Options

How to help one Homeless Man...

jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
Hey guys.  This article was just released in the SF chronicle and I cannot get it off my mind.  I went to high school with these brothers and what has happened to Tyson is incredibly sad and they could use some help if you feel like giving or just sharing this article.  I'll be honest, this was eye opening for me.  I never fully understood how this can happen to someone and this hit close to home.  A quote in the article really stood out to me: 

“Keep looking. He needs you,” T said. “Me? My family passed away. Nobody’s looking for me. And you stay out here long enough, like me, it gets deep. When s— happens to you it’s like a tattoo. It never leaves. It’ll kill you.“But Tyson,” he said, patting his chest, “at least he has you. Go find him.”

Here's a link to the article.  https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Once-homeless-now-found-Danville-native-13817848.php?fbclid=IwAR26crumNvtZThqCB3CLehaJBC7TVv7euV8ksGkwOK2ycvpZmXlHqSOjuQU&psid=32O3s

His brother has been pretty good with posting updates.  I'm sure anything would help, good thoughts, sharing the article/go fund me, or donating if you feel.  Happy Sunday to you all and have a great week <3  
IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
*** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
2020 - Ohana Fest
2021 - Ohana Fest
2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel

Comments

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,882
    Wow. That was a moving story. Thanks for sharing.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    This had a very unfortunate outcome. Tyson was doing well in Ohio with his brothers family, however he took off on a bus back to SF and overdosed on the same streets where his brother found him :-( His brother is now using those donations to start a sober living house in Tyson’s memory. Very sad.
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    And  compelling for us to establish something now...in this place
    ..in his...hosted honour...