Options

Bands you can't stand.

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    pjhawks said:
    Beck - pure drivel in my eyes. i am convinced people only said they liked him because it was cool or something. never got it. never understood it.

You have to see him live to get it. 
    Well, people say that, but I've seen Beck live, and I loved it, but it didn't improve my feelings about him. I already loved him and he played the music I already loved. I doubt that seeing him live would change the mind of someone who really dislikes his music. He isn't especially amazing live so that it makes bad music good. He puts on a solid performance and sounds good (he also never seems to age, which is interesting... I'm starting to think that Scientologists actually have a secret cure to aging! :lol: ). People used to say the same thing to me about DMB... They were so wrong it was funny. Seeing them live only made me hate them more, haha. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjhawks said:
    Beck - pure drivel in my eyes. i am convinced people only said they liked him because it was cool or something. never got it. never understood it.

You have to see him live to get it. 
    Well, people say that, but I've seen Beck live, and I loved it, but it didn't improve my feelings about him. I already loved him and he played the music I already loved. I doubt that seeing him live would change the mind of someone who really dislikes his music. He isn't especially amazing live so that it makes bad music good. He puts on a solid performance and sounds good (he also never seems to age, which is interesting... I'm starting to think that Scientologists actually have a secret cure to aging! :lol: ). People used to say the same thing to me about DMB... They were so wrong it was funny. Seeing them live only made me hate them more, haha. ;)
    Beck has a wonderful assortment of hats live. 

DMB is awesome.  I've seen them about 45x, just behind  PJ. They went stale from about 2013 until 17. Needed some rejuvenation.  They got it with the new album and Buddy Strong.  Now they are in the zone again. 
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Led Zeppelin
    Pink Floyd
    Guns n Roses
    Kiss
    Aerosmith
    fleetwood Mac 

Pink Floyd?! How? Why?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    The Beatles, though mostly John Lennon. I do recognize their immense influence on modern music, but I generally hate hearing their songs. I do like George.
    a LOT of JL's solo stuff is utter trash. 
    Imagine and John Lennon/Plastic Ono band are awesome. Standout albums for me. The rest is hit and miss.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I had to go thru this thread to see if I posted anything years ago that hasn't aged well. I don't *think* I found myself here, but I could've missed a post. Anyway, here's a few of mine. (Some of you have seen a few of these in the Weakest Link threads.)
    -Journey
    -The Eagles
    -Janis Joplin
    -Led Zeppelin
    -Greta Van Fleet (I mean, if I don't like Zeppelin...)
    -Lynyrd Skynyrd ...and pretty much all southern rock, honestly.

There's a lot of "classic rock" that just doesn't grab me.
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    edited September 2019
    Dave Matthews Band
    The Hold Steady
    Coldplay
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Guns n Roses 

Def Leppard
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Anything with more growling than singing.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    rgambs said:
    Guns n Roses 

Def Leppard
    Oh yeah, Guns N Roses too.  I seriously don't get why every dude fuckin nuts in their pants at the sheer mention of GNR.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    Not only CAN I stand this band, I can STAND UP one of their records!  :smiley:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.