuck Urban AND khaki pants Harbaugh
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Thoughts?

California governor signs bill allowing NCAA athletes to get paid
    5h ago    https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1845257
    Bob Drebin/ISI Photos / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    LOS ANGELES CA - SEPTEMBER 07 The Stanford Cardinal football team huddles before the game during a game between USC and Stanford Football at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on September 7 2019 in Los Angeles California

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed into law Monday a plan allowing NCAA athletes in the state to make money from endorsement deals. The governor did so during an episode of LeBron James' HBO show, "The Shop."

The California state senate passed the Fair Pay to Play Act earlier in September, with the law slated to go into effect in January 2023. The NCAA has called the legislation "unconstitutional."

On Monday, the sporting body said that while its system needs changes, they should happen on a national level rather than state-by-state.

"As more states consider their own specific legislation related to this topic, it is clear that a patchwork of different laws from different states will make unattainable the goal of providing a fair and level playing field for 1,100 campuses and nearly half a million student-athletes nationwide," an NCAA statement said.

NCAA president Mark Emmert said last week that any bill that grants athletes the ability to profit off of their name, image, and likeness would be an "existential threat" to college sports.

Newsom said collegiate athletes deserve to be treated the same as other students when it comes to money-making opportunities.

"Every single student in university can market their name, image, and likeness; they can go and get a YouTube channel, and they can monetize that," the Democratic governor told the New York Times' Alan Blinder. "The only group that can't are athletes. Why is that?"

California houses multiple powerhouse Division I athletic programs, including USC, UCLA, Stanford, and Cal.

Hmmm.  NCAA and California squaring off in a battle.  What could possibly go wrong?
    cutz said:
    Thoughts?

California houses multiple powerhouse Division I athletic programs, including USC, UCLA, Stanford, and Cal.

We are going to need a DeLorean, some plutonium, and a flux capacitor to make that statement ring true.
    Jason P said:
    cutz said:
    Thoughts?

We are going to need a DeLorean, some plutonium, and a flux capacitor to make that statement ring true.

:lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    cutz said:
    Thoughts?

California governor signs bill allowing NCAA athletes to get paid
    5h ago    https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1845257
    Bob Drebin/ISI Photos / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    LOS ANGELES CA - SEPTEMBER 07 The Stanford Cardinal football team huddles before the game during a game between USC and Stanford Football at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on September 7 2019 in Los Angeles California

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed into law Monday a plan allowing NCAA athletes in the state to make money from endorsement deals. The governor did so during an episode of LeBron James' HBO show, "The Shop."

The California state senate passed the Fair Pay to Play Act earlier in September, with the law slated to go into effect in January 2023. The NCAA has called the legislation "unconstitutional."

On Monday, the sporting body said that while its system needs changes, they should happen on a national level rather than state-by-state.

"As more states consider their own specific legislation related to this topic, it is clear that a patchwork of different laws from different states will make unattainable the goal of providing a fair and level playing field for 1,100 campuses and nearly half a million student-athletes nationwide," an NCAA statement said.

NCAA president Mark Emmert said last week that any bill that grants athletes the ability to profit off of their name, image, and likeness would be an "existential threat" to college sports.

Newsom said collegiate athletes deserve to be treated the same as other students when it comes to money-making opportunities.

"Every single student in university can market their name, image, and likeness; they can go and get a YouTube channel, and they can monetize that," the Democratic governor told the New York Times' Alan Blinder. "The only group that can't are athletes. Why is that?"

so they passed a law that will help maybe 100-200 students?  meanwhile the other 100,000 (no idea the numbers) of college students in California will graduate riddled with ridiculous student loan debt that will take years to pay off.  shouldn't those students be a much higher priority the the Reggie Bush's of the world?  

I also am going to start advocating that these regular college students get all the benefits that D1 athletes (ok mostly basketball and football) get: no college loan debt, free meals, free apparel, access to tutors (changed grades and of course sham classes at North Carolina), health care, trainers, etc.   wow i guess with all that these guys really don't have it so badly do they?
    Regular college students can go out and make money any way they want. Why should an athlete be denied the same opportunity?
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Regular college students can go out and make money any way they want. Why should an athlete be denied the same opportunity?
    On the flip side, regular students don't get free tuition, free room and board, free food, free books, free clothes, free medical, free tutoring and counseling, free trainers, free nutritionists. A lot of the regular students have to pay for all that.  

Its not all black and white like a lot of people think. And all this is really just for a select few football and basketball players that will go pro eventually.  What about all the athletes on the 98% of sports teams that don't make money and no one knows about? Lot of grey area to wade through. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    On the flip side, regular students don't get free tuition, free room and board, free food, free books, free clothes, free medical, free tutoring and counseling, free trainers, free nutritionists. A lot of the regular students have to pay for all that.  

Its not all black and white like a lot of people think. And all this is really just for a select few football and basketball players that will go pro eventually.  What about all the athletes on the 98% of sports teams that don't make money and no one knows about? Lot of grey area to wade through. 
    well said.   and i think the unintended consequences may end up hurting the other 98%. this is where i have a problem with all of this.  
    A lot of regular students get academic scholarships, free room & board, grants, and other free money, too.  This isn't about that school is giving them education in exchange to play sports and piss on everyone else.  It's about a person's right to make money off their own likelihood instead of someone else taking it all.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    A lot of regular students get academic scholarships, free room & board, grants, and other free money, too.  This isn't about that school is giving them education in exchange to play sports and piss on everyone else.  It's about a person's right to make money off their own likelihood instead of someone else taking it all.
    and almost all other sports offer scholarships too.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    and almost all other sports offer scholarships too.....
    very few are 100% like football and basketball though.  football and basketball players get a whole lot more. it's not the same.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    edited October 2019
    Local radio took almost an entire 3 hour show discussing the NIL bill. I will say that I have no problems with athletes being able to earn money off their NIL. I think that it's going to be much more complex to actually move forward with it. There are possible Title IX issues to deal with, tax issues, etc. Also, there will have to be some consideration of how this affects recruiting. The schools with the biggest money donors will be at an even greater advantage than they already are. Ultimately, I think it's a step in the right direction and they have until 2023 to figure it out, although with it being the NCAA, I'm not confident they have enough brain power to figure it out. At the very least, this could mean EA Sports possibly bringing back the NCAA Football video game series.
    Post edited by markymark550 on
    buckeyes could have looked better but it’s another W against a quality opponent.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Wobbie said:
    buckeyes could have looked better but it’s another W against a quality opponent.
    yep, a 4 and now 2 opponent....... slow start, explosive final 4 min of 2nd q and either msu adjusted fantastic or osu was largely in protect the lead mode or both.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Notre Dame welcomes USC this weekend. One of CFB's greatest rivalries. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Indeed it is.  Wish we had a better club.  Would be happy to have Slovis back from concussion.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved