Options

I'm going to buy a teapot

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,045
edited September 2019 in All Encompassing Trip
Don't know if I will also buy some new mugs or not. But a teapot I will buy. Tomorrow I think.

Instead of going to the kitchen and boil new water for my mug in the electric kettle - I can now bring a teapot with me when I work. 

Anyone else thinking about buying a teapot? Or are you waiting for Eddie to sell one on his tour?

How do your teapots look? 
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    I just run water through our coffee maker without coffee in it. Comes out hot enough to steep tea.
  • Options
    I highly recommend a thermal tea pot carafe...I make a litre pot or two every day usually herbal...tea is always on.and it travels well..not as fun looking as the one above though...I'd buy a pj one for sure but wouldn't wait on it...i tried running it through the coffee maker and the teas tend to taste like coffee...not so good...
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I just run water through our coffee maker without coffee in it. Comes out hot enough to steep tea.
    I highly recommend a thermal tea pot carafe...I make a litre pot or two every day usually herbal...tea is always on.and it travels well..not as fun looking as the one above though...I'd buy a pj one for sure but wouldn't wait on it...i tried running it through the coffee maker and the teas tend to taste like coffee...not so good...
    You don't have an electric kettle?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Not a plastic one...boiling water in plastic doesn't seem right to me...I have a glass electric kettle...then use the thermal carafe so hot tea stays hot for the day...
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I only have a coffee maker.  I do not like tea.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    The best tea pot I ever had was a beautiful, un-glazed Japanese tea pot I found like-new in a yard sale.  Until I find one like it again, there will never be a teapot that suits me well like that one did.  It slipped out of my hands one day and... :frowning:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I do not like tea.

Not even Friggs blåbärste?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

S_C, You are looking for a tea kettle. Tea pots cannot go on direct heat. Tea pots are those pretty foofy things most people have sitting around collecting dust. 

You can heat the water in a tea kettle on the stove. I have this lil guy. If you overfill it with water, it will spit hot water all over your stove. As long as you refill below the spout, you are good to go. 

As for tea, this is what I drink. It's about $3.75 at a brick and mortar. 

And please don't drink tea with water that has been boiled in plastic. :fearful:

Can't you just use a metal travel mug, make it at home and bring it with you? Mine isn't a Yeti, but the water stays decently hot for about 5 1/2 hours. 

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Short and stout?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Short and stout?
    :lol:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    Short and stout?
    Just no “spouts”, please. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    Short and stout?
    Just no “spouts”, please. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I do not like tea.

Not even Friggs blåbärste?
    Just coffee.  Preferably a dark roast...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Im english so i have a bone china tea pot. 
    Nice .
    Also i recently was given a cup with a strainer that fits in the top so i can use tea leaves. Game changer. Best tea ever
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Im english so i have a bone china tea pot. 
    Nice .
    Also i recently was given a cup with a strainer that fits in the top so i can use tea leaves. Game changer. Best tea ever
    So you use a tea pot and tea kettle? Am I missing something? (Serious question.)

It drives my boss crazy that I leave the bags in my cup until the tea is done. She acts like I am breaking some major commandment. Not that I am going to stop "over-steeping" my tea, but thoughts? I truly am curious. 
  • Options
    If i use bags i leave in cup
     A tea pot you can use bags  but better  with tea leaves. Boil water and let stew. Goooood tea. Strong
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    The pot is about the brew
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I never had strong tea.  That I might enjoy.  I love strong coffee, usually, 3 days burnt to shit coffee works.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    If i use bags i leave in cup
     A tea pot you can use bags  but better  with tea leaves. Boil water and let stew. Goooood tea. Strong
    And the higher the amount of caffeine. :smiley:

Do you reuse tea leaves? I don't. Apparently you can though. 
  • Options
    Just  one use for me
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
  • Options
    I will buy it tomorrow.

Show us a picture of your teapot @lastexitlondon

• Options
    Have a look at the tea set for sale on The Foo's website.You might think twice :open_mouth:
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    chelsea48 said:
    Have a look at the tea set for sale on The Foo's website.You might think twice :open_mouth:
    That set is hilarious. Love it. Wouldn’t spend that amount of money though 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    I will buy it tomorrow.

Show us a picture of your teapot @lastexitlondon

Hey! This is an all ages forum. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

That would be $275.38. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Will do. My spout on its way
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    i found this whilst out. Tea for 1. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    edited September 2019
    Get yourself a tea cozy too, keep it hot for a long time.

I wish so much that I liked tea. Everyone who does enjoys it so much, and it seems like such a soothing, comforting thing without a bunch of calories.... But I hate it. The taste of all teas are bad for me. Doesn't matter what kind. I keep trying them, from black to green to herbal.... it all has that same underlying tea flavour that I just can't stand. :cry: That said, I've made a million cups of tea - I was like my parents' tea slave growing up. They asked me to make them a cup of tea every half hour probably, starting when I was about 6 years old, lol. They are gaga for tea.... Maybe I actually subconsciously hate tea because I was a tea slave as a child. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    don’t like green teas. often tasteless. 

red tea is where its at. or the regular black kind.