Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions- Poster Exhibit

Comments

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    edited September 2019
    shecky said:
    To: 'I'd Rather Be' (I didn't want to click on "quote" and cause your entire comment to be reproduced). Who's trying to be "cool"? I'm being honest. I saw what I saw and I heard what I heard. But I definitely understand why you're so pissed off at yourself. You actually drove seven and a half hours there and then forgot to get in line?! You would've been GUARANTEED a foil being that early! You could've slept in a lawn chair like everyone else or even curled up in a blanket. Yeah, I would've cried AND thrown up if i'd screwed up like that. And by the way, for you to drive FIFTEEN HOURS round trip just to buy a poster is a hugely selfish, narcissistic affront against the environment. It says quite a bit about you...
    Interesting interpretation of that post. Perhaps you missed this: "I wasn't even aware there would be a foil until the people in front of me mentioned the possibility of one. I thought that would be cool to get it."

I never mentioned this back during the opening, but I was 13th in line. You would think that would "guarantee" a foil with an edition of 25. However, the woman who was 12th in line had already checked out with a foil when an employee came down from upstairs and announced that no more foils should be sold. They removed the foil from her order. She was livid, and had a right to be. I was in the middle of the ordering process when this went down and they removed the foil from my cart.

Was I upset? I was happy I saved $150 by not having the option to buy the foil. I didn't cry or want to throw up or felt like I "screwed up" by not getting there early enough.
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • EH14457EH14457 Orlando, FL Posts: 205
    To be fair, the original post didn’t in any way imply that everyone who didn’t get a foil looked nauseous any more than my post implied that everyone who was in line early had friends join them in line later to buy extra posters. 

There were lots of great people there. Someone walked around offering donuts to everyone in line, someone offered to let us jump further up the line and join them once it became apparent a bunch of ringers were showing up (we declined). And most people inside were jazzed just to meet the artists and enjoy the exhibit. 

That said, some people were way more interested in the transactional nature of the event than in the art, and some people were really frustrated at not being able to buy rare prints that would have a high resale value. The overlap on that Venn diagram is probably significant. 

10/7/96 (FL), 9/22/98 (FL), 9/23/98 (FL), 8/9/00 (FL), 8/10/00 (FL), 8/12/00 (FL), 4/11/03 (FL), 4/12/03 (FL), 4/13/03 (FL), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 7/12/03 (PA), 7/14/03 (NJ), 10/8/04 (FL), 8/5/07 (IL), 11/27/12 (FL), 12/6/13 (WA), 4/8/16 (FL), 4/9/16 (FL), 4/11/16 (FL), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 8/8/18 (WA), 8/10/18 (WA), 9/25/21 (CA), 9/26/21 (CA), 5/3/22 (CA), 5/12/22 (CA), 5/13/22 (CA), 9/18/23 (TX), 9/19/23 (TX), 10/23/23 (WA), 10/24/23 (WA)

• sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    To darthvedder (again, I don't click on "quote" because then we all have read your entire poster again): My original post obviously was not referring to you or the "opening" show. I clearly stated that I had just returned from the "closing" show and what I personally had observed. I was actually standing in the small "shop" room where the transactions are completed when the "foils are sold out" announcement was made. I personally observed the faces of people who looked like they were ready to cry. I also saw others that looked like they were going to be physically sick to their stomachs. And there were still others who didn't appear to be PJ fans at all who calmly got on their iphones and started typing. And as far as the guy that commented here that he'd driven seven and a half hours just to buy a new poster (whether he knew about a foil version or not), he DID screw up, in my opinion, by falling asleep in his car. We're still allowed to have personal observations, interpretations and opinions in this country, you know...
  • shecky said:
    To darthvedder (again, I don't click on "quote" because then we all have read your entire poster again): My original post obviously was not referring to you or the "opening" show. I clearly stated that I had just returned from the "closing" show and what I personally had observed. I was actually standing in the small "shop" room where the transactions are completed when the "foils are sold out" announcement was made. I personally observed the faces of people who looked like they were ready to cry. I also saw others that looked like they were going to be physically sick to their stomachs. And there were still others who didn't appear to be PJ fans at all who calmly got on their iphones and started typing. And as far as the guy that commented here that he'd driven seven and a half hours just to buy a new poster (whether he knew about a foil version or not), he DID screw up, in my opinion, by falling asleep in his car. We're still allowed to have personal observations, interpretations and opinions in this country, you know...
    Observe, interpret, and opine all you want. I just don't understand why you're attacking the other post for observing, interpreting, and opining.
  • StevieG73StevieG73 Dublin, Ireland and New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 440
    Every time I see an update to this thread, I'm hoping for news on the exhibit....not this.  Opinions are like farts...just because you have one doesn't mean you need to let it out.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I'm probably the only one who had been following this whole “art show” and laughing t the overvalued overpriced emek and Klausen and Ames prints.  These weren’t even a show poster, there was no gig.  These massively overpriced posters have been created to commemorate an art show-not the band, not a concert, but a for-profit art gallery showing prints for past concerts.... and a way to draw hype and money by rereleasing the 2xl prints, aluminum versions, etc.  all the while Zippos and rugs have been being released by emek.  It’s silly- if you missed out on a foil version of some swimming skeletons with PJ written on the top, don’t worry, you didn’t miss anything important or worthy of a memory anyway. These are like a handout for the pop up shop in 2013, not worth the 150 they sold for.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • ^I love posters, but it’s hard to argue with that^ 

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • I'm probably the only one who had been following this whole “art show” and laughing t the overvalued overpriced emek and Klausen and Ames prints.  These weren’t even a show poster, there was no gig.  These massively overpriced posters have been created to commemorate an art show-not the band, not a concert, but a for-profit art gallery showing prints for past concerts.... and a way to draw hype and money by rereleasing the 2xl prints, aluminum versions, etc.  all the while Zippos and rugs have been being released by emek.  It’s silly- if you missed out on a foil version of some swimming skeletons with PJ written on the top, don’t worry, you didn’t miss anything important or worthy of a memory anyway. These are like a handout for the pop up shop in 2013, not worth the 150 they sold for.
    I actually agree with you.  It's funny that you made a comment on what something is worth considering ...  Eh, screw it.  Not worth the effort.
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    shecky said:
    To: 'I'd Rather Be' (I didn't want to click on "quote" and cause your entire comment to be reproduced). Who's trying to be "cool"? I'm being honest. I saw what I saw and I heard what I heard. But I definitely understand why you're so pissed off at yourself. You actually drove seven and a half hours there and then forgot to get in line?! You would've been GUARANTEED a foil being that early! You could've slept in a lawn chair like everyone else or even curled up in a blanket. Yeah, I would've cried AND thrown up if i'd screwed up like that. And by the way, for you to drive FIFTEEN HOURS round trip just to buy a poster is a hugely selfish, narcissistic affront against the environment. It says quite a bit about you...
    Guess y’all better ride your bicycles to the show so you aren’t a narcissist destroying the environment. How selfish of someone to drive somewhere that they wanted to go!
  • I'm probably the only one who had been following this whole “art show” and laughing t the overvalued overpriced emek and Klausen and Ames prints.  These weren’t even a show poster, there was no gig.  These massively overpriced posters have been created to commemorate an art show-not the band, not a concert, but a for-profit art gallery showing prints for past concerts.... and a way to draw hype and money by rereleasing the 2xl prints, aluminum versions, etc.  all the while Zippos and rugs have been being released by emek.  It’s silly- if you missed out on a foil version of some swimming skeletons with PJ written on the top, don’t worry, you didn’t miss anything important or worthy of a memory anyway. These are like a handout for the pop up shop in 2013, not worth the 150 they sold for.
    This is why I didn't go this past Saturday. Thank you for putting my thoughts into words.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314

ISO closing edition print.
    demetrios said:

Man, those look good together! I framed and hung the opening poster the very next day and have been considering hanging the closing poster next to it as you have illustrated here. Thanks, you just convinced me! This is perhaps the ultimate Emek/Pearl Jam poster, for obvious reasons.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    shecky said:
    demetrios said:

Man, those look good together! I framed and hung the opening poster the very next day and have been considering hanging the closing poster next to it as you have illustrated here. Thanks, you just convinced me! This is perhaps the ultimate Emek/Pearl Jam poster, for obvious reasons.
    How can it be the ultimate poster if it’s not for an actual concert?  It’s cool and all but in my head the ultimate Emek/Pearl Jam poster has to be from an actual concert.  

Congrats on scoring some nice prints.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

shecky said:
    demetrios said:

For obvious reasons.

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    demetrios said:

Place a mirror on the opposite wall.   
    demetrios said:

I just stumbled upon where this photo is from...eBay! $1200. for the pair actually isn't a bad price - people were paying that for the opening poster alone when it first came out. The seller is in Hawaii which seems strange...
    shecky said:
    demetrios said:

I just stumbled upon where this photo is from...eBay! $1200. for the pair actually isn't a bad price - people were paying that for the opening poster alone when it first came out. The seller is in Hawaii which seems strange...
    And it looks like the pair sold for $1200. I wonder if the buyer saw them here? Congrats if you did!

Meet the Artist: Brad Klausen

JUST ANNOUNCED: Brad Klausen at Haight Street Art Center next weekend!

When: Sat Sep 28 @ 12 noon to 6 pm

Where: Haight Street Art Center
    215 Haight Street (at Laguna)
    San Francisco CA 94102
    (Nearby Muni lines: 6, 7, and F)

Cost: Free!

(appreciated, but not required)

Please stop by, meet Brad, and check out his Pearl Jam poster art in the gallery. Also, Brad will release an an exclusive LIVE IN TWO DIMENSIONS exhibit screen print.
    The Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions poster exhibition is free to view, now through October 13, 2019.

Pearl Jam Aluminum Prints by Brad Klausen available to order now.

So there's still hope for a two-headed tiger poster. Yes!
  • shecky said:
    shecky said:
    demetrios said:

And it looks like the pair sold for $1200. I wonder if the buyer saw them here? Congrats if you did!
    $1200 for these?

Man people are nuts...
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 514
    demetrios said:

I don't have either of these but they are really nice. I pictured them on two different walls in a corner.
    Things were different then
    Evel K said:
    demetrios said:

I don't have either of these but they are really nice. I pictured them on two different walls in a corner.
    Hey, that is an interesting idea! Imagine reversing the posters and having the skeletons swimming away from each other out of a corner. Hmmm...

Meet the Artist: Brad Klausen

REMINDER: Brad Klausen at Haight Street Art Center this weekend!

When: Sat Sep 28 @ 12 noon to 6 pm

Where: Haight Street Art Center
    215 Haight Street (at Laguna)
    San Francisco CA 94102
    (Nearby Muni lines: 6, 7, and F)

Cost: Free!

(appreciated, but not required)

Please stop by, meet Brad, and check out his Pearl Jam poster art in the gallery. Also, Brad will release an exclusive LIVE IN TWO DIMENSIONS exhibit screen print.
    The Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions poster exhibition is free to view, now through October 13, 2019. Beginning this Saturday please check out new items from Munk One and Emek in the HSAC online Gallery Shop.

Highlights: Emek and Munk One’s visit to HSAC

Our September 14th Artist Visit was a terrific success.

While visiting, Emek signing his Aluminum Edition Prints in HSAC’s production studio.
    While visiting, Emek signing his Aluminum Edition Prints in HSAC’s production studio.
    ANNOUNCEMENT: Please note we’re extending the Aluminum Editions ordering deadline until Friday, October 4th. Individual signed and numbered prints will be ready for pick up or delivery starting Monday, October 14th.

All Pearl Jam Aluminum Prints are available to order now.
    Order Now

From Brad ..

a quick heads up, we had to postpone and reschedule my visit to the Haight Street Gallery at the last minute. So I won’t be there Saturday, but we moved it to the weekend of Oct 11/12 when the ames bros will also be there.
    edited September 2019

Post edited by demetrios on
  • I really want the aluminum Edmonton poster.  I was there.  Already have the show edition framed, but that aluminum one looks amazing. I’m in liquidation mode though.  Got a few days to decide.