Inside Job

2»

Comments

• i like the music, but Mike should be kept far far FAR away from writing lyrics. sounds like some kind of Stuart Smalley inspirational self help crap to me.

i can see Mike running through the rain singing about being a human light. its not a pleasant picture for me :)
  • geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    Mike running or Mike singing? ;)

I slightly cringe at the lyrics, the only line I like is 'It's an inside job today'. Still, I get the encouragement out of the song. It is my job interview song.
    When I was standing in the cold and rain at the Christchurch concert, I really wished they would play this one. It was the last song I was thinking of when I went there, but when I was there, it was the only song I hoped for. Not that I didn't get more then I expected. :)
  • thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    gecko wrote:
    Mike running or Mike singing? ;)

I slightly cringe at the lyrics, the only line I like is 'It's an inside job today'. Still, I get the encouragement out of the song. It is my job interview song.
    When I was standing in the cold and rain at the Christchurch concert, I really wished they would play this one. It was the last song I was thinking of when I went there, but when I was there, it was the only song I hoped for. Not that I didn't get more then I expected. :)

Job interview song...I love it. I will have to remember that if/when I interview for a job in the future.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    AH129339 wrote:
    I know everyone gets caught up with Led Zep, Beatles, Stones, Floyd and so on..... But i sincerely believe that Inside Job is the best song ever written. I agree its one that you have to relate to to really feel it but in my eyes it is perfect.

Am I crazy ?

ladies and gentlemen, i present to you the single, most absurd post this board has seen... since someone said evacuation was the band's best song ever written a few days ago.

you people need to have your heads examined.

:roll: :lol:

lol - there is a lot of competition out there! And yes, Inside Job wouldn't make the grade. As a live therapeutic experience however, it can be very moving!

I wouldn't really know where to start with best song ever written - girlfriend in a coma, drive my car, break on through, moonlight drive, like a rolling stone - shit - there are a lot of fucking good songs in the world!

Agree, Inside Job can't stand up against them - but then even PJs best songs are often as much about the passion as the craftsmanship. I would say Sometimes, In Hiding, footsteps - I could see myself defending them - garden, yes. mmmmmm.... this thread is doomed to a mass outbreak of arguments I fear! Hotel California is a brilliant song - I never liked Stairway much, I think four sticks is my favourite from that album!! :o Now TANGERINE - now you're talking!!

[tries to make a swift exit at this point!]
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Bump 9/11
  • Song helped me find inspiration when I was in serious need of overcoming self-doubt.  Like others, I remember seeing the advance track list and expected it would be a mediocre political track.  Turned out to be one of my favorites.   
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    It is a fantastic effort!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • I love  Inside Job. Lyrics are a little cheesy but that’s what makes it fun. Reminds me of a great 80’s hair metal sing along but with great music. Always puts me in a good mood. Great song. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • CridderCridder Posts: 165
    Today...
  • CridderCridder Posts: 165
    My basement wall
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    this thread is funny. Inside Job is great. Avocado in general is great. 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • dreamcodedreamcode Posts: 165
    The instrumental in the beginning of IJ reminds me of Dire Straits 
    And he still gives his love,
    he just gives it away...
  • hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 188
    I always liked it but when they used it as the opener to the Las Vegas show in 2006 - it floored me.  Sooo awesome as an opener.  
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Someone pointed out on facebook that this 311 song sounds eerily similar to Inside Job and I gotta agree with them.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    Someone pointed out on facebook that this 311 song sounds eerily similar to Inside Job and I gotta agree with them.

I saw that today. It did make me go hmm. 
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    One of my favourite songs and since they opened the show in Frankfurt its also one of (what i think) the best openers
  • TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,216
    Robbert said:
    One of my favourite songs and since they opened the show in Frankfurt its also one of (what i think) the best openers
    Agree
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 703

I love this song, and that whole album! 
  • logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 452
    Best version is from Vegas 2006 as the opener. 
    1993 - Dallas
    1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin
    1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach
    2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco
    2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II
    2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis
    2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton
    2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu
    2008 - MSG I & II
    2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV
    2010 - Kansas City | St Louis
    2011 - PJ20 I & II
    2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC
    2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver
    2022 - OKC
    2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II
    2024* - Seattle I & II