The Raconteurs

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    It will go great in my raccoon/squirrel poster theme room..  

I don't get it.  

I think the best print was the crystal ball. 
    The DC print was cool.
    I was there and passed on that print.  I just didn't like the bat/horse thing.  i'm not sure what it was.  
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited September 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

I don't get it.  

The DC print was cool.
    I was there and passed on that print.  I just didn't like the bat/horse thing.  i'm not sure what it was.  
    MC5 homage!
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • I hope this band will stay active after the tour is over put out another album more shows next yr ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

I don't get it.  

The DC print was cool.
    MC5 homage!
    Is that right?  Interesting.  I guess that would make sense, being a Detroit thing.  I was never into punk myself.  
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

I don't get it.  

The DC print was cool.
    MC5 homage!
    Is that right?  Interesting.  I guess that would make sense, being a Detroit thing.  I was never into punk myself.  

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Horos said:

Still like my Oregon poster best it really captures the spirit of Oregon.
    #FHP
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    My Help Us Stranger cassette showed up today. Forgot about it til last week and checked out my BandCamp and Thirdman accounts and seen  no sign of pending arrival. 

Be be in the lookout if you ordered.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited September 2019

Poster from the Cleveland show back in August. 
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    They have had some great posters this tour
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Such a good live show.  Really great.  Any version of Jack White is terrific.

My top 4 all time live acts are Pearl Jam, Muse, Jack White and Cage the elephant.  Cage is in their prime I think, but the rest are still amazing.  Probably rank them this way at this very moment live: 1) Pearl Jam 2) Cage 3) Jack 4) Muse
    hippiemom = goodness
  • booboolisciousboobooliscious Hebron, KY Posts: 253
    My wife & I were in Lexington with my daughter for parents' weekend, and I had to miss the Cincinnati show. I heard it was awesome. Some friends of mine ran into the band after the show in Covington.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    I hope this band will stay active after the tour is over put out another album more shows next yr ! 
    Yes please 
  • nicknyr15 said:
    I hope this band will stay active after the tour is over put out another album more shows next yr ! 
    Yes please 
    👍
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I hope so. I would pay to travel and see them again.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. Haiku said:
    I hope so. I would pay to travel and see them again.
    Me too ! 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Such a good live show.  Really great.  Any version of Jack White is terrific.

My top 4 all time live acts are Pearl Jam, Muse, Jack White and Cage the elephant.  Cage is in their prime I think, but the rest are still amazing.  Probably rank them this way at this very moment live: 1) Pearl Jam 2) Cage 3) Jack 4) Muse
    saw CTE in a shitty sounding venue opening for QOTSA before CTE released their album. Couldn't hear a damn thing they were playing. They've only been back once since (for their second record) and it sold out in nanoseconds. 

Still choked I haven't seen them properly. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited September 2019
    Am I the only one that things CTE is entirely unoriginal?  Every song I hear I feel like I can tie back directly back to someone else.  Coincidentally, it really crystallized with me with Ain't No Rest for the Wicked.  That seems like a bootleg of Effect and Cause by the White Stripes.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:
    Am I the only one that things CTE is entirely unoriginal?  Every song I hear I feel like I can tie back directly back to someone else.  Coincidentally, it really crystallized with me with Ain't No Rest for the Wicked.  That seems like a bootleg of Effect and Cause by the White Stripes.  
    that's easily their worst song. I find with every album they evolve into something familiar yet different. that's one thing I like about them the most. I don't find them derivative at all. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mrussel1 said:

I have yet to hear anything by them that impresses me.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't own any of their albums but they are kickass live
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1 said:
    yes, you are the only one.  And you are wrong...very wrong.  Go sit in a corner.
    hippiemom = goodness
    mrussel1 said:
    yes, you are the only one.  And you are wrong...very wrong.  Go sit in a corner.
    I'm not wrong.. listen to those two songs.  It's worse than listening to a Greta Van Fleet song and claiming they don't know who Zeppelin is.  
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    New Portland date announced. Does anyone know if there's a Vault presale? I recently canceled.
    #FHP
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    What time are they going on on this tour?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    9ish.
    I think Cleveland was about 9:15.

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    I was a lottery loser for ACL taping. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    deadendp said:
    I think Cleveland was about 9:15.

Don't know much about The Raconteurs, but i'll check this out.

Thanks for the heads-up.
    If anyone is interested in the files for the ACL show, send me a PM.  Other than missing a very little bit of the first song because I was an idiot and accidentally hit mute, all is there.  Sounds good.  
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Horos said:
    New Portland date announced. Does anyone know if there's a Vault presale? I recently canceled.
    Cool! I'm not a Vault member. Anyone have a lead on the presale code?

Also, venue site states "$2 from every ticket will be donated to Pearl Jam's Vitalogy Foundation." Awesome!