NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Just finished season 3 of GLOW. First two season were way better.  This one was ok but not great. I think there was more sex scenes than wrestling scenes.
    And that makes the first two seasons better?

Dave, Dave, Dave. What are we going to do with you?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    dankind said:
    Just finished season 3 of GLOW. First two season were way better.  This one was ok but not great. I think there was more sex scenes than wrestling scenes.

I watched the first 3 episodes the other day and liked it.  One scene in E3 more than others.
    Laughed when I thought of Dave's post and the difference in some people & how they enjoy things.  More acting between the characters outside of the ring (sex or not) vs. more actual wrestling scenes is a very good thing, for my viewing pleasure.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    dankind said:

I watched the first 3 episodes the other day and liked it.  One scene in E3 more than others.
    Laughed when I thought of Dave's post and the difference in some people & how they enjoy things.  More acting between the characters outside of the ring (sex or not) vs. more actual wrestling scenes is a very good thing, for my viewing pleasure.
    Haha, not to keep piling on Dave here (sorry, Dave!), but I thought the exact same thing.
  • Chapelles new stand up special out.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Just starting the Wutang series on Hulu. I didn't really hear anything about it but so far so good.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    Why is that people don't understand what 'Netflix' means?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    kinda like using a band-aid or kleenex. in the south you'll be asked what kind of coke do you want? pepsi. sprite etc?

its become the term for some to suggest what are you streaming or binge watching.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    not a find , heard about it for awhile now but we have begun mindhunter....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    mickeyrat said:
    It's great....I wish we didn't have to wait so long for season 3
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I didn't realize that the guy playing Manson in Mindhunter season 2 is the same actor that played Manson in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

He really morphed into Manson in Mindhunter

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mickeyrat said:
    Just started season 2. Waited because I knew once I started I would be addicted to watching them all. I kind of miss the old days of being forced to wait a week or even longer. Really built up the suspense and allowed extra time to think about each episode and bounce theories off friends and coworkers. The early seasons of the the X-Files and Lost were the best for this type of viewing.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    tbergs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Just started season 2. Waited because I knew once I started I would be addicted to watching them all. I kind of miss the old days of being forced to wait a week or even longer. Really built up the suspense and allowed extra time to think about each episode and bounce theories off friends and coworkers. The early seasons of the the X-Files and Lost were the best for this type of viewing.
    I just watched Walking Dead season 9, 16 episodes, IN ONE WEEK. I have a job, two kids, a wife, and a home. 

Many hours of sleep were lost. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    A cop mystery centered on a small town in Iceland called Trapped was good this summer. 'Currently making my way through season one of Money Heist.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    kinda like using a band-aid or kleenex. in the south you'll be asked what kind of coke do you want? pepsi. sprite etc?

its become the term for some to suggest what are you streaming or binge watching.
    I don't feel like most people think this way. The specific streaming platforms are important. If someone says something is on Netflix, it has to be on Netflix specifically, and not on Hulu or Prime. There is even a strong distinction when ot comes to the "feel" of the original productions each of them do.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    just watched Bill Burr's new comedy special Paper Tiger. Fucking hilarious. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    mickeyrat said:

I generally discern between different streaming platforms in conversation or otherwise but in this case on a interent forum. Netflix thread reads to me streaming television thread. No need for knotted knickers... carry on.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    mickeyrat said:

I generally discern between different streaming platforms in conversation or otherwise but in this case on a interent forum. Netflix thread reads to me streaming television thread. No need for knotted knickers... carry on.
    Some people are into that, Chinaski. Who the hell are you to judge?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    mickeyrat said:

If this was titled the colloquial, "Netflix and Chill", or something or other, then I may agree with you. Until then OFF with their heads.
    Nvm that's sex. Carry on...
    Checked out the first episode of The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance yesterday. Stunning!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    6 or 7 episodes through of Mindhunter S2 so far, and it is so fucking good.
    tbergs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    The only downside to waiting a week between episodes (for me at least) is that I forget half of what I watched.  I do like being able to binge watch even it we watch 10 episodes over 7-10 days.

There is a new documentary on Showtime called "Murder in the Bayou"....by the time episode 2 rolled around I forgot what I had watched a week earlier.

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Watched 2 episodes of The I-Land last night. 

GOOD GOD STAY AWAY. WORST SHOW I'VE EVER SEEN ON NETFLIX. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    edited September 2019
    Watching Wu Assassins.  It’s a mixture of a lot of stuff that’s been done before.  The storyline could use some smoothing out.  Having a better idea of what it wants to be would be nice as well.  The effects can be pretty bad, but the martial arts are awesome.  Still prefer Into the Badlands, but this is a bit of fun.  

* I should add, I have the last two episodes to watch so my assessment may yet change.
    Post edited by Fifthelement on
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop

It's on my list..it is so bad??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:

SO BAD
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

23scidoo said:

SO BAD
    Haha, thanks..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

Why did you watch 2nd episode?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

Why did you watch 2nd episode?
    it wasn't abundantly clear it was that bad until ep 2. and plus, i like to give something a chance. i was just sitting on my ass anyway. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD