Pearl Jam: Live in Two Dimensions- Poster Exhibit

Comments

• StevieG73StevieG73 Dublin, Ireland and New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 440
    edited September 2019
    demetrios said:
    That would seem a bit odd...since this is a timed edition, it could mean there are way more signed variants than the signed blue version.
    Post edited by StevieG73 on
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • KS80184KS80184 Posts: 385
    I saw a photo of what seemed to be a foil variant on one of these threads- where was that from?  Is that what they might be selling?
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    Not a chance. The foil was an edition of 25 and they reportedly only sold 10-15 of them at the opening day of the show. Emek tends to print very small runs of his foils and has a friend or family member sell them via eBay and one of the private online poster auctions. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    StevieG73 said:
    demetrios said:
    That would seem a bit odd...since this is a timed edition, it could mean there are way more signed variants than the signed blue version.
    The EMEK Live In Two Dimensions are not timed editions. The new foil & regular edition EMEK closing edition prints will start selling this Saturday.

• shecky said:
    Not a chance. The foil was an edition of 25 and they reportedly only sold 10-15 of them at the opening day of the show. Emek tends to print very small runs of his foils and has a friend or family member sell them via eBay and one of the private online poster auctions. 
    He did a run of 40 this time.  foil 25 and AP 15.  Then there are the others he has stashed away that might say AP2 or HC or no number in general.

The man knows what he's doing.

PEARL JAM: LIVE IN TWO DIMENSIONS Exhibition Has Been Extended

PEARL JAM: LIVE IN TWO DIMENSIONS has been extended through October 13th, 2019!

Make your way to San Francisco if you can to see this extensive exhibition of Pearl Jam gig posters at Haight Street Art Center before it ends.

Emek and Munk One will be there on September 14th for a meet and greet. Come meet the artists and check out their Pearl Jam prints and other works on Saturday, September 14th from 12:00pm - 6:00pm at Haight Street Art Center. This event is free and open to the public.

Enter to win an Aluminum Edition Pearl Jam Poster.
    https://pearljam.com/ten-club/contest

Anyone going this Saturday able to help me up with a poster please let me know. Thanks!
  • Sadly my wife and I both work Sat. But thinking about going Sunday to check it out. 6 hr round trip drive to Frisco but what a great city and something PJ related. Sounds good 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.

@INVISIBLE_IND - This Saturday, Sept. 14th @HaightStreetArt @Munk_One & @EMEKstudios get together to talk @PearlJam posters, art and ‘how a poster gets made’.

Sadly my wife and I both work Sat. But thinking about going Sunday to check it out. 6 hr round trip drive to Frisco but what a great city and something PJ related. Sounds good 
    1. Unless you're a Hell's Angel, don't call it "Frisco".
    2. If you do come, don't wear sandals (lots of used syringes and human do-do everywhere, especially on the sidewalks).
    3. Oh yeah, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    shecky said:
    Sadly my wife and I both work Sat. But thinking about going Sunday to check it out. 6 hr round trip drive to Frisco but what a great city and something PJ related. Sounds good 
    1. Unless you're a Hell's Angel, don't call it "Frisco".
    2. If you do come, don't wear sandals (lots of used syringes and human do-do everywhere, especially on the sidewalks).
    3. Oh yeah, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.
    Was there last weekend. Walked from Kitchen Story to Haight Street gallery and walked past lots of doodoo along Market Street.  Nice to know they're the human type. Also a good amount of zombies walking around
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    edited September 2019
    Just read this yesterday and thought it was interesting regarding Emek’s poster...

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-49672855

Not sure if it’s the exact ones for the poster but still interesting.  

Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

edited September 2019
    Today's art show was much less attended and a lot more relaxed than the July opener was. And it was confirmed that only 8 foil variants of the new version of the poster (with the skeletons swimming towards the LEFT) were sold today (from an edition of 25). But the regular blue version (edition of 115) is a real beauty and there were plenty available (but only one per customer).
    Post edited by shecky on

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    My two favorites
  • shecky said:
    Today's art show was much less attended and a lot more relaxed than the July opener was. And it was confirmed that only 8 foil variants of the new version of the poster (with the skeletons swimming towards the LEFT) were sold today (from an edition of 25). But the regular blue version (edition of 115) is a real beauty and there were plenty available (but only one per customer).
    I liked your post “prior” to your “edit.” It pretty much hit the nail on the head concerning grown adult behavior when it comes to all of this merch, lol!
  • EH14457EH14457 Orlando, FL Posts: 205
    edited September 2019
    Post edited by EH14457 on

10/7/96 (FL), 9/22/98 (FL), 9/23/98 (FL), 8/9/00 (FL), 8/10/00 (FL), 8/12/00 (FL), 4/11/03 (FL), 4/12/03 (FL), 4/13/03 (FL), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 7/12/03 (PA), 7/14/03 (NJ), 10/8/04 (FL), 8/5/07 (IL), 11/27/12 (FL), 12/6/13 (WA), 4/8/16 (FL), 4/9/16 (FL), 4/11/16 (FL), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 8/8/18 (WA), 8/10/18 (WA), 9/25/21 (CA), 9/26/21 (CA), 5/3/22 (CA), 5/12/22 (CA), 5/13/22 (CA), 9/18/23 (TX), 9/19/23 (TX), 10/23/23 (WA), 10/24/23 (WA)

• EH14457EH14457 Orlando, FL Posts: 205
    Same. Literally overheard in line as friends showed up to join their party (cutting others who had been waiting)...

1: ”Why are we here?”
    2: ”We’re buying posters.”
    1: ”Posters?”
    2: ”Yeah.”
    1: “Ok. You need us to buy posters?”
    2: “Yeah. It’s one per person. What’s your PayPal?”
    1: “Why do you need my paypal?”

At that point I lost track of who was sending money to whom electronically, and which way the wads of cash were going, but it was all just... a bit much. 

We were all too far back to snag any of the foils anyway, so... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aside from that whole thing, the exhibit was great. It was awesome to see so much great art in one place. I grabbed a regular edition closing poster and got some sigs. Munk One and Emek could not possibly have been any more friendly or gracious. 🙂

10/7/96 (FL), 9/22/98 (FL), 9/23/98 (FL), 8/9/00 (FL), 8/10/00 (FL), 8/12/00 (FL), 4/11/03 (FL), 4/12/03 (FL), 4/13/03 (FL), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 7/12/03 (PA), 7/14/03 (NJ), 10/8/04 (FL), 8/5/07 (IL), 11/27/12 (FL), 12/6/13 (WA), 4/8/16 (FL), 4/9/16 (FL), 4/11/16 (FL), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 8/8/18 (WA), 8/10/18 (WA), 9/25/21 (CA), 9/26/21 (CA), 5/3/22 (CA), 5/12/22 (CA), 5/13/22 (CA), 9/18/23 (TX), 9/19/23 (TX), 10/23/23 (WA), 10/24/23 (WA)

Mr. Fixer said:
    shecky said:
    I liked your post “prior” to your “edit.” It pretty much hit the nail on the head concerning grown adult behavior when it comes to all of this merch, lol!
    Yeah, I know. I posted it right after I got home and was giving my honest impression. But then later on I thought my comments would be construed as too negative so I edited them. Glad to know that I'm not the only one to think that way...thanks!
  • shecky said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    shecky said:
    Yeah, I know. I posted it right after I got home and was giving my honest impression. But then later on I thought my comments would be construed as too negative so I edited them. Glad to know that I'm not the only one to think that way...thanks!
    The best quote was describing how some people looked as if they were going to throw up when it was announced that the foil was sold out, and some looked as if they were going to cry. It is so funny because I have seen it at shows before, and have experienced the madness and whining of fans here when they miss a “drop.” It is quite the phenomenon, lol.
  • How much was the regular "closing" edition? $100? $115? I assume the foil was $250 like before.
  • Mr. Fixer said:
    shecky said:
    Mr. Fixer said:
    shecky said:
    The best quote was describing how some people looked as if they were going to throw up when it was announced that the foil was sold out, and some looked as if they were going to cry. It is so funny because I have seen it at shows before, and have experienced the madness and whining of fans here when they miss a “drop.” It is quite the phenomenon, lol.
    Normally, I would not comment on something like this. I read this stuff and have the approach of do nothing. However, I was at the event. I drove seven and a half hours there and seven and a half hours back. I really wanted one of the show posters without having to pay some asshole an astronomical amount of money for one. 

I got there around 5:00 am. I slept in my car, as I did not set up a hotel. I was doing this on the cheap. Life is already expensive as it is. I could have gotten in line then, but didn't. When I did get in line, I was eleven in line. I wasn't even aware there would be a foil until the people in front of me mentioned the possibility of one. I thought that would be cool to get it.

The people in front of me and behind me were cool. We talked for several hours waiting there. 

I did not get a foil. Neither did some of the people in front of me or behind me. I do not recall them looking like they were going to cry. Please excuse how I looked when I was there. I was tired and had very little sleep. 

It is annoying to come on here and hear the Pearl Jam Police and self appointed judges run their mouth and opinions. 

I am in my picture when I post on here. It would be nice to know what some of you making these comments look like. I'm sure we saw each other on Saturday. We may have even talked. Not cool to post some of these comments. 

edited September 2019
    To: 'I'd Rather Be' (I didn't want to click on "quote" and cause your entire comment to be reproduced). Who's trying to be "cool"? I'm being honest. I saw what I saw and I heard what I heard. But I definitely understand why you're so pissed off at yourself. You actually drove seven and a half hours there and then forgot to get in line?! You would've been GUARANTEED a foil being that early! You could've slept in a lawn chair like everyone else or even curled up in a blanket. Yeah, I would've cried AND thrown up if i'd screwed up like that. And by the way, for you to drive FIFTEEN HOURS round trip just to buy a poster is a hugely selfish, narcissistic affront against the environment. It says quite a bit about you...
    Post edited by shecky on